• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash iPhone Wallet

Ok sounds good.

Step 1 : Download Xcode
Step 2 : Open Terminal
Step 3 : type in commands

if you have a src directory in Documents
cd ~/Documents/src
git clone https://github.com/QuantumExplorer/dashwallet.git

otherwise

cd ~/Documents
mkdir src
cd src
git clone https://github.com/QuantumExplorer/dashwallet.git

Step 4 : Navigate to project in finder, open DashWallet.xcodeproj
Step 5 : Plug in phone
Step 6 : Press Run (top left play style button)

Can someone test this out for me to make sure I didn't forget anything? (I already changed the id of the project.)

I don't have an iPhone handy right now, but if I compile without one, I get the following error:

ValidateEmbeddedBinary Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DashWallet-cpvgksatpsacznezinmawmqmlbtg/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/dashwallet.app/PlugIns/TodayExtension.appex
cd dashwallet
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
builtin-embeddedBinaryValidationUtility Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DashWallet-cpvgksatpsacznezinmawmqmlbtg/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/dashwallet.app/PlugIns/TodayExtension.appex -info-plist-path Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DashWallet-cpvgksatpsacznezinmawmqmlbtg/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/dashwallet.app/Info.plist​

error: Embedded binary's bundle identifier is not prefixed with the parent app's bundle identifier.

Embedded Binary Bundle Identifier: com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.TodayExtension
Parent App Bundle Identifier: com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallettest​

I don't have an iPhone handy right now, but if I compile without one, I get the following error:

ValidateEmbeddedBinary Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DashWallet-cpvgksatpsacznezinmawmqmlbtg/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/dashwallet.app/PlugIns/TodayExtension.appex
cd dashwallet
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
builtin-embeddedBinaryValidationUtility Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DashWallet-cpvgksatpsacznezinmawmqmlbtg/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/dashwallet.app/PlugIns/TodayExtension.appex -info-plist-path Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DashWallet-cpvgksatpsacznezinmawmqmlbtg/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/dashwallet.app/Info.plist​

error: Embedded binary's bundle identifier is not prefixed with the parent app's bundle identifier.

Embedded Binary Bundle Identifier: com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.TodayExtension
Parent App Bundle Identifier: com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallettest​
Sorry about that, pull again ('git pull' in the dash directory, or (In XCode) -> Source Control -> Pull))

Please do not share yet
i just tried (and talked to quantum)
there is still something to fix
we are here now:
cEW0hyL.png

hey tungfa, I updated the guide, sadly using this method with no signing we don't have access to the extension, it makes sense because you need entitlements for that. So removing that fixed the issue. Tell me if it works now for you.

For you do (in the dashwallet directory)

git branch distribution origin/distribution
git checkout distribution
git pull

then try it.

hey tungfa, I updated the guide, sadly using this method with no signing we don't have access to the extension, it makes sense because you need entitlements for that. So removing that fixed the issue. Tell me if it works now for you.

git pull

then try it.

am trying
looks good so far
but now here (since 30-45 min)
52Cm4Lr.png

git pull

then try it.

i erased everything
started and pulled new and got this:(Build Failed)
pX5t97B.png

did anybody else try this ?
mine is still not working, am chatting with quantum about some changes, but still not on

cleaned it up again
now wallet is running on Mac Simulator and said build was successful
but nothing on phone yet ?!?

V34PWtb.png

ok
- i finally found how to direct this to the correct devise (my phone)
- build failed (again)
- problem seems to be “no code signed identity found"

em0SWob.png

Last edited by a moderator:
ok
- i finally found how to direct this to the correct devise (my phone)
- build failed (again)
- problem seems to be “no code signed identity found"

em0SWob.png
Try to click "Fix issue" button to create new signing identity. You might also need to change Bundle Identifier to smth else if you have test version installed (not sure, I'm just guessing here).

Try to click "Fix issue" button to create new signing identity. You might also need to change Bundle Identifier to smth else if you have test version installed (not sure, I'm just guessing here).

can not find "fix issue"

did anybody manage to pull this off ?

tx man
but does not work
(i used my iTunes ID, but that is not enough)
i pinged quantum already (multiple times about that)
:what:
e1JlVz0.png

ahhh, tungfa, tungfa .... grab some coffee :tongue:
make it "com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.test" for example and it should compile

ahhh, tungfa, tungfa .... grab some coffee :tongue:

make it "com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.test" for example and it should compile

com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.test17
worked
but still:
gPbqmGx.png

did a clean
shift - command - k
tried again
same same

Edit:
and we all know that i am definitely the wrong person for this job !

com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.test17
worked
but still:
gPbqmGx.png

did a clean
shift - command - k
tried again
same same

Edit:
and we all know that i am definitely the wrong person for this job !
Hmmm.. I didn't have it... maybe it's smth with "TodayExtension"?

Try to switch to it and check if settings there match (there is a list to choose build product, see arrow)

em0SWob.png

tried
but
press ok
and still failed
(i used com.darkcoinfoundation.dashwallet.test17 as before)

f5u0YVh.png

Another good way for an wallet is like kryptokit´s rushwallet or the ethereum wallet. but dont know if some similar exist for dash.

Back