• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH Global Meetups

JZA

As I have mention throughout my updates from my previous proposal additionally to the multi-news site for DASH and DASH team of writers. We are also launching a new initiative called DASH Global Meetups where we will be funding meetups around the world.

We already launched a pilot program of this meetup which gained a lot of enthusiasm by DASHers across the planet. From Nigeria to South America to the Caribbean we experience a lot of die hard DASH fans with the energy to put DASH in the hand of many people including unbanked, disenfranchized and expats that could be benefited greatly by the chance of using cryptocurrency.

Here is an interview talking about the project during the DASH Conference:

The goal of DASH Global Meetups is to add structure to the meetups and also create teams of DASH enthusiasts that could propagate DASH to a higher amount of people.

At the moment we have been able to build these teams and meetups in the following countries:
- Nigeria
- Mexico
- Ghana
- Dominican Republic
- Venezuela
- Colombia
- Haiti

We expect to have other countries jump into this opportunity as the word gets spread and we want to formally launch the program with a 1 month payout and a 120 DASH for this.

The budget will be devided the following way:
- Groups need to be small but continous (prefferably weekly)
- Implement the DASH for Drink program (reinburse the assistant consumption)
- Print out DASH promotional material during the meetup
- Publish the meeting publically and be able to take in people from the general population
- Record clips from the meetups and pictures and upload them as proof
- Create a website with the next events or use an open service like meetup.com

Motivate assistant to participate on the DASH community whenever is through this forum, slack or telegram. Build a core team that can handle bigger events.

Depending on the evolution of the community it would be able to access more funds, for an inttial team, the budget should be around 50-100 USD per meetup. For larger meetups it can accept up to 1 DASH. Even larger or joined meetups can access more depending on the experience and criteria followed.

Here are some of the pictures from the meetups already being taken place:
https://steemit.com/dash/@jza/dash-global-meetups-around-the-world

We understand the high level of administration that involves funding these meetusps across the different timezones, and places. We will provide more detailed budget breakdowns on how the money is being used. We plan to merge this budget in the future with the other budget that is currently running regarding the DASH websites.

Following the steps of our previous budget this will be a 1 time payment as further test and adjust the guidelines. However I feel this will also help us learn the demand our program will generate.If there are excess in the project, it will go into marketing of the program, otherwise it would be allocated for the next month of program.

Please advice on what could be change, or added. Regards.

Last edited:
Dash Global is a very good potential to expend Dash community across the world, so with the support of Dash Global to these communities will grow and again the Dash news website that are in 4 languages is a big support for these communities, so i think this work from you must continue and grow. and with the evolution Dash as a Social Crypto must have connected community to meet about Dash, weekly, to share idea, and stuff about Dash. So i encourage you all to come give your idea about this program.

Didnt want to saturate the post with all the images but I guess I could put it on a following post:
DLpdOIlXkAEmRaR.jpg

DLqFXWzX0AEnE9E.jpg

DLkQiN6VYAANfFL.jpg

DLkQZ8-UQAA5T_E.jpg

The meetups are the best way to make people understand what is and how to use DASH and create a bigger Dash comunnity around the world. @JZA is doing a great job creating an organic growth in DASH community, thanks to him I already done more than 6 DASHTECAS meetups with more than 150 new DASH wallet downloads and already have 3 new cities to begin the DASHTECAS meetups this month. I encourage you to vote for this proposal.

20170711_203511.jpg

IMG-20170819-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20170801-WA0004.jpg

How do you feel about soccer, @JZA?

It would cost relatively little for Dash to fund this team (with branded shirts, banners, balls and swag) to reach a large audience. Is this something that Dash Global might be interested in?

See here for more info: https://dash-africa.com/leopards/
See here for the start of a pre-proposal discussion: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-leopards-soccer.17287/

Thanks for your comment, the proposal have some precise targets, we want to replicate what we did here in Cancun and create a team of DASH enthusiasts meet up every week. With the goal of creating synergy for other projects like the soccer team. However our funding will only target that first stage, not advertising or sponsorships mainly because the results are different from what we want to measure.

Last edited:
The DASH Global Meetups proposal, is a great opportunity for DASH expansion all around the world. The Bitcuners have been distributing knowledge about DASH and many of our members are working on DASH-base-projects, if this has been made in Cancun, the new Global Meetups Proposal will help to the all small DASH groups to grow up!!

Bitcuner & DASHer
Dash: Xt98pt8qtnytUKkWwSAm3eE716wnaBc9og

Last edited:
this is an amazing proposal, because thanks to it you can reach more people and know more about the world of dash, i think this is an absolutly YES.

@JZA et all have already been funding meetups all around the world, and I think this is awesome. We can't have small projects each making a proposal for a couple of hundred bucks every month, we'd be swamped! The answer is to have groups like Dash Global and Dash Force, etc... take the reins and support the smaller groups, until those smaller groups get big enough to support yet smaller groups, and in this way we will have the infrastructure to support mass adoption when that comes!

Thanks JZA and crew for taking this on!

DASH Glogal has already funded 2 meetups for DASH Caracas, with 60 USD each...

1) Friday september 29th:
Here is the invitation.
Here is the facebook photo album.
Participation: 21 people.

2) October 6th:
Here is the invitation.
Here is the facebook photo album. (Soon, @Jahlexis Tafari Lugo )
Participation: 15 people.

We are thankful, and we will resume this activity 2 weeks from now if DASH Global agrees to continue funding us.

Meetups are essential for the community growth. My girlfriend and I got into cryptos thanks to the Bitcuners meetup, we had so many questions about the market and the technology. Gathering with other crypto-enthusiasts made it easy for us and now we are both members of the Dash Global team and active participants in the market. It would be great to see this proposal go through and let Dash Global become a hub for smaller independent projects. Dash is going Global.

The meetups are the best way to make people understand what is and how to use DASH and create a bigger Dash comunnity around the world. @JZA is doing a great job creating an organic growth in DASH community, thanks to him I already done more than 6 DASHTECAS meetups with more than 150 new DASH wallet downloads and already have 3 new cities to begin the DASHTECAS meetups this month. I encourage you to vote for this proposal.

View attachment 4950
View attachment 4951

View attachment 4953

Were these meetups funded by Dash Force or JZA or Both?

I ask because I don't want to be paying for meetups that have already been paid for.

*One meetup per month, per group, per region. If you want to do more than one meetup per month or have a large established meetup of 40-60+ people then please contact me about the larger meetup and presentation program listed below. If you are getting paid by another proposal please don't double dip and enter our meetup program too.

Very good meetup's made thanks to dash global, excellent initiative, I can see that the acceptance of dash is very great, I dream of living in a world where many of the payments/charges are made with dash digital cash...

excellent proposal, and more with the integration of different countries, you make the approach to Dash, is much greater, so that more people know, use and adopt.:)

Back