Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

DASH Global Meetups

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by JZA, Oct 11, 2017.

1. JZA

JZA Active Member

Dash Address:
    XmZ3aBBWJdYa6hUJkWbTvwHMwMscmHQFNH
    As I have mention throughout my updates from my previous proposal additionally to the multi-news site for DASH and DASH team of writers. We are also launching a new initiative called DASH Global Meetups where we will be funding meetups around the world.

We already launched a pilot program of this meetup which gained a lot of enthusiasm by DASHers across the planet. From Nigeria to South America to the Caribbean we experience a lot of die hard DASH fans with the energy to put DASH in the hand of many people including unbanked, disenfranchized and expats that could be benefited greatly by the chance of using cryptocurrency.

Here is an interview talking about the project during the DASH Conference:

The goal of DASH Global Meetups is to add structure to the meetups and also create teams of DASH enthusiasts that could propagate DASH to a higher amount of people.

At the moment we have been able to build these teams and meetups in the following countries:
    - Nigeria
    - Mexico
    - Ghana
    - Dominican Republic
    - Venezuela
    - Colombia
    - Haiti

We expect to have other countries jump into this opportunity as the word gets spread and we want to formally launch the program with a 1 month payout and a 120 DASH for this.

The budget will be devided the following way:
    - Groups need to be small but continous (prefferably weekly)
    - Implement the DASH for Drink program (reinburse the assistant consumption)
    - Print out DASH promotional material during the meetup
    - Publish the meeting publically and be able to take in people from the general population
    - Record clips from the meetups and pictures and upload them as proof
    - Create a website with the next events or use an open service like meetup.com

Motivate assistant to participate on the DASH community whenever is through this forum, slack or telegram. Build a core team that can handle bigger events.

Depending on the evolution of the community it would be able to access more funds, for an inttial team, the budget should be around 50-100 USD per meetup. For larger meetups it can accept up to 1 DASH. Even larger or joined meetups can access more depending on the experience and criteria followed.

Here are some of the pictures from the meetups already being taken place:
    https://steemit.com/dash/@jza/dash-global-meetups-around-the-world

We understand the high level of administration that involves funding these meetusps across the different timezones, and places. We will provide more detailed budget breakdowns on how the money is being used. We plan to merge this budget in the future with the other budget that is currently running regarding the DASH websites.

Following the steps of our previous budget this will be a 1 time payment as further test and adjust the guidelines. However I feel this will also help us learn the demand our program will generate.If there are excess in the project, it will go into marketing of the program, otherwise it would be allocated for the next month of program.

Please advice on what could be change, or added. Regards.

#1 JZA, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. carlomile2

carlomile2 New Member

Dash Global is a very good potential to expend Dash community across the world, so with the support of Dash Global to these communities will grow and again the Dash news website that are in 4 languages is a big support for these communities, so i think this work from you must continue and grow. and with the evolution Dash as a Social Crypto must have connected community to meet about Dash, weekly, to share idea, and stuff about Dash. So i encourage you all to come give your idea about this program.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JZA

JZA Active Member

Dash Address:
    Didnt want to saturate the post with all the images but I guess I could put it on a following post:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Coachdigi

Coachdigi Member

Dash Address:
    Xq5Pk9AeeLjmZsMGtbnMesSbA1wYqJTP3p
    The meetups are the best way to make people understand what is and how to use DASH and create a bigger Dash comunnity around the world. @JZA is doing a great job creating an organic growth in DASH community, thanks to him I already done more than 6 DASHTECAS meetups with more than 150 new DASH wallet downloads and already have 3 new cities to begin the DASHTECAS meetups this month. I encourage you to vote for this proposal.

20170711_203511.jpg
    IMG-20170819-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20170801-WA0004.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DashingDude

DashingDude Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. AlessandroB

AlessandroB New Member

Good idea, we are creating little community in Italy to, will be great to meet with friends have a coffee, exchange hours experiences and pay it with dash.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JZA

JZA Active Member

Dash Address:
    Thanks for your comment, the proposal have some precise targets, we want to replicate what we did here in Cancun and create a team of DASH enthusiasts meet up every week. With the goal of creating synergy for other projects like the soccer team. However our funding will only target that first stage, not advertising or sponsorships mainly because the results are different from what we want to measure.

#7 JZA, Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Dotunwilfred

Dotunwilfred New Member

Nice initiative from jza, it would go a long way to promote the community globally

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mahamadu Salam

Mahamadu Salam New Member

Dash Address:
    Xhy8VkMDGT8LBjrbzSkSXADY61Ej62zrA3
    Great @JZA. Dash global has started the work already and I bear witness its impact in Ghana. Your budget is considerate and I will vote Yes if I can. Lol will do that when I am richer. For now, I hope all MNs give it a YES vote when it is finally ready.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Zetty

Zetty New Member

Dash Address:
    Xxs7QzkKurEzpWjrzzmCf22qMkKjtmnrKo
    The DASH Global Meetups proposal, is a great opportunity for DASH expansion all around the world. The Bitcuners have been distributing knowledge about DASH and many of our members are working on DASH-base-projects, if this has been made in Cancun, the new Global Meetups Proposal will help to the all small DASH groups to grow up!!

Bitcuner & DASHer
    Dash: Xt98pt8qtnytUKkWwSAm3eE716wnaBc9og

#10 Zetty, Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jose Viera

Jose Viera New Member

this is an amazing proposal, because thanks to it you can reach more people and know more about the world of dash, i think this is an absolutly YES.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mariluna

mariluna New Member

I am part of the group of bitcurnes, and witness of everything that is done to give the best promotion to Dash, the currency that everyone is very enthusiastic about their advances and speed in transactions. support Dash Global with a yes, so that more people get involved in this great community.

• Like Like x 3
  13. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Linguistic Dash Core Team Foundation Member

@JZA et all have already been funding meetups all around the world, and I think this is awesome. We can't have small projects each making a proposal for a couple of hundred bucks every month, we'd be swamped! The answer is to have groups like Dash Global and Dash Force, etc... take the reins and support the smaller groups, until those smaller groups get big enough to support yet smaller groups, and in this way we will have the infrastructure to support mass adoption when that comes!

Thanks JZA and crew for taking this on!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. DashingDude

DashingDude Member

Maybe add Dash Africa to your lists guys :) We've been quite active

• Like Like x 1
  15. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator

16. algodon.franelas

DASH Glogal has already funded 2 meetups for DASH Caracas, with 60 USD each...

1) Friday september 29th:
    Here is the invitation.
    Here is the facebook photo album.
    Participation: 21 people.

2) October 6th:
    Here is the invitation.
    Here is the facebook photo album. (Soon, @Jahlexis Tafari Lugo )
    Participation: 15 people.

We are thankful, and we will resume this activity 2 weeks from now if DASH Global agrees to continue funding us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. fl0at1ng_p01nt

fl0at1ng_p01nt New Member

Meetups are essential for the community growth. My girlfriend and I got into cryptos thanks to the Bitcuners meetup, we had so many questions about the market and the technology. Gathering with other crypto-enthusiasts made it easy for us and now we are both members of the Dash Global team and active participants in the market. It would be great to see this proposal go through and let Dash Global become a hub for smaller independent projects. Dash is going Global.

18. mastermined

mastermined Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Were these meetups funded by Dash Force or JZA or Both?

I ask because I don't want to be paying for meetups that have already been paid for.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Leogriz

Leogriz New Member

Very good meetup's made thanks to dash global, excellent initiative, I can see that the acceptance of dash is very great, I dream of living in a world where many of the payments/charges are made with dash digital cash...

20. pepemartinez

pepemartinez New Member

excellent proposal, and more with the integration of different countries, you make the approach to Dash, is much greater, so that more people know, use and adopt.:)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Coachdigi

Coachdigi Member

Dash Address:
    Xq5Pk9AeeLjmZsMGtbnMesSbA1wYqJTP3p
    The Meetups where funded by me. @JZA encouraged me to do the Meetups contests from Dash Force and help me understand what Is and how to use Dash. I've been using the prices of the contests for the Meetups. @JZA helped me with his knowledge of Dash

• Like Like x 1
  22. mastermined

mastermined Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

That's a lot of money for meetups!
    Where is all that money going to go?
    Please provide an itemized breakdown.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  23. aevfmsc20

aevfmsc20 New Member

DASH Global has an excellent proposal and initiative. All my support from Venezuela.
    Here the photos of the first meetup that took place on October 7, sponsored by DASH Global in San Antonio de los Altos, Venezuela

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Oluwajuwon Micheal

Oluwajuwon Micheal New Member

This is a great initiative by JZA and i will also advice the MN holders to vote YES for this project cus dash global have sponsored my own meetup in Nigeria which have more than 35 attendees and it was very easy for me to connect with DG and get the fund to run the meetup am so glad for this proposal and am happy for the job JZA and DG are doing for small groups in Africa. Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! thi1s are the pictures below we had five developers and we planning on better things ahead of us.

Attached Files:

#24 Oluwajuwon Micheal, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  25. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator

Yah, good question. If we are going to have several funding outlets, there has to be a way to designate who is doing what. Agreed. How can that be done? Who does Dash Force fund, and how do they decide whom they're going to fund? This can get messy :/ I'm also interested in seeing everyone start to keep track of who they fund and make reports to MNOs. But I know we're still in toddler stages, and that can get complex. Still Dash Core has been setting a good example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. JZA

JZA Active Member

Dash Address:
    Is not easy to estimate how many people will jump in the meetups once this is funded so our estimate given the price action is that we set a bar around 30-50. Since just with limited funds we were able to get around 15 meetups up and running, So 50 meetups in 4 weeks is not surprising. Also the price of dash has been on a downtrend since the Conference so we are assuming it will stick around 300 for the rest of the month. If we see it go back to 400 before Sunday we would surely reevaluate, but at this point 280 DASH is enough to make a difference form the ATH.

However like I mentioned originally on the proposal we will be investing in marketing of the program, we already have a website and social media, and will be implementing some material to make it easy to run and fund the meetups on an automated manner. We also considering hiring an accounting firm for all things related to DASH Global (Meetup, Podcast, News sites) etc. All that requires some infrastructure budget that is being accounted.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Islam

Islam New Member

Dash Address:
    XgbVqYi3b3aLLBRC1TpGudptCnaW1FoSJj
    Приветствую! Я могу заняться продвижением в России на территории Санкт Петербург активно вовлекать людей в Dash
    Отчёты мероприятий будут!
    Готов к сотрудничеству!
    Предлагайте идеи!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  28. CaptAhab

CaptAhab Member

Dash Address:
    XwUeFiUQz1qLurzcpzKBDUTPvj1Tzx3FYs
    Sorry @Islam, but can you post in English?

29. Islam

Islam New Member

Dash Address:
    XgbVqYi3b3aLLBRC1TpGudptCnaW1FoSJj
    I'm from Russia St. Petersburg, good ideas can be realized here

• Informative Informative x 1
  30. corrorro

corrorro New Member

An excellent project! Dash community is gonna be great! With this kind of project, more and more people will know about Dash and it will benefit all of us.