• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Evolution Discussion Thread

TanteStefana - did you get an answer on the sending money with aliases you posted in bitcointalk? Here is some info from page 26, finally got there....

When sending money to known aliases on the network, the payments are completely
public and transparent. At all other times on the network, addresses are provided to all
parties in a transaction via encrypted private messaging. Even public transactions are
anonymized in the second phase of blockchain archival, so the transactional mapping
would need to be stored permanently and sniffed off the network at the time the
transaction was sent and off the specific shards involved.

All that means is the people that run Masternodes (you and me) are administering our network, i.e., network administers. On the new Dash network, we have some majority quorum powers, for example if a user attacks the network we can ban them. It will work like a budget proposal, except it will require a large percent of the network to execute the same command and after it is successful result in the network executing a command securely.

I'm traveling back to Phoenix today though, so I might be pretty slow to answer questions on here.

If possible can you go into more detail with this one, i'm trying to give an answer to someone who asked the following :

what is banning? IP-ban? what is attacking dash? maybe ban DarkLover because your community doesnt like the posting?

i just want to know what banning means.

If i am banned:

- am i able to send funds?
- am i able to run a node?
- am i able to run a masternode?

First i thought it would only effect masternodes and miners, but it mentions users as well ... users as in end-users ?

I think people may have sensed "centralization" inappropriately from the early descriptions. For example, the phrase "which is recorded in their file" may invoke images of bad bosses making mischief with personnel files. I imagine it will all seem much more benign as definitions are fleshed out, but that process has to happen. So, for starters:

1. How will "recorded in their file" actually work?

2. Is every MN owner a network administrator (by definition) or are the network administrators an "elite" subgroup of MN owners? (I assume the former, but seek clarification).

3. What precautions, if any, will prevent "tyranny of the majority" witchhunt-type administrative vote outcomes?

1. There's a decentralized file-system implementation called DashDrive, which stores "files" on the network. As a developer you can interact with the filesystem like it was local, but it's not, you just open these abstract files that are stored on the network itself. That's how we're going to sync the masternode system, budget systems, etc.

2. Every MN owner is the Admin, unless you hired it out, then node40 is (or whoever you hired to run the hotnode)

3. You mean to protect the privacy of those voting? I'm thinking about a solution for that, but I'm not set on one yet.

3. You mean to protect the privacy of those voting? I'm thinking about a solution for that, but I'm not set on one yet.

Quick thought on that, I'd wondered about it in the past and thought non-identifiable voting tokens transferred to yes/no/abstain pools would work but that's a once only vote, no changing votes later. Not sure if that's even relevant as I've not looked into how votes are handled yet, just throwing in 2d.

Back