• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum - v0.2.4.1 - support

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
New developments turned
'Support'
into
Dash Electrum Update:

Release Candidate 1 Communication
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=DAS&title=Release Candidate 1 Communication

We had a communication glitch with the Electrum version released yesterday ! It was actually a first Release Candidate (still under construction) and not a final version.

The development is still in progress and we need to identify issues in the current RC version. Feel free to help our testing team in the RC testing process and report your findings in the following thread: https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-electrum-v0-2-4-1-support.6498/ or directly in the github repository: Https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/issues.
A new build is available for you to test, links below.

Some information you should be aware of during the testing:

• This is not a debug-console release (console windows should not appear as app is run).
  • Auto-connecting is now enabled by default.
  • Fees that are above standard should display a dialog, which allows to cancel transaction. To display fees at all times, manual fee setting can be enabled (in settings dialog).
  • To address non-selectable text in QT dialog, here is a Settings option to show transactions before broadcasting. That will display the TxID and other relevant info in a selectable/copyable manner.
  • DRK servers cannot be renamed by other than their operators. Additions are, of course, simple.
  • Unverified transactions should show correctly after client has received.
  • Icons were not available for this build but will be present in the next build.
  • Readme files for installers will be present in the next build as well.
  • There is a known issue with pyinstaller creating binaries for OSX that may fail on machines that are configured similar to our build host, with macports installed.
    • OSX attempts to load 2 copies of QT dylibs, causing a segfault.
    • workaround is to temporarily make macports unavailable in OSX's dylib search path by moving it. This, in most cases, requires sudo permissions. (macports can be moved back into place immediately after Electrum-Dash is fully running - only startup is affected).
    • We are working this week to change the build system to use Homebrew instead of macports - This will have the added benefit of allowing our build system to execute on Travis-CI infrastructure, providing build automation.

Source Code
https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/

OSX Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.maza.club/Electrum-DASH-Installer_2.4.1_beta1.pkg

Linux Command Line Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...m-DASH-2.4.1_beta1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin (requires sudo for system install, without for user directory install - chmod +x and run. Self extracting tarball/installer script, cat to view script.

Windows Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.maza.club/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_beta1-Windows-setup.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
OSX 10.9.5 Issue

Creating New, Standard Wallet.
Cannot get past retype seed screen.

Cursor doesnt type on the retype seed screen to confirm seed..
Right clicking on the first seed screen or following retype seed screen causes a crash.

Seems to happen on other types of New Wallet options as well.

Hashes don't match. TO be specific. Hash matches SHA1 instead of SHA256 as it is stated on the pages with hashes.

I only checked windows version

When you minimalise the window and puting the address to send then the button SEND does not fuction.

1AvBjiB.jpg

MAIN MENU --> HELP --> OFFICIAL WEBSITE & DOCUMENTATION
Does not work

We had a communication glitch with the Electrum version released yesterday ! It was actually a first Release Candidate (still under construction) and not a final version.

The development is still in progress and we need to identify issues in the current RC version. Feel free to help our testing team in the RC testing process and report your findings in this thread or directly in the github repository: Https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/issues.
A new build is available for you to test, links below.

Some information you should be aware of during the testing:

• This is not a debug-console release (console windows should not appear as app is run).
  • Auto-connecting is now enabled by default.
  • Fees that are above standard should display a dialog, which allows to cancel transaction. To display fees at all times, manual fee setting can be enabled (in settings dialog).
  • To address non-selectable text in QT dialog, here is a Settings option to show transactions before broadcasting. That will display the TxID and other relevant info in a selectable/copyable manner.
  • DRK servers cannot be renamed by other than their operators. Additions are, of course, simple.
  • Unverified transactions should show correctly after client has received.
  • Icons were not available for this build but will be present in the next build.
  • Readme files for installers will be present in the next build as well.
  • There is a known issue with pyinstaller creating binaries for OSX that may fail on machines that are configured similar to our build host, with macports installed.
    • OSX attempts to load 2 copies of QT dylibs, causing a segfault.
    • workaround is to temporarily make macports unavailable in OSX's dylib search path by moving it. This, in most cases, requires sudo permissions. (macports can be moved back into place immediately after Electrum-Dash is fully running - only startup is affected).
    • We are working this week to change the build system to use Homebrew instead of macports - This will have the added benefit of allowing our build system to execute on Travis-CI infrastructure, providing build automation.

Source Code
https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/

OSX Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.maza.club/Electrum-DASH-Installer_2.4.1_beta1.pkg

Linux Command Line Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...m-DASH-2.4.1_beta1_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin (requires sudo for system install, without for user directory install - chmod +x and run. Self extracting tarball/installer script, cat to view script.

Windows Installer
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/downloads.maza.club/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1_beta1-Windows-setup.exe

I'm a bit concerned that Evan signed the download -- did he build it too, or did someone else?

Code:
$ gpg --verify Electrum-DASH-Installer_2.4.1_beta1.pkg.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in `Electrum-DASH-Installer_2.4.1_beta1.pkg'
gpg: Signature made Tue Oct 27 22:39:29 2015 CDT
gpg:                using RSA key 0xBABFF6FC986FF288
gpg: Good signature from "Evan Duffield <[email protected]>" [unknown]
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: C226 7E44 74EA 2EE9 D739  4900 BABF F6FC 986F F288

Isn't the point for the developer who built the binaries to be the one that signs them? If Evan built the binaries, then ok, my apologies, and carry on.

But if kot is building, it doesn't make sense that Evan signs these. I hate to be "that guy", but... these "little details" are how holes start showing in things... people just throw caution to the wind. WRT crypto/fintech software, I don't think that's something that should be taken lightly.

I'm a bit concerned that Evan signed the download -- did he build it too, or did someone else?

Code:

Isn't the point for the developer who built the binaries to be the one that signs them? If Evan built the binaries, then ok, my apologies, and carry on.

But if kot is building, it doesn't make sense that Evan signs these. I hate to be "that guy", but... these "little details" are how holes start showing in things... people just throw caution to the wind. WRT crypto/fintech software, I don't think that's something that should be taken lightly.

i totally hear you and agree
nobody is talking this lightly

we have to wait for evan and kot to comment
i am as surprised as you

Code:

We're still getting situated with working with multiple development teams, but you're totally right, they should be signing these. This was just a pre-release, I'll ask him to sign the binaries for the next one.

I can confirm Trezor DOES NOT work with this release.

After installation is asks you to:

If you plan to use a Trezor hardware wallet
copy /home/pablo/electrum-dash/90-trezor.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d

The file does not exist (90-Trezor.rules).

Also, I've been mucking around with it and it looks a lot lie the Encompass wallet. Does this Electrum version support Masternodes?

Pablo.

Edit: Added the file from elsewhere, copied/pasted; still does not work; "get object failure".

After import the privcykey.The history of sended and received is not matching.The balance of address is not zero but showed zero. (Windows 2000 system)
Tx only 10 times is far less than actual.

Is there some additional documentation for running dash electrum servers?

newbie here. downloaded and installed dash electrum wallet on osx 10.7.5.
it appears in launchpad but it just will not open.
any suggestions?

newbie here. downloaded and installed dash electrum wallet on osx 10.7.5.
it appears in launchpad but it just will not open.
any suggestions?

Could be your security settings. Have you checked Settings => Security & Privacy?

Back