• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Electrum - v0.2.4.1 - support

kot
can you please get the appropriate Dev's in here
otherwise there is no point in having this threat

Tx

I'm confused; if Mazaclub built this (since the link is to their github), why are we not just using the wallet they already released which supports Dash and just add support for masternodes and instantX instead of building this new version? I tried this wallet yesterday and it's behind even the Mazaclub current release.

Will either version eventually support Masternodes with Trezor?

Thanks,
Pablo.

I'm confused; if Mazaclub built this (since the link is to their github), why are we not just using the wallet they already released which supports Dash and just add support for masternodes and instantX instead of building this new version? I tried this wallet yesterday and it's behind even the Mazaclub current release.

Will either version eventually support Masternodes with Trezor?

Thanks,
Pablo.

Are you thinking about their Encompass wallet?

Are you thinking about their Encompass wallet?

I am saying the link that was provided to the "Dash Electrum" wallet on this thread is inferior to the "Encompass" wallet. If both were built by Mazaclub this doesn't make sense. Why not just add support for masternodes and IX on Encompass (which already supports Dash) instead of building a new version (posted on this thread)?

Pablo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saying the link that was provided to the "Dash Electrum" wallet on this thread is inferior to the "Encompass" wallet. If both were built by Mazaclub this doesn't make sense. Why not just add support for masternodes and IX on Encompass (which already supports Dash) instead of building a new version (posted on this thread)?

Pablo.

Hmm yes good point, i hadn't used it I didn't realize Encompass wallet was electrum supported, i thought it was just a combined coin QT wallet. There must be a reason evan wanted solo DASH electrum wallet?

Hmm yes good point, i hadn't used it I didn't realize Encompass wallet was electrum supported, i thought it was just a combined coin QT wallet. There must be a reason evan wanted solo DASH electrum wallet?

Encompass is an Electrum fork. It's pretty awesome, supports Trezor, etc.

I'm curious as to the reason as well but it's been several days and nobody has gotten back to me on that.

Pablo.

Guys,
I have invited devs from Mazaclub to this thread (I hope they will join the discussion soon).
I would advise to use this thread to list the bugs you have identified rather than additional functionalities you want to see there. Let's make it working well first and then we could think about additional requirements.

fible1 - this is good that you are rising these questions but please remember we have limited capacity and cannot do everything what you can imagine.
You are more than welcomed if you want to join the project team and build additional functionalities to this wallet or integrate it with existing Encompass/Electrum or help to implement other functionalities or... :). I will be happy to support you with this.

Guys,
I have invited devs from Mazaclub to this thread (I hope they will join the discussion soon).
I would advise to use this thread to list the bugs you have identified rather than additional functionalities you want to see there. Let's make it working well first and then we could think about additional requirements.

fible1 - this is good that you are rising these questions but please remember we have limited capacity and cannot do everything what you can imagine.
You are more than welcomed if you want to join the project team and build additional functionalities to this wallet or integrate it with existing Encompass/Electrum or help to implement other functionalities or... :). I will be happy to support you with this.

kot - I am not sure you understood my question; I am not asking for additional features. I was asking why we would hire Mazaclub to build a "Dash-Electrum" wallet when their "Encompass" wallet (which is an Electrum fork) already supports Dash; further, the "Dash-Electrum" wallet we paid for is a clone of their "Encompass" wallet but with less functionality.

Seems like a legitimate question no?

:)

Pablo.

Hey, I'm from mazaclub. Lots of info here so far; good to see. :D

About Encompass / Electrum-DASH: Encompass is indeed a multi-coin electrum client. I assume that the purpose of Electrum-DASH is to enable more heavy customizations that require major changes to the codebase.

I'll look into the issues you all have brought up. Thanks!

Hey, I'm from mazaclub. Lots of info here so far; good to see. :D

About Encompass / Electrum-DASH: Encompass is indeed a multi-coin electrum client. I assume that the purpose of Electrum-DASH is to enable more heavy customizations that require major changes to the codebase.

I'll look into the issues you all have brought up. Thanks!

Hey kefkius :),
That makes sense, I thought it was something along those lines but I thought it better to ask :).

JFYI : On the :"Dash-Electrum" release Trezor isn't working.

Are their any plans to add masternode support to the wallet?

Thanks,
Pablo.

Hey Kefkius :),
That makes sense, I thought it was something along those lines but I thought it better to ask :).

JFYI : On the :"Dash-Electrum" release Trezor isn't working.

Are their any plans to add masternode support to the wallet?

Thanks,
Pablo.

I saw that, and I just tried creating a new trezor wallet (using official Trezor firmware v1.3.3) and I've verified that sending and receiving DASH works.

I can confirm Trezor DOES NOT work with this release.

After installation is asks you to:

If you plan to use a Trezor hardware wallet
copy /home/pablo/electrum-dash/90-trezor.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d

The file does not exist (90-Trezor.rules).

Also, I've been mucking around with it and it looks a lot lie the Encompass wallet. Does this Electrum version support Masternodes?

Pablo.

Edit: Added the file from elsewhere, copied/pasted; still does not work; "get object failure".

I'm not sure where you're getting this about '90-Trezor.rules' ? Can you specify where it tells you to do this after installation?

I saw that, and I just tried creating a new trezor wallet (using official Trezor firmware v1.3.3) and I've verified that sending and receiving DASH works.

I'm not sure where you're getting this about '90-Trezor.rules' ? Can you specify where it tells you to do this after installation?

Let me try again with a fresh install, I'll let you know shortly.

Pablo.

kefkius

BTW: Are there plans to add masternode support to the wallet with Trezor support? If not, would you be interested in undertaking this as a bounty project?

Feel free to PM me to discuss.

Pabllo.

Electrum-DASH-2.4.1 installation successful
To start electrum-dash run /home/pablo/electrum-dash/electrum-dash
Your wallets will be in /home/pablo/.electrum-dash/wallets

Scroll up to read README nots for Electrum-DASH-2.4.1 on Linux
You might wish to add /home/pablo/electrum-dash to your PATH
cat: /tmp/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1/README-Linux-x86_64.md: No such file or directory
Electrum-DASH-2.4.1 is installed to /home/pablo - start script in /home/pablo/electrum-dash
Remember to save your seeds in a safe place!!
Finished

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:18240): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so) initialization check failed: GLib version too old (micro mismatch)

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:18240): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'ibus' failed

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:18240): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so) initialization check failed: GLib version too old (micro mismatch)

(electrum-dash-x86_64.bin:18240): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'ibus' failed

Error: cannot initialize plugin trezor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/_MEIsWFIk2/gui/qt/main_window.py", line 368, in new_wallet
wallet = wizard.run(action, wallet_type)
File "/tmp/_MEIsWFIk2/gui/qt/installwizard.py", line 447, in run
action = wallet.get_action()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_action'
File "<string>", line 412, in <module>
File "<string>", line 129, in run_gui
File "/tmp/_MEIsWFIk2/gui/qt/__init__.py", line 250, in main
w.close_wallet()
File "/tmp/_MEIsWFIk2/gui/qt/main_window.py", line 217, in close_wallet
self.wallet.stop_threads()
File "/tmp/_MEIsWFIk2/lib/wallet.py", line 1108, in stop_threads
self.network.jobs.remove(self.synchronizer.main_loop)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'main_loop'
pablo@System76:~/electrum-dash$

Please be aware I also have Encompass installed and it works fine. I am running Trezor 1.3.4

Pablo.

kefkius

BTW: Are there plans to add masternode support to the wallet with Trezor support? If not, would you be interested in undertaking this as a bounty project?

Pabllo.

Yeah, but there are some obstacles to masternode support. We still haven't worked out the specifics of how that would work (e.g. how the client can get reliable information on masternodes) though.

Electrum-DASH-2.4.1 is installed to /home/pablo - start script in /home/pablo/electrum-dash
Finished

w.close_wallet()

Please be aware I also have Encompass installed and it works fine. I am running Trezor 1.3.4

Pablo.

Oh, you're using the Linux installer. I just do setup.py on the git repo. I'll have to look into that then.

Yeah, but there are some obstacles to masternode support. We still haven't worked out the specifics of how that would work (e.g. how the client can get reliable information on masternodes) though.

Oh, you're using the Linux installer. I just do setup.py on the git repo. I'll have to look into that then.

Sounds good, let me know if you need any logs from me or anything for debugging.

Understood on masternodes, but please let me know also if we can support the masternode thing in anyway, I know a few people who are quite interested.

Best,
Pablo.

kefkius

Pabllo.
Yes that would be great to have the masternodes secured on trezor and be able to start them localy.
IMO each masternode owner, me included, would consider buying the hardware to secure in maximum his investment.

Thnx kefkius for your input here.

New developments turned
'Support'
into
Dash Electrum Update:
Since this was prematurely posted, we will now post the correct Release Candidate here
At this time, Since Mazaclub has no access to either the Dashpay Github Repo, nor the DashPay.io website,
release /candidate/ is posted to github.

(new, can't post links)
github /mazaclub/electrum-dash/releases/tag/v2.4.1rc1

Please note, this is a large fileset. A full release is intended to be posted to official website, with links and files sorted correctly, to encourage the user to check sums and PGP signatures.

If you have trouble running Electrum-DASH-2.4.1rc1 from binary release, you can attempt to navigate to the location of the binary:
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electrum-DASH\electrum-dash.exe
Linux (installer, with sudo) /opt/electrum-dash/electrum-dash-x86_64.bin
OSX /Applications/Electrum-DASH.app/Contents/MacOS/electrum-dash_osx.bin

Using a " -v " option when starting the binary may produce additional console output.

Please report bugs and errors to github, rather than this thread. github /mazaclub/electrum-dash/issues
When reporting, please make note of which version you are using (source, binary), and what operating system you are using. If you are a Mac user, please let us know if you have Homebrew or Macports installed if you're running from source.

We are attempting to coordinate with Evan & Robert to get this repo transferred to the official Dashpay library on github so that a final production release can be built. Provided this is done, all issues reported will remain with the project.

Finished

w.close_wallet()

Pablo.

Pablo,

It's not immediately clear why your trezor is working in Encompass and not in Electrum-DASH, though this suggests
Please open an issue on github, and let us know details of your OS, and desktop versions (i.e. GNOME).

Binaries for Linux are created with ubuntu 15.04 based docker containers. We test in Ubuntu, Mint, Gentoo and others, but I'm not sure if we've tested in all common versions of Ubuntu (14.04, 14.10 etc)

The udev rules are the same as those provided in Encompass.
# This is a sample udev file for HIDAPI devices which changes the permissions
# to 0666 (world readable/writable) for a specified device on Linux systems.

Pablo,

It's not immediately clear why your trezor is working in Encompass and not in Electrum-DASH, though this suggests

Please open an issue on github, and let us know details of your OS, and desktop versions (i.e. GNOME).

Binaries for Linux are created with ubuntu 15.04 based docker containers. We test in Ubuntu, Mint, Gentoo and others, but I'm not sure if we've tested in all common versions of Ubuntu (14.04, 14.10 etc)

The udev rules are the same as those provided in Encompass.
# This is a sample udev file for HIDAPI devices which changes the permissions
# to 0666 (world readable/writable) for a specified device on Linux systems.

Hey :),
Thanks, I will download the latest release and see if it still doesn't work, if it doesn't Ill submit a pull request with the info you requested to github.

Thanks mate,
Pablo.

Back