• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Ecosystem Overview graphic update May 11, 2022

dkoedijk

Hey everyone.

After community feedback we've updated the Dash Ecosystem Overview graphic.

Furthermore, I've also created a Twitter Moments. It's a collection that includes close-ups of the categories but also Twitter Threads with detailed descriptions of all the items. Feel free to use this link https://twitter.com/i/events/1525024764980768768?s=20 in Tweets related to marketing, advertising Dash, or simply to explain someone what Dash is all about.

Notes:
  • Please link to, share or Tweet, the Twitter Moments link (see above) and not the, in the collection included, Threads or Tweets themselves. (Twitter Moments can be updated, Twitter Threads can not). This allows us to keep making future updates to the collection.
  • Alternatively you can share the Moments by retweeting that Tweet (like I did here: )
  • Twitter account @Informationdash functions as a sandbox account to prepare Tweets, Threads and to update Moments. To avoid cluttering your Twitter Feed, please don't follow that account.
Links to the full resolution graphics (with descriptions included):

Attachments

• Preview May 11 2022.jpg
    Preview May 11 2022.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 123
Who commanded you to remove mnowatch.org from the dash ecosystem overview?
It used to appear in the dash ecosystem overview, you personally have put it on it, but now it is gone.
Was it you that decided to remove it, or someone commanded you?

Last edited:
Hey @vazaki3 ,

That's correct. I removed it from the DFO category as you requested here:

As far as I know ( and @xkcd knows too), https://mnowatch.org is NOT a funded project. Please remove ( https://mnowatch.org ) from the bubble that lists the funded projects. Make a separate bubble/list of self-funded projects, and put mnowatch.org and some other projects too (ex. DashCentral.org ) there.

Sadly, it turned out that simply adding another "bubble" to the graphic (as you also requested) at this stage meant having to completely reorganize the graphic. In a future big update I will add the self-funded projects category and include mnowatch.org, DashCentral, and also my own non-profit contribution to the network (The Free Dashketeers Discord server that I've planned to setup and manage).

I'm sorry for this, but not only was making the ecosystem graphic a lot of work but having to update it several times (after showing the community a draft and later a release candidate) was just as much work. We've only received minimal rewards and most of the (unpaid) work came from our desire to help the network.

There are many unsung hero's in the Dash Ecosystem and they indeed, have earned the right for their (continuous) efforts to be known and even celebrated.

Doeke

Sadly, it turned out that simply adding another "bubble" to the graphic (as you also requested) at this stage meant having to completely reorganize the graphic. In a future big update I will add the self-funded projects category and include mnowatch.org, DashCentral, and also my own non-profit contribution to the network (The Free Dashketeers Discord server that I've planned to setup and manage).

There are self funded projects that require code to work (mnowatch, dashcentral), and self-funded projects that are discord forums (DashDiscord, DashLegion, DashVote <-- this is mine) or reddit forums (dashpay, DashUncensored) .
You have to distinguish them, they are not the same.
Those who write code should be in a separate bubble, because writting code is much more difficult than just creating a reddit or discord forum.

Last edited:
By the way, I suspect that the governament's agents that still control the Dash community put your "ecosystem overview graph" in the front page of dash.org, BECAUSE dashcentral and mnowatch were removed from the graph.

Do an experiment, try to put dashcentral and mnowatch in your graph, and observe whether the ecosystem overview graph will disappear from the front page of dash.org, or not.

Last edited:
By the way, I suspect that the governament's agents that still control the Dash community put your "ecosystem overview graph" in the front page of dash.org, BECAUSE dashcentral and mnowatch were removed from the graph.

Do an experiment, try to put dashcentral and mnowatch in your graph, and observe whether the ecosystem overview graph will disappear from the front page of dash.org, or not.

Hi demo, it was my decision to put the ecosystem graphic overview on the front page. My decision to put it there had nothing at all to do with the presence or absence of any particular DFO or self-funded projects, in fact I was completely unaware of mnowatch being moved around because I just did not look that closely. As such I can commit to keeping the infographic there even if/when mnowatch appears in the correct bubble. I encourage you to think rationally and look for the simplest possible solution (Occam's Razor) rather than assuming malicious intent and seeing conspiracies everywhere.

I encourage you to think rationally and look for the simplest possible solution (Occam's Razor) rather than assuming malicious intent and seeing conspiracies everywhere.
There are innumerable possible malicious intentions and uncountable possible conspiracies.
But of course the vast majority of them are not real, they are virtual and reside into our misleaded minds.
Assuming good intentions in a devastating environment requires optimism, but I am pessimist so I am often misleaded.
Not to mention that I am rather Pataphysisian, so imaginary solutions are part of my personal reality.

"Pataphysics examines the laws governing the exceptions, and explains the universe supplementary to this one."

Last edited:
"Pataphysics examines the laws governing the exceptions, and explains the universe supplementary to this one."
A patte à physique ("physics paw"), a pas ta physique ("not your physics"), and pâte à physique ("physics paste") consipacy theory still applies here as long as:

1. @dkoedijk does not create a new bubble in his graph that will include the non funded by the dash budget system initiatives ( mnowatch, dashcentral, DashLegionDiscord, DashVoteDiscord etc.) that all of them are parts of the real soul of the dash community.
  2. @strophy does not update the current graph of the dash.org frontpage with the new one.
pantrag_orig.jpeg

Last edited:
Back