• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Doesn't Need to Reinvent the Wheel with Advertising - Online Search Beats it All

@dashdisciple backtrack as much as you like, I'm not entertaining your aspirations to shaft our users privacy.

Benefit I see is that the bang for our buck is quantifiable and the campaign can be refined / ramped up as seen fit. No reason to be rigid about anything.

Re privacy - where users (or potential users) of Dash are highly concerned with privacy (totally valid POV IMO) - then they're probably not the kind of person who's plugged in to the google / facebook or whatever else ecosystem in the first place - correct? And presumably they will be largely un-targeted by this campaign. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

What's the plan for the landing point?

Benefit I see is that the bang for our buck is quantifiable and the campaign can be refined / ramped up as seen fit. No reason to be rigid about anything.

Re privacy - where users (or potential users) of Dash are highly concerned with privacy (totally valid POV IMO) - then they're probably not the kind of person who's plugged in to the google / facebook or whatever else ecosystem in the first place - correct? And presumably they will be largely un-targeted by this campaign. Correct me if I'm wrong ...

What's the plan for the landing point?
That is pretty much correct about privacy. Users who don't want Google to track them can opt out using ad-blockers and browser privacy settings. They won't use gmail or other Google services and our Adwords campaign likely will not target them. So there is "choice". Additionally, Dash will not be abusing their data. Google "rents" their data for targeting purposes. We don't receive the data, aside from the fact that we learn what features of Dash people favor most, the types of things that are engaging to this audience, and the types of things that are not important to them. (Basic indicators such as CTR and bounce rate will tell us a lot.)

Since this discussion began, I've been fortunate to have some great conversations regarding landing page options. @Mark Mason and I had a long phone conversation regarding various options, and both agreed that better content can be produced. For this campaign, there will be no single landing page used for all ads. We'll use and test various landing URLs based on the keywords searched for.

As a very rough example, for keywords such as "how to pay with dash" "where to spend dash", "who accepts dash", we may drive users to a URL such as: https://www.dash.org/merchants/
For searches such as, "buy dash", "buy dash online", "dash usd exchange" "how can I buy crypto", we may drive users to a URL such as: https://www.dash.org/get-dash/
For searches such as "what is dash", "how does dash work", "why do people use dash", we may drive users to a URL such as: https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-school/

There is much room for improvement when it comes to landing pages, and we are working on a plan that should spur development in this area, hopefully getting the support from various parties within Dash.

Overall, I can update this thread by saying that we are making very good progress on this plan. Some extremely talented and trusted members of the community have gotten into contact with me, we are filling in some small blanks, and should be ready to bring the community a solid proposal by the end of next week or so.

That is pretty much correct about privacy. Users who don't want Google to track them can opt out using ad-blockers and browser privacy settings. They won't use gmail or other Google services and our Adwords campaign likely will not target them. So there is "choice". Additionally, Dash will not be abusing their data. Google "rents" their data for targeting purposes. We don't receive the data, aside from the fact that we learn what features of Dash people favor most, the types of things that are engaging to this audience, and the types of things that are not important to them. (Basic indicators such as CTR and bounce rate will tell us a lot.)

Your argument makes the assumption that your average user understands the full extend of how they are being abused... they don't. Companies such as google, collect data from users on a site-by-site basis. They aggregate the data such that the whole is bigger than the sum of parts. By giving away services for free, and by embedding their code into many millions of websites, apps and devices, google is able to leverage a kind of power that many can not imagine. Profiling and tracking users to a very high degree. And you know this to be true, as this is the basis of your proposal; that they can provide dash with highly targeted campaigns. I mean, that's how they do it, right? - how else would they get the data and how else could you leverage it?

Of course, much of this may be known to users here in this forum. Assumptions that your average may mildly be aware of yet blind to the full extent. Google has always been in the Artificial Intelligence game, and in bed with government entities. Happy to manipulate and abuse to their own agenda. That's what happens when you have too much centralization of power.

Your campaign may not gather individual data to the same precision as google, but what is certain, paying google is feeding the monster. No less than paying taxes to feed bureaucracy. Or the demand for drugs, feeding the supply. Congrats to you that dash will willfully be a part of it.

Ffs.. @GrandMasterDash ... we have to reach out to the mass matket if Dash is to achieve mass market adoption!

How else do you propose that we target the mass market?

If u want a niche privacy coin then there are alternative projects available.

U don't like google. We get that. Loud and clear.

@Mark Mason has said we should move on towards a consensus based approach.

I hope this isn't a deal breaker for you in terms of your involvement with the project, but the general consensus is that there does need to be some targeted online advertising.

I'm sorry if u don't like that. But as Mick Jagger once said... "You can't always get what you want..."

Ffs.. @GrandMasterDash ... we have to reach out to the mass matket if Dash is to achieve mass market adoption!

How else do you propose that we target the mass market?

If u want a niche privacy coin then there are alternative projects available.

U don't like google. We get that. Loud and clear.

@Mark Mason has said we should move on towards a consensus based approach.

I hope this isn't a deal breaker for you in terms of your involvement with the project, but the general consensus is that there does need to be some targeted online advertising.

I'm sorry if u don't like that. But as Mick Jagger once said... "You can't always get what you want..."

You know I have already said, I accept some level of sleeping-with-the-enemy. The matter was done and dusted until dashdisciple decided to restate and re-enforce his position regarding privacy. I get it, he doesn't give a shit about privacy whereas I do. If he could just shut up about it, there would be no need for me to defend or respond.

It's true, there are other privacy coins, just as there are other coins without any privacy at all e.g. bitcoin. Makes me wonder why he's here at all.

I Believe @dashdisciple has something in the works...
Yes, this is being worked on daily now, and good progress is being made by a full team. Expect a pre-proposal shortly - I will not be proposal owner, but will be offering expertise and consultation for the optimization of the Adwords campaign itself.

Right now, the shared Adwords account has been created, graphics are being assembled, and landing pages coordinated. So that as many pieces can be fit together beforehand as possible, this will likely be a proposal for next month, not in this month's cycle.

Yes, this is being worked on daily now, and good progress is being made by a full team. Expect a pre-proposal shortly - I will not be proposal owner, but will be offering expertise and consultation for the optimization of the Adwords campaign itself.

Right now, the shared Adwords account has been created, graphics are being assembled, and landing pages coordinated. So that as many pieces can be fit together beforehand as possible, this will likely be a proposal for next month, not in this month's cycle.
Fantaaaastic!

I think we can all agree that the natural order of the universe is for DASH to be spending something on the order of $100,000 per day on ads across facebook and google. If there is a large budget and people don't know about Dash yet, this is absolutely the gold standard in efficient, results driven delivery.

Sure we can talk about timing. Before evolution. After evolution. Either way it's going to happen. I see the eagerness of folks who recognize "IT SHOULD BE HAPPENING NOW" and to them I say, it's going to happen. How can it not? We are bound by the forces of nature, and those forces dictate large ad spends on Google and Facebook. So don't worry, someone is going to make it happen soon.

Many folks who have been following me know that I have spent nearly a million dollars in online ad spend, and over $600,000 on Google Adwords alone (proof). To say I know the power of these services is an understatement. I have spent my entire professional life split testing, optimizing, remarketing, evaluating landing page elements, etc. Online ad campaigns are now a 6th sense for me. I can anticipate what will work and what will not before I even turn the campaign on. I have been privately urged by some Masternodes on Discord to submit a proposal for this cycle. I have declined, because I already have a proposal in and it is my first proposal. I want to deliver on it before submitting another one.

That said, a properly escrowed proposal next month via GreenCandle or Core will allow me to start small and get online ad campaigns up and running for Dash. If someone more skilled or experienced than me shows up to do it, I will gladly throw all of my support behind them and help in whatever way I can. Once an effective strategy is positively identified through repeat experimentation, it can be scaled up. The most effective solution is sometimes an unexpected one.

People who want to enter on a large scale without small-scale experimentation first to positively identify a truly impactful strategy threaten to waste Dash's precious budget. It's baby steps until we see a clear winner. And then we pour fuel on the fire. And we certainly seem to have a lot of fuel.

I think we can all agree that the natural order of the universe is for DASH to be spending something on the order of $100,000 per day on ads across facebook and google. If there is a large budget and people don't know about Dash yet, this is absolutely the gold standard in efficient, results driven delivery.

Sure we can talk about timing. Before evolution. After evolution. Either way it's going to happen. I see the eagerness of folks who recognize "IT SHOULD BE HAPPENING NOW" and to them I say, it's going to happen. How can it not? We are bound by the forces of nature, and those forces dictate large ad spends on Google and Facebook. So don't worry, someone is going to make it happen soon.

Many folks who have been following me know that I have spent nearly a million dollars in online ad spend, and over $600,000 on Google Adwords alone (proof). To say I know the power of these services is an understatement. I have spent my entire professional life split testing, optimizing, remarketing, evaluating landing page elements, etc. Online ad campaigns are now a 6th sense for me. I can anticipate what will work and what will not before I even turn the campaign on. I have been privately urged by some Masternodes on Discord to submit a proposal for this cycle. I have declined, because I already have a proposal in and it is my first proposal. I want to deliver on it before submitting another one.

That said, a properly escrowed proposal next month via GreenCandle or Core will allow me to start small and get online ad campaigns up and running for Dash. If someone more skilled or experienced than me shows up to do it, I will gladly throw all of my support behind them and help in whatever way I can. Once an effective strategy is positively identified through repeat experimentation, it can be scaled up. The most effective solution is sometimes an unexpected one.

People who want to enter on a large scale without small-scale experimentation first to positively identify a truly impactful strategy threaten to waste Dash's precious budget. It's baby steps until we see a clear winner. And then we pour fuel on the fire. And we certainly seem to have a lot of fuel.
good to see very positive stances on online marketing , i am so waiting for it.

with the type of money we got , we can do absolute wonders

@dashdisciple What do you think about https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/google-adwords.21389/ Wouldn't there be an overlap of efforts here?
Hi @TroyDASH - I would probably trust Edward and Laura with this campaign, especially if they were willing to open a campaign audit up to a different expert, such as someone on my team or @feedbands. At the $150k/mo purchase level, Edward would have access to a special Google rep who would assist in building out the structure of a campaign. From there, it's just about trimming, paring, and inflating what works. Edward and I had been in serious talks to do this together several months ago, but he decided to finish up his Circus City proposal before venturing out on this. So - yes - I support this, but I still do not see it as an actual proposal. I don't really like his hesitancy to get the proposal up, but perhaps that's just a personality trait of mine. I don't like pussy footing around.

Now - though - with some new entrants like @feedbands and @pmckenna12, we may have more options with people who have serious experience in large buys.

I don't see more than a integration pre-proposal from Strike social yet, but if they did accept Dash, I am hoping that perhaps this means they or some other big marketing firms are starting to get serious about deploying Dash's budget in online marketing. (https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...accepting-dash-for-digital-advertising.21967/) I am going to do some research and see if Strike would consider taking Dash as a client, perhaps pushing out Eralith's jetplane video, or the main Dash intro video.

My understanding is that Strike is a major Google partner, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Good to see you back on here @dashdisciple

The proposal was created in collaboration with Dashdisciple starting back in September, but I had to delay the release due to the work load of Circus City and the need to bring the Radiolab proposal to conclusion when it became clear that it was not going to meet its targets.

I'm fully prepared to launch the proposal within this budget cycle and happy to open a campaign audit up to either Dashdisciple or someone else with relevant experience such as @feedbands

Back