• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Documentary

You are missing the point IMHO, most of the issues here is, there is no plan on how to achieve a return, and there is no guaranteed people will look, find and watch a documentary for dash. At least not one you are making people from the community believe in. Also not even sure there is enough material to bring a story yet. And finally, is there a preview of how would it look like?

JZA, I'm glad you are looking out for Dash, and looking for good and measurable ROI's on projects.

But if I might ask, what is the ROI on Dash Global News site? Yes, your project. I see expenses reported pretty well, but I don't see any measurable ROI. How is your project any better than the proposed Dash Documentary on "how to achieve a return"?

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't fund your project. But how can you ask them for more specific ROI when you haven't given specific ROI either?

Hi Guys,

We have 3 days left, if you haven't yet had a look at our proposal please have a look on the links below.

The Proposal : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashDocumentary

Examples of our work : https://www.vimeo.com/liturn

Interview with Craig Mason :

Our Q & A Session :

Article on Dash Force News : https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-documentary-pre-proposal-review/

With Dash’s phenomenal growth this month. I think you'll agree that it's the perfect time to start a documentary so that we can give those who aren't in the cryptocurrency scene a chance to get educated and become a part of the dash revolution.

We are the right team for this job, we have the passion, the resources, the drive and we will make a documentary Dash can be proud of.

Please join us on this journey and lets work together to make Dash even Greater!

The Dash Documentary Team

Hi Guys
Craig and Paul Mason have also just reviewed our proposal which can be found here :

With the deadline coming ever closer, please vote yes for us and help us create this documentary to make Dash even greater.

Last edited:
JZA, I'm glad you are looking out for Dash, and looking for good and measurable ROI's on projects.

But if I might ask, what is the ROI on Dash Global News site? Yes, your project. I see expenses reported pretty well, but I don't see any measurable ROI. How is your project any better than the proposed Dash Documentary on "how to achieve a return"?

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't fund your project. But how can you ask them for more specific ROI when you haven't given specific ROI either?
ROI is clearly visible by the amount of languages that are not being served on the dash ecosystem. Most of DG writers are engaged with their own communities and languages.

I can tell you for a fact that the Spanish community has grown by magnitudes since we launched dash Spanish. People from Venezuela came around, Colombia and Spain.

ROI is clearly visible by the amount of languages that are not being served on the dash ecosystem. Most of DG writers are engaged with their own communities and languages.

I can tell you for a fact that the Spanish community has grown by magnitudes since we launched dash Spanish. People from Venezuela came around, Colombia and Spain.

And, the ROI is just as visible for a good documentary to come out next summer when a jillion people are going to start asking serious questions about cryptocurrency in general, and Dash in particular.

I wasn't suggesting that we not fund your project. I was making a favorable comparison to your project. I was suggesting that the ROI on the documentary was similar to the ROI on a robust foreign language news project for Dash. Obvious and worthwhile ROI, but hard to quantify.

A copy of my post over on DashCentral:

stillcantstop 3 points,13 hours ago

There is still 2,000 Dash in the pot. Even if Core puts in a hefty proposal at the last minute, the Dash Documentary would still easily fit. So there is no question that we can easily afford this.

I do not see it as premature since it will come out about the time Evolution rolls out for real.

I monitor various search stats on Google trends. I also monitor the number of users in the big crypto forums on Reddit, along with how many users we get in the Dash specific forums.
What those trends tell me is that cryptocurrency in general is about to hit mainstream big time. I'm starting to see ads on mainstream TV that talk about blockchain tech to track tomatoes and help businesses be more efficient.

The take home message is that around 100 million people are going to start asking serious questions about cryptocurrency in the next year. Any time there is overwhelming demand for an informational product like that--the market is going to supply one.

So we have a choice. We can have some influence in how the latest crypto documentary gets made, and how Dash is portrayed in that documentary.

Or, we can let somebody else make the documentary that will come up on all those google searches next summer. And who can say how some other group would portray Dash? Have we generally been portrayed fairly in the past? I would answer that question in the strong negative.

The information vacuum that occurs next summer will be filled with something. Why would we not fund this project to have some influence over what that information looks like? Let's stack the deck in our favor for a change.

Plus, we're like swimming in Treasury money. So again, why wouldn't we do this?

Carry on, have fun, win!

solarguy

And, the ROI is just as visible for a good documentary to come out next summer when a jillion people are going to start asking serious questions about cryptocurrency in general, and Dash in particular.

I wasn't suggesting that we not fund your project. I was making a favorable comparison to your project. I was suggesting that the ROI on the documentary was similar to the ROI on a robust foreign language news project for Dash. Obvious and worthwhile ROI, but hard to quantify.
Well I'm not talking about ROI as far as quantification. I'm talking ROI as a value added. Just like a news site in French where there is no news in French will provoke a return to the network.

What is the value proposition of a documentary? Why now and what has done for other networks like Bitcoin.

For example the max Keiser GAP sponsorship, people can see the value (without needing quantification), on having the dash brand associated with a revered economist.

What is the value proposition of a documentary? Why now and what has done for other networks like Bitcoin.

A jillion people are going to want to know about crypto next year. If WE make a documentary, WE have better control of the factual and credible presentation about Dash. If we don't do it, somebody else will, and I doubt Dash will be fairly presented. Historically, Dash has been characterized very unfairly and very inaccurately. Why would we pass up this opportunity to do it right this time?

If you can't see that as valuable, I guess I can't help you.

We're getting close ladies and gentlemen.
If we're all going to be rich, we may as well be famous too. Kidding...I have no interest in notoriety.

I would rather have the documentary and not need it, than need it and not have it.

And if it goes well, and it turns out awesome, then we also have a relationship with some talented film makers. That would not be a bad thing to have in our pocket.

solarguy

Hi Guys,

We are on the final push, only a few more votes and Dash Documentary will pass! This is history in the making, let's make this production a reality!

Make me proud gentlemen. When does the work start. I bet you guys are already plotting and working over a calendar, deadlines, story boards, etc etc etc.

Make me proud gentlemen. When does the work start. I bet you guys are already plotting and working over a calendar, deadlines, story boards, etc etc etc.
Hi Solarguy,

Thanks for all your support. Once the proposal passes, we will be outlining our plans to the community for the coming weeks. We have already started the plan for this month and getting things in place. We will make the whole Dash community proud!

The Dash Documentary Team

Back