• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core v0.14 on Mainnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
dash-cli masternode status
{
"outpoint": "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000-4294967295",
"service": "80.240.21.91:9999",
"state": "WAITING_FOR_PROTX",
"status": "Waiting for ProTx to appear on-chain"
}
What does it mean?

If you just gave a protx command, you will need to wait one proof of work confirmation i think.

Your masternode does appear to have a PoSe Penalty score on dashninja (3445).
At the same time it does show ENABLED with command : ./dash-cli masternode list full | grep -e 80.240.21.91

FYI

Last edited:
IIRC it may happen during a re-index too. My node shows that one as being enabled so I'm guessing you just need to wait for your node to catch up.

I'm quite sure the delta comes from the # of revived nodes.
Yes, I think you're right. Also, I'm seeing the number of total bans flattening out now. For a while it looked like the bans were just going to keep happening, but in the end it looks like only a fraction of the network was/will be affected. I'm re-establishing my masternodes on upgraded hardware now. It's actually pretty impressive how smoothly the DASH network can upgrade as compared to other blockchains. Thanks for your info/feedback. chart: http://sporked.seeger.net
banned-nodes-20190614.png

If you just gave a protx command, you will need to wait one proof of work confirmation i think.

Your masternode does appear to have a PoSe Penalty score on dashninja (3445).
At the same time it does show ENABLED with command : ./dash-cli masternode list full | grep -e 80.240.21.91

FYI
it was started in april, no action on my side, 2GB RAM.

Then why spork 19 (chainlocks) is not active? The upgrade scenario clearly states that chainlocks is enforced with dip8 activation

Then why spork 19 (chainlocks) is not active? The upgrade scenario clearly states that chainlocks is enforced with dip8 activation

From core dev @UdjinM6 on Discord:
66A35467-FB1A-4C75-8318-358DF17F9E79.jpeg

I am not sure how long mobile wallets and the like will require, but hopefully it is only a few days.

Well, this does not clarify how the "enforced chainlocks" is different from "active chainlocks", but I get the point:D

iIJC48d.jpg

I am not sure how long mobile wallets and the like will require, but hopefully it is only a few days.

I'm glad we finally got an answer to that (i asked before and never got an answer, see page 3 & page 4).
Looks like the Dash Core v0.14 Planned Upgrade Phases schedule was a bit too optimistic in that regard.

I dont mind some delay or going at it in a slightly different way, but key is to just communicate clearly and in advance to the Dash community.

Last edited:
I used to help people set up masternodes. Mostly on moocow's service. There was a lot of inquiry during the 0.13 upgrade, and I let people know I wasn't doing that anymore. I did it for free and it was too much hassle. There were quite a few still bombarding me regarding 0.14 issues, which, frankly, I hadn't been paying much attention to anymore since I no longer have a dog in the fight. It's been a very long time since I ran masternodes of my own.

Fact-free snowflakery on this topic, and others, rather well disposes of the credibility of those for whom I used to have respect. It's not relevant anymore, and continuing the wild supposition that serves no purpose but "git camosoul" is neither impressive nor productive.

Regardless of what may or may not have happened with 0.14, the silly attitude that came with it was convincing in the negative for many. As innovative as DASH may be, I have to say I've lost interest in it, too. DASH is Laserdisc. Maybe it really is the best and super amazing, but nobody cares, nobody uses it, nobody understands it... It's not really your fault, but the fact remains that there's nothing to see here. Scapegoating me as your whipping boy won't change that.

The only thing worse than people talking about you, is people not talking about you... DASH has become irrelevant.

Real action in the "business development" branch of DCG is basically moot, and always has been. You're not doing anything, and you don't like it when anyone notices this out loud.

[shrug] whatevs, it's not my problem. Making convoluted, ridiculous commentary attacking those who point that out won't fix the problem. The fact that this behavior is chosen is quite off-putting to adults, and does not inspire confidence in DASH.

I'm going back to my useless and clumsy attempts at #LearnToCode. Thanks anyway and keep knowing everything...

Last edited:
does setting up a MN on masternode.me require an intervention from moocowmoo (means i forgot to do something or i made a mistake) or it should work if i did everything right?
i used a remore RPC Node..

On MN control page i get:
The OperatorPubKey registered for this node doesn't match the operator keys on the masternode.me host.

Rewards will stop until updated!
The host needs to be configured with the keys generated during registration.

To repair, send both the private and public operator keys and the masternode id they belong to using privatebin..
Use the default privatebin values.
After submitting the form, email the generated privatebin url to moocowmoo..
Configurations will be updated twice a day.

I've tried to contact moocowmoo via mail and with a msg here..
Appreciate the help..

You should check if your masternode is running using https://dashninja.pl then follow the instructions provided by moocowmoo. It sounds like one of you is using the incorrect operator key, either the private key on the masternode or the public key used in the protx when you registered the masternode.

How is the decision to activate ChainLocks made?

Who or what makes that decision? Is it automatic or manually triggered?

Is there any way to observe or predict when Chainlock activation is more or less likely to occur?

as posted before
waiting on new versions mobile wallets
when they are live we should be ready to go
(obviously we do not wanna leave anybody behind , so safety 1st , step by step)
wallets are under review on itunes and google store , should be a couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back