Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Core Group Q3 2018 Summary Call - 12 November 2018

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by kot, Oct 31, 2018.

1. kot

kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

Dear Dash Community Members,

In order to provide you with a transparent information about the development team efforts, we have prepared a next edition of the Dash Core Group Inc. quarterly call. The goal of this is to discuss project progress made during Q3 2018, hear comments from the management team and answer Community questions.

The call will take place on Monday, 12th of November at 17:00 UTC. The call will be streamed live on Youtube, recorded and shared on the Dash Youtube channel.

The link to the Youtube stream:

Please prepare and submit your questions here in this thread. I will be collecting them until Friday, 9th of November EOD.
    I suggest to send one question per user, as there will be limited time for answers.

UPDATE
    Slides from the call are available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...sh-Core-Group-Q3-2018-Summary-Call.pdf?api=v2

Thank you
    Robert Wiecko

#1 kot, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 7:21 PM
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Kanuuker

Kanuuker New Member

How are new users going to secure a username in Evo if they don't currently have funds in their wallet?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Unstoppable

Unstoppable Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Does DCG plan to actually answer these questions during the Q&A, or will they cut the presentation short and stall for a month?

Edit: It appears some people don't remember what happened with Q2 Q&A session, and don't understand the concept of pushing for accountability.

#3 Unstoppable, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Trolling Trolling x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

1) Can core please give an update from the SEC meeting in October. What was the general opinion, positive/negative and what were the next steps, more clarifications/meetings or SEC will release a decision to the public in due course?
    2) New Dash website release date?

#4 Stealth923, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  5. geolibertarian

geolibertarian New Member

What will the process to get a username look like for a new user? (Will there be invites, will people need to go thru 3rd-party services, can someone pay the registration fee on behalf of another user without revealing the private key?)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Biltong0808

Biltong0808 New Member

New website launch date? And will it contain a roadmap?

7. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

Cross-posted from community questions, as a placeholder to remember to answer these questions during the call:
    1. Can we get a detailed list of features which will be part of Evolution MVP 13.0?
    2. Where are the What's Going On At Dash reports?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Quansen

Quansen New Member

From an outside perspective DCG seems to be exclusively focused on the medium of exchange property of dash.

Do you intent to shift the attention partly towards the store of value property from a business development and/or software development perspective in the future?

How do you plan to balance the technological advancement needs of MoE with the stability and trust needs of the SoV property in dash protocol development going forward?

9. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

Can we have more information about Dash Evolution Rating System :

Will the rating system be applied to usernames ?
    What steps are taken to make sure the rating system can not be abused ?
    Will the rating system be included with v.1.0 ?

#9 qwizzie, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  10. lord2jays

lord2jays New Member

Is it possible for an easy interface/page (zoomable world map??) to be constructed whereby Dash transaction numbers and Dash dollar-value Volume can be displayed? i.e. A geographical breakdown of Dash usage.

Is it possible for a FREE template for accepting Dash payments can be made? i.e An importable/copy+paste-able piece of html code, which will display current $/£/Euro exchange rate and allow for customers to easily fill a couple of fields in which will send a purchase request to an email?

I see there are 3rd parties offering to allow payments in Dash to be accepted on your business website for instance, but I would like it if there was a free, universal option. Something requiring no-to-low maintenance and with less features/management.

Maybe I'm missing something but don't you have to pay for Woocommerce etc services if you want them on your website?

• Like Like x 1
  11. kot

kot Well-known Member

They obliged us to NOT share any information about this meeting.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Biltong0808

Biltong0808 New Member

Is there release date for the NDA - when can u tell us what happened.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Understandable - guess we can just sit tight and wait.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kot

kot Well-known Member

We cannot communicate. This is up to them to communicate the outcomes.

15. kot

kot Well-known Member

Just to understand the question properly, please define MoE and SoV. I am assuming "Medium of Exchange" and "Store of Value" but please confirm. Thanks

16. kot

kot Well-known Member

It is possible to create such visualisation (but I am not sure if it would be 100% correct), however focus of the development team is completely elsewhere (Evo development and releases). We would encourage community members and other development teams to provide additional features like this one.

Evolution release will provide decentralised APIs and SDKs allowing developers easy integration. For non-technical people and solutions, 3rd parties are, in fact, the best option, as they remove necessity to maintain any code.

We don't have and don't want Woocommerce services on our website. Please clarify the question, as I think I am missing the point here.

#16 kot, Nov 11, 2018 at 8:04 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 9:36 AM
  17. Quansen

Quansen New Member

@kot your assumption is correct

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaby_64

Gaby_64 New Member

Will we get access to the updated evo whitepaper?

19. kot

kot Well-known Member

Dear Community Members,

Thank you for attending the Q3 call with us. I hope you liked provided information.
    Please find the slides from the call available in the following location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...sh-Core-Group-Q3-2018-Summary-Call.pdf?api=v2
    I encourage you to download and review the slide-deck, as we have prepared much more materials than actually presented during the call. In appendices you will find detailed team updates, roles and organisation structure, backlog information and many others.

Enjoy!
    Robert Wiecko

• Like Like x 3
  20. akhavr

akhavr Active Member

How do you calculate "the number of economic transactions"?

21. Amy Larson

Amy Larson New Member

22. lord2jays

lord2jays New Member

Hey Cheers for the reply Kot.

The last part was unclear sorry.

I am looking to sell apparel through an independent website and accept Dash for payment.
    I was hoping to have a easy-to-use 'window' on the web page in which people can place an order.
    i.e. They fill in a few fields, £/$ they wish to pay, email, notes/comments, TxID
    This would then send me an email notification with the relevant info, I could check the TxID and see if they'd payed the correct amount and send on the goods.

Is this only possible with a 3rd party at present? (Bearing in mind my coding skills are non-existent!)

Thanks

23. strophy

strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

@lord2jays The only way to currently do this (without coding skills) is to use a third party provider. A worked example with screenshots and detailed instructions is available here: https://docs.dash.org/en/0.13.0/merchants/getting-started.html#woocommerce-and-gocoin

If you would prefer to run your own payment processing server, you should check out BTCPayServer. Dash is supported there, and there are detailed instructions on how to set it up, with a one-click Docker build coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. kot

kot Well-known Member

Thank you for the clarification.
    That would require additional development, outside of the Dash Evolution Platform. These would be plug-ins and libraries for the e-commerce engines. We have started conversations about this internally, hoverer I also count on external vendors to deliver various plugins and extensions as soon as the platform is ready and released.

25. lord2jays

lord2jays New Member

Cheers Strophy,
    I was actually thinking I could do it myself really but it's only a more clunky method which was why I thought a template designed by someone who knows what they're doing would be better.

I can always add a window to the website asking someone to make a payment request, they fill in a couple of fields and it generates an automatic email to my related account.
    I then send them back a newly generated Dash address and the amount of Dash to send. They send me back a TxID and I take that as proof of purchase.

I can see crypto enthusiasts not minding the wait between replies but not regular punters/shoppers.

I just feel that a peer-to-peer crypto should function as such and not break down to peer-to-3rd party profit makers-to-peer just because someone wants to buy a bag. If anyone can facilitate and maintain the crypto-payment ethos I would have thought it would be Dash.
    I'm not having a go at anyone it's just something to consider.

26. lord2jays

lord2jays New Member

Hey Kot,
    that's fair enough, I wasn't really thinking it would specifically be part of an Evolution release, it really would help me out though.

I do realise I'm sounding a bit 'I want my cake and eat it' but it just irks me a bit that, within a relatively simple peer-to-peer scenario, I have to bridge a gap with a 3rd party who hold dominion over the functionality of my whole business.
    For example, say I'm using a plug-in by WooCommerce and they suddenly have a bug or an attack or what-have-you, that means ALL potential transactions I might make through my website are up the Swanee until their plug-in regains function, if it ever does. I don't really like the sound of that and it goes against the decentralization of using crypto in the first place IMO.

I'm not putting this to you in a 'what are you gonna do about it then??!!??' kind of way, just trying to give you an argument for perhaps bringing the functionality afforded by a plug-in under the Dash decentralised umbrella.

I would have thought there could/should be a more elegant solution to making payments through the Dash blockchain whereby two people can make a payment to each other using the TxID and blockchain itself as proof of transfer of funds, with maybe a universal conversion built in from coinmarketcap (or similar).

Instead, using a 3rd party plug-in, there will be payment IDs, order numbers, receipts, % fees etc etc which have to be generated outside of the actual blockchain transaction, making the whole process (arguably) more clunky and unappealing than using current banking methods.

27. kot

kot Well-known Member

@lord2jays Just to be clear - I absolutely agree with you and I would love to have these plugins and extensions developed internally.
    Unfortunately the reality is that we don't have enough resources (read money, time and people) to build an additional team and include these into our product portfolio.

It might look like easy to achieve, e.g. just 1-2 additional developers would resolve this problem. The reality is that it would be much more complex task - development is just a part of the work to be done. We would have to incorporate this into the product strategy, hire additional Product Owner to maintain requirements, keep an eye on the changes on all of the e-commerce platforms, integrate with all of the marketplaces with these components (each platform has it's own marketplace), create and maintain documentation (technical and non-technical), ensure QA and marketing of the new products, create a support team to handle bugs etc. So the complexity of this is much larger than we can afford at the moment.

There is entire market of companies delivering plugins and extensions and this is their core business. Our core business is crypto and payments and we do not have developers specialized in plugins development (and we don't even have an intention to create such team atm). I hope that these external companies will recognize an opportunity in developing extensions for Dash Evo and will support our expansion to the e-commerce world.

#27 kot, Nov 14, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 6:51 PM