• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q2 2021 Quarterly Call - 22 July 2021

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community Members,

I would like to kindly invite you to the Dash Core Group Q2 Quarterly Call, where we will provide you with the recent updates about the project progress, technology, and business development efforts, made during the last quarter.
We have prepared an update of the work made by DCG, company achievements, and challenges we have faced during Q2.

The call will take place on Thursday, the 22nd of July 2021 at 14:00 UTC.
Link to the Youtube live stream:

In order to make the call shorter, we are going to be more efficient during the reporting part + we are going to respond only to 4 pre-selected questions during the call.
The remaining questions will be answered and published on the forum by the 30th of July 2021 on the forum
Please prepare and submit your questions here or send them directly to me or @strophy.

Thank you,
Robert Wiecko

EDIT: Slides are available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...8550659/DCG-Q2-2021-Quarterly-Call.pdf?api=v2

Last edited:
Hi there!

First, I wanted to say thank you to you and all the DCG members for your hard work. Even though the market is not with us, Dash is advancing well and the project is moving in the right direction. Congrats!

Second, I wanted to ask about a topic that interest many new investors, trust nodes or shared master nodes. I know that Master Nodes owners generally don't like this idea (that it's technically possible) because they believe that it would reduce the amount of money that they receive, but I think they are wrong.

Why? Because people wants stacking, and platforms like Binance are offering it and then using the Dash to low the price and generate profit.
If we, as Dash, offer a way for small investors to participate in shared nodes in a trustless way (maybe even integrated on the mobile wallet), then a lot of people would take their Dash out of exchanges, and the price would be up quickly.

If the price goes up quickly, popularity would rise generating adoption, which would increase the transaction amount, resulting in higher MN rewards.

So my question is... Could we make this happen?

I hope you don't mind if I ask two questions, but if only one then you choose which one.

1. I'm sure this quarterly call will once again claim wallet installs and usage is up, but the elephant in the room that has not been addressed is dash's ranking, currently ranked #65. I understand why coin market cap is such a poor indicator but there is no other independent industry wide metric in the face of the public at large. Is DCG going to continue ignoring this issue?

2. With the recent bitcoin El Salvador announcement, what has DCG done to get a foot in the door? NDAs aside, can DCG confirm they are actively working on this?

Thanks

Hi @pozo can you please state your question in around 50 words? I'm not sure what you are asking here.

Why? Because people wants stacking, and platforms like Binance are offering it and then using the Dash to low the price and generate profit.
If we, as Dash, offer a way for small investors to participate in shared nodes in a trustless way (maybe even integrated on the mobile wallet), then a lot of people would take their Dash out of exchanges, and the price would be up quickly.

Interesting..

More Dash would be locked up reducing the amount available on exchanges, lowering the amount of Dash in circulation and by consequence increasing the price. Is this what you mean @pozo?

Last edited:
Hi there!

First, I wanted to say thank you to you and all the DCG members for your hard work. Even though the market is not with us, Dash is advancing well and the project is moving in the right direction. Congrats!

Second, I wanted to ask about a topic that interest many new investors, trust nodes or shared master nodes. I know that Master Nodes owners generally don't like this idea (that it's technically possible) because they believe that it would reduce the amount of money that they receive, but I think they are wrong.

If the price goes up quickly, popularity would rise generating adoption, which would increase the transaction amount, resulting in higher MN rewards.

So my question is... Could we make this happen?
I'm not sure where you're hearing MN owners wouldn't want shared MNs because it would hurt their own income, I've never heard anything other than support for shared MNs along with acceptance that Platform takes a higher priority.

And yet another delay of releasing Dash Platform and the DashPay wallet on Dash Mainnet :

Dash Core Group Q1-2021 Quarterly Call : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q1-quarterly-call-22-04-2021.51513/

QlhrEGc.jpg

Dash Core Group Q2-2021 Quarterly Call : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q2-2021-quarterly-call-22-july-2021.51807/

aJ90Cc1.jpg

What is the point of having a roadmap, if the targets inside that roadmap keeps getting moved forward to the next quarter ?

In the Dash Core Group Q2 Quarterly Call, Ryan Taylor (CEO of Dash Core Group) also announced the departure of Bob Carroll (current CTO of Dash Core Group), i wish him best of luck and congratulations to Quantum Explorer who (as i understand it) will be taking over as interim CTO of Dash Core Group.

Last edited:
What is the point of having a roadmap, if the targets inside that roadmap keeps getting moved forward to the next quarter ?

You don't understand the nature of software development.

In the Dash Core Group Q2 Quarterly Call, Ryan Taylor (CEO of Dash Core Group) also announced the departure of Bob Carroll (current CTO of Dash Core Group), i wish him best of luck and congratulations to Quantum Explorer who (as i understand it) will be taking over as interim CTO of Dash Core Group.

IMHO we're a bit doomed without a competent CTO like Bob Carroll. I don't blame him for leaving. It's the DAO's fault for encouraging the developers to go rogue.

Last edited:
At 1:17:24 QuantumExplorer says that he's "looking forward to making changes that our community informs." Does anyone know what that means?

At 1:17:24 QuantumExplorer says that he's "looking forward to making changes that our community informs." Does anyone know what that means?
I think his plans are to be less like an appreciation and more material. He's already been quite active in the Discord and even Andy FREER (your favourite) joined for a heart-to-heart chat in the Thunderdome. Pity you went ahead a got yourself banned for being a vile human being. I hope you improve.

I am going to repost something I wrote here on May 30:

Our journey to the promised land of Evo adoption is not assured. We have to avoid the following pitfalls:

1. Evo is never released. This could happen if some people here succeed in destroying DCG and we no longer have a competent CTO.

2. Evo is released but it's lame. If contact list privacy is not implemented, for example, I would not use Evo nor would I recommend it to anyone.

3. Evo is released, and not lame, but it can't scale. Pasta recently admitted that IS can only handle eighteen transactions per second, so this is a real concern.

4. Evo is released, is not lame, can scale, but it's too late. When central bank digital currencies are rolled out, TPTB may simply ban competing, unauthorized digital currencies. This is not as hard as you might think. They can declare that possession, issuance, mining, trading and transferring crypto-assets is illegal. The Indian government has proposed just such a bill this year. Google and Apple would then remove all unauthorized crypto apps from Android and iOS devices.

At this point, I would say that pitfall number one is most likely the final resting place for Dash. Andy's Incubator is a Trojan horse whose real purpose is to destroy DCG and take control of core dev. Achieving this goal will be relatively easy given all the allies he's accumulated, and we can see that he's well on his way. But once DCG is gone there will be chaos, and Andy will go down in Dash history as the project's nerdy nemesis.

Last edited:
Hello All,
Let me share the asnwers to the questions we have received.

1. I'm sure this quarterly call will once again claim wallet installs and usage is up, but the elephant in the room that has not been addressed is dash's ranking, currently ranked #65. I understand why coin market cap is such a poor indicator but there is no other independent industry wide metric in the face of the public at large. Is DCG going to continue ignoring this issue? (GrandMasterDash)
    Answered during the call:
  1. With the recent bitcoin El Salvador announcement, what has DCG done to get a foot in the door? NDAs aside, can DCG confirm they are actively working on this? (GrandMasterDash)
  1. ETA for Dash Platform MVP is still end of the year? (soia)
  1. This post mentions multiple times multiple devs leaving DCG. Who are these devs that have left DCG? And is https://www.dash.org/dcg/ still up to date?
  1. What is Economic Transactions and how is it calculated? (asdf)

Answer: This is the number of on-chain transactions excluding mixing and coinbase transactions. We leverage data on transactions per day, subtracting from the total mixing transactions, and coinbase transactions. Our data source is dashradar.com in this case

2. Ryan what do you think the reason is that Dash dropped in market cap from #31 to #53 since the beginning of this year? (asdf)
    Answered during the call: https://youtu.be/5YPjIGy37Kg?t=5330
  3. Can DCG explain the situation about Andy Freer and the Platform release? Why do top devs leave product development? [Quantum]

4. How does DCG track the effectiveness of DASH expansion to Venezuela? If the expansion turns out to be ineffective, are you ready to change the course of movement and where can it be directed? (asdf)

Answer (Ernesto): Tracking all usage is not possible due to the decentralized nature of the blockchain, and that is why in the initial Dash Venezuela Merchant days, data was a big problem. Now we are collecting data from large POS providers and complementing with other sources.

We treat this data as different parts of a sample, which combined with anecdotal information from our partners, and teams paint the big picture. Data includes:
  • Cryptobuyer’s data: As shown in the quarterly they are seeing an upward trend, with obvious spikes during price rallies (as people are willing to spend their “gains”), for more than a year the trend has been of growth. Dash is also gaining market share within their platform.
  • Top Dash Venezuela partner’s: We selected about dozen reliable partners, and receive anecdotal and wallet feedback from them on a bymonthly basis. Their wallets show overall growth, although it varies depending on the segment (For example tech product stores were hit during all of 2021)
  • Dash wallet store data: The recent improvements from the Android store, allow to see wallet downloads, but more importantly actions taken during the month. As this is new data we will analyze and report back on findings.
  • Corporate interest in Crypto/Dash: In 2018 mid and large firms were skeptical about accepting Dash as a payment option, and now they are open to accepting and even willing to let us present other solutions such as Dash for paying their employees or suppliers. This is an anecdotal, but important metric.
  • Third party data and stats: Important firms and organizations are showing crypto in their findings, which shows the opportunity is still valid.

By being there and talking constantly to users and merchants I see there is still a large opportunity for Dash to be widely accepted as a MoE in Venezuela by part of the population as a compliment to other systems of payment and saving. The hyperinflation issues, problems at the POS terminals, and banking issues persist and are a big reason for regular people to consider new financial tools, which is something that is not present anywhere else in the world, so keeping momentum is important if Dash wants to keep what different teams have built in the country. This year we will release a major partnership that will bring Dash to a massive percentage of merchants, so we will evaluate what happens around the 15% acceptance threshold and how transaction count behaves as a result of this.
    DCG is actively exporting the learnings and insights from our Venezuelan efforts to explore how to grow as a MoE in other regions with a slightly different approach, with CrayPay as an example implementation.

1. QUESTION for RYAN: Dash Trust protector Mark in a recent podcast claimed that DCG is disingenuous in its reports, censoring negative info about Venezuela. And this would explain why when we speak about Dash in public we hear people saying that Dash is not used in Venezuela. 
And Dash went down in Market cap. What is really going on? (Pietro Speroni di Fenizio)

Answer (Ernesto): It is important to note that Mark Mason was the owner and manager of the Discover Dash app and all its listings, so all the data and findings he encountered while working on it was completely independent of DCG.
    He was, at the same time responsible for doing Dash marketing and PR as part of the Dash Force team, so just like he announced the growth in adoption numbers, and shared the KFC news globally as part of his direct efforts with teams on the ground his findings have not been filtered in any way by DCG.
    Mark also assists every week, to a joint business growth meeting with DCG team members and other DFOs. During these meetings in all of 2020 or 2021 he did not express concerns about the quality of the results of teams in the country, so I honestly do not understand his claims of censoring from DCG, especially when he plans to retake the Dash Force marketing efforts under the new marketing incubator hub.

1. I have a question about the funds that were supposed to be used for advertising just before the ban on advertising by social media? (Szymon Lisowski)

Answer: The advertising budget was requested in conjunction with the advertising agency we were going to work with. By the time we had received it, it was part of the requested funds (due to the price drop). At the same time the budget requested for the Money2020 conference had the same issues. We ended up having a substitute for the advertising budget and a substitute for the conference budget. We decided to make a use of ads budget for Money2020.
  1. How does Arden see the new marketing incubator integrating into her strategy or can they work together? (Nicholas Morrisseau)
    Answered during the call: https://youtu.be/5YPjIGy37Kg?t=6040

2. Question to Ryan: Yesterday left Andy Freer, in the end of July leaves Bob Carroll. Why top devs are leaving? (asdf)
    Answered during the call: https://youtu.be/5YPjIGy37Kg?t=5747
  3. Will Platform will be released in 2021? (asdf)
    Answered during the call: https://youtu.be/5YPjIGy37Kg?t=1747

And yet another delay of releasing Dash Platform and the DashPay wallet on Dash Mainnet :

Dash Core Group Q1-2021 Quarterly Call : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q1-quarterly-call-22-04-2021.51513/

QlhrEGc.jpg

Dash Core Group Q2-2021 Quarterly Call : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q2-2021-quarterly-call-22-july-2021.51807/

aJ90Cc1.jpg

Thats what i already discovered in https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q1-quarterly-call-22-04-2021.51513/#post-226277 sadly my images are offline now. But before stuff was shifting over quarters already..

Is there real development going on?

Last edited:
Thats what i already discovered in https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-group-q1-quarterly-call-22-04-2021.51513/#post-226277 sadly my images are offline now. But before stuff was shifting over quarters already..

Is there real development going on?

i think there is always real development going on, it is just that the roadmap became unreliable with regards to the targetdate of the Dash Platform mainnet launch and there was little to no communication upfront (before the quarterly calls) about what caused that targetdate to shift over to later quarters.

We now have a new CTO of Dash Core Group / interim CTO of Dash Core Group (Quantum Explorer), who promised to communicate more clearly and intends to put through some changes to avoid this shifting over quarters from re-ocurring in future updates of our roadmap.
To be honest i am keeping a 'first see then believe' stance on this.

In my opinion we need to have a reliable targetdate for the launch of Dash Platform on mainnet, so that we can utilize our marketing efforts more efficiently, provide clarity to other Dash organisations that rely on this release (Dash Incubator for example) and better inform and prepare our Dash community for this upcoming release.

What we don't need is no targetdate at all, just the crossing off of development tasks to do. Which i fear we are now heading towards.
Here are some screenshots of a public discussion that took place on Dash Discord (i have an account there with the name Anonysuom) :

cXWcqeJ.jpg

PKwMrnY.jpg

FEihZ4A.jpg

Source : discord

I guess the next quarterly call should provide some clarity on the changes / new approach under Quantum Explorer's leadership.

Last edited:
Back