• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q1 Quarterly Call - 22.04.2021

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community Members,

I would like to kindly invite you to the Dash Core Group Q1 Quarterly Call, where we will provide you with the recent updates about the project progress, technology, and business development efforts, made during the last quarter.
We have prepared an update of the work made by DCG, company achievements, and challenges we have faced during Q1.

The call will take place on Thursday, the 22nd of April 2021 at 15:00 UTC.
Link to the Youtube live stream:

Please prepare and submit your questions here or send them directly to me or @strophy.
I strongly suggest sending one (possibly short) question per user, as there will be a limited time for the Q&A section.
Please be aware that we might not be able to answer all of the questions submitted before and during the call. In such a case, the remaining questions will be answered later, on the forum.

EDIT: Presentation slides are available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...550659/DCG-Q1-2021- Quarterly-Call.pdf?api=v2

Thank you,
Robert Wiecko

Last edited:
Ryan has said he doesn't see the proposal fee as a priority issue. Could this be because DCG consistently extracts 60% of the budget and has therefore formed a bias i.e. does not fully appreciate the impact the fee has on the treasury as a whole? From the outside looking in, to a prospective Proposal Owner, the proposal fee might be misaligned with expectations or simply not flexible enough.

More so, does DCG accept that a variable proposal fee might be more effective? What price discovery mechanisms would DCG like to explore?

...DCG consistently extracts 60% of the budget...

DCG is consistently awarded 60% of the budget.

Your inflammatory tone is uncalled for. You either have an axe to grind or a conflict of interest IMHO that is driving this bizarre hostility towards DCG. The vast majority of voting MNOs support DCG's use of 60% of the budget.

Last edited:
DCG is consistently awarded 60% of the budget.

Your inflammatory tone is uncalled for. You either have an axe to grind or a conflict of interest IMHO that is driving this bizarre hostility towards DCG. The vast majority of voting MNOs support DCG's use of 60% of the budget.

Yes, I understand you deeply oppose my opinions, you've made it quite clear.

Yes, I understand you deeply oppose my opinions...

We don't have differing opinions. You seem to live in an alternate reality where DCG is not transparent, not well run, not effective, and therefore not entitled to 60% of the budget. It's as if you're trying to gaslight the entire DAO.

We don't have differing opinions. You seem to live in an alternate reality where DCG is not transparent, not well run, not effective, and therefore not entitled to 60% of the budget. It's as if you're trying to gaslight the entire DAO.

If we don't have differing opinions then I'm happy you agree with me. Now please leave this thread to questions only.

I would like to ask one question, How to use technology in Packing and Moving companies.. it's budget around 70% we want to use technology related content. can anyone say?

Here's a question:

Is it possible for DCG to come up with a contingency plan in case a majority of the trust protectors go rogue, and against the wishes of the DAO, attempts to dissolve DCG or otherwise interfere with DCG's leadership? Could DCG fight such a maneuver legally and continue operating? If not, maybe the DIF could be used to provide emergency capital to create a replacement corporation as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
The Black Adder Season 3 Ep. 01

Dish And Dishonesty

Are the similarities with the above fictitious events or characters, pure coincidental?

Last edited:
True, sad that MNOs allowed this to happen. I don't even know why the company is called Dash Core Group when in actuality it might as well be called Dash Platform Group. 90% of what they're doing is for Dash Platform and the remaining scraps for pet projects such as chasing regulators. Too "focused" for fundamental changes in the treasury system but chasing regulators is okay. They suck the air out of the room and stifle innovation in other areas. Dash Platform Group should take a max of 40% of the budget and do nothing else. Dash Platform is never going to take a backseat. As a fundamental component of dash, it's always going to be subject to incremental improvement and maintenance. Cut their budget and handover all other functions to the community or separate DFOs.

Comparing

Q3-2020 Call Roadmap

with Q1-2021 Call Roadmap

Just makes me feel very sad.. it seems stuff is just shifting quarter over quarter..

Strange to see how the roadmap can get delayed not with one quarter, not with two quarters but with three whole quarters.
I know Testnet had some issues and was a few weeks down, but to see a 9 months delay occur is pretty hard to swallow.

What happened between DCG Q3-2020 Quarterly Call and DCG Q1-2021 Quarterly Call causing such long delay in bringing Dash Platform to Mainnet and shifting expectations that much ? From an estimated Q1-2021 release on Mainnet :

'but our goal is to bring Dash Platform to Mainnet in Q1 as well'
Source :
Timestamp -> 51:30

to now this new estimated Q4-2021 release on Mainnet.

Timestamp -> 27:50

And how reliable is that Q4-2021 for Dash Platform launch on Mainnet ?

questions, questions, questions....

Last edited:
And how reliable is that Q4-2021 for Dash Platform launch on Mainnet ?

Wen Evo? Software development is incredibly hard and estimating when things are going to be done is even harder. This is going to be a process. You can see from Bob's presentation that they have a detailed plan for how to roll-out Evo safely. That is the most important thing. That there is a plan.

Because of Chainlocks and enhanced InstantSend, Dash is already the best monetary crypto right now. We are miles ahead of the competition. When Evo is fully released, we will be lightyears ahead. Be patient.

Wen Evo? Software development is incredibly hard and estimating when things are going to be done is even harder. This is going to be a process. You can see from Bob's presentation that they have a detailed plan for how to roll-out Evo safely. That is the most important thing. That there is a plan.

Because of Chainlocks and enhanced InstantSend, Dash is already the best monetary crypto right now. We are miles ahead of the competition. When Evo is fully released, we will be lightyears ahead. Be patient.

I just want some details on why the estimated launch of Dash Platform on Mainnet was delayed 9 months / three quarters.
Having good communication with the Dash community should include giving details about possible delays to the Dash community.

There was also a detailed plan to launch Dash Platform possibly in Q1, 2021 (also from Bob Carroll).
Now we have another detailed plan changing that Dash Platfrom release forward 3 quarters without any explanation of the delay.

I am getting a bit tired of these poorly communicated delays.

Last edited:
I have worked in software development my entire life. Delays are completely normal in an effort of this complexity, and Bob is simply communicating honestly the current state of the project.

The answer to your question of, "Why the delay?" is usually, "Because we understand the problem better now."

Last edited:
Reactions: Bft
I have worked in software development my entire life. Delays are completely normal in an effort of this complexity, and Bob is simply communicating honestly the current state of the project.

The answer to your question of, "Why the delay?" is usually, "Because we understand the problem better now."

Dont get me wrong, im a Software dev as well and can understand the complexity and fully understand that there is and can be delays.

But what i feel is that buzz words are just copied from one slide to another. I didnt heared any words about the delays.. but maybe i just missed them?

Also from a masternode owner perspective.. 0.16 is running since 1.5 years on my servers.. Even when i look at the list of released features on mainnet going back to 0.14 (which is almost 3 years ago). In my opinion i see just a list of bug fixes, no great invention.

I would feel much better when there would be a fixed release cycle and at least small things released. So we can see somehow a 'real' progress.

Because what i also saw a lot in my live is projects developed over years and in the end not released..

But to be fair and honest.. i didnt spend to much time on researching. Its only about how often i have to update stuff on my servers (compared to other cryptos im owning).

Last edited:
But to be fair and honest.. i didnt spend to much time on researching. Its only about how often i have to update stuff on my servers (compared to other cryptos im owning).

So some others cryptos where their CG and their developers are NOT paid by anyone, they update their versions faster than here in Dash where the DCG (that pays, among other things and developers) is a paid organization .

Lets not speak without proof.

Lets discover the above cryptos, and their bug rate in their releases, and IF it is true that they are not paid and they also have less bug rate in their releases, this will be yet another proof of the immense stupidity of the masternodes voters, who keep voting for the DCG leech.

Last edited:
Back