• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH community in Japan

Taiki

Hi my name is Taiki Asakawa, and I am very interested into bringing Japanese people together and talk about DASH potential in Japan. Japan is one of the most crypto friendly countries around the world and DASH has a great potential of being accepted as digital cash. I want to start a weekly DASH meetup and a DASH Embassy in Tokyo, which will generate a lot of interest and help develop a friendlier approach to how cryptocurrency can be the future of the economy.

What are we planning to do?
Our goal is to attract Japanese talent to the DASH community and help expand DASH throughout Asia. We have started our meetup group in Akihabara, a place with a lot of technology and geek culture, which would be ideal for many national and foreigners to come together.

We are targeting a meetup of 30 people on regular basis, hopefully financially independent or people looking to work on their companies and looking for opportunities in the cryptocurrency market. This will potentially benefit the DASH ecosystem by having more entrepreneurs/engineers and people participate in activities such as hackathons targeted to DASH.

With the Masternode help we can open up the country into what DASH is and how it can be used, we can also bring awareness to other Asian countries like Korea and Singapore. And partner with other crypto communities around Japan to improve the overall acceptance of blockchain technologies across the mainstream population. For our first stage we are budgeting some trips across Japan.

DASH HQ would work as a point of operation for the DASH community as well as a space to be able to do work including translations, development and business development. We want to provide a working space for people that want to work with DASH technology and help improve it.

Estimated Budget
DASH Embassy
Rent 12,000
Internet 300
Amenities 300
Furniture 5,500
Equipment 8,000
Total. 26,100

We plan to visit 3 different cities outside of Tokyo to bring DASH to the rest of Japan. Right now we are visiting these options: Yokohama Ohsaka Fukuoka and Sapporo

National Conferences
Traveling 3000
Hosteling 3000
Venues 5,000*
Total 11,000

3 Months 37,100 (115.85 DASH including 5 DASH for proposal)

Last edited:
Hi Taiki,
I think it's a great initiative, Japan is a key center in Asia and a very active in crypto market.

I think your proposal need more details, not just in the budget, that's what the community likes. For example:
  • How many participants do you expect to have,
  • what kind of audience,
  • what would be your agenda,
  • what do you want to look for? adoption? motivate POS development?
Also...Help us to know you, who you are?

Good luck!

Hi Taiki,
I think it's a great initiative, Japan is a key center in Asia and a very active in crypto market.

I think your proposal need more details, not just in the budget, that's what the community likes. For example:
  • How many participants do you expect to have,
  • what kind of audience,
  • what would be your agenda,
  • what do you want to look for? adoption? motivate POS development?
Also...Help us to know you, who you are?

Good luck!

Hi jesccs
Many thanks for your feedback.
I'm a Crypto enthusiast in Japan and like Dash in particular.
I'm pretty new to Dash community and still learning how Dash community works.

As mentioned in this discussion,

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/the-situation-in-japan.31816/#post-175892

the situation surrounding Dash is not good in my country. Japan government and people see Dash as just bad money laundering tool. I'd like to build a decent Dash community in Tokyo and change the way they see Dash. In the future I hope Japan government will put Dash in "white coin" list.

I have started weekly Dash meetup in Tokyo and discuss what to do.

Check out DASHジャパンミートアップ / DASH Japan Meetup
http://meetu.ps/c/3PS0d/4gqpv/a

After discussion I'll have more detailed proposal. Thanks

Dear Taiki

I have read your proposal and it has really seemed very good to me.

Some time ago I read about the situation in Japan in relation to Dash and I think it is important to do hard work in your country to wash the image of Dash and show people that Dash can have many benefits.

Also, I strongly believe that the Japanese market is one of the most important for cryptocurrencies since I have seen that they have a large number of transactions and movements of money related to the crypto market.

You have all the support of the Dash Guayana team for whatever you need.
Greetings.

Hello taiki, your proposal seems very good, considering that Japan is one of the countries with the greatest potential for the world of cryptocurrencies. What most strikes me is the intention you have that people accept "Dash" and see it as a real and effective payment method and not as a way to launder money.

On the other hand I would like to know in what way you will attract people to the dash community, social networks, talks? The content of the information that you will provide to new users and interested is fundamental and I would like to know more about it

I am also new to the community and I think if you can educate the Japanese about the use of dash and cryptocurrencies eventually countries around the world will follow it

Greetings from Caracas, Venezuela...

Hi Taiki, I wish you good luck with your proposal! If you are looking for some tasks that your embassy could work on, promising to contribute to the Japanese translation of the wallets and documentation at https://www.transifex.com/dash/ would be very helpful and could maybe help you gather some votes :)

Dear Taiki

I have read your proposal and it has really seemed very good to me.

Some time ago I read about the situation in Japan in relation to Dash and I think it is important to do hard work in your country to wash the image of Dash and show people that Dash can have many benefits.

Also, I strongly believe that the Japanese market is one of the most important for cryptocurrencies since I have seen that they have a large number of transactions and movements of money related to the crypto market.

You have all the support of the Dash Guayana team for whatever you need.
Greetings.

Hi Ezio, many thanks for Your feedback. Situation in Japan in relation to privacy coins such as Dash, Monero and Zcash is not good at all. Unfortunately people here avoid then like pest. I'll do whatever it takes to wash negative image of Dash. Thanks

Hello taiki, your proposal seems very good, considering that Japan is one of the countries with the greatest potential for the world of cryptocurrencies. What most strikes me is the intention you have that people accept "Dash" and see it as a real and effective payment method and not as a way to launder money.

On the other hand I would like to know in what way you will attract people to the dash community, social networks, talks? The content of the information that you will provide to new users and interested is fundamental and I would like to know more about it

I am also new to the community and I think if you can educate the Japanese about the use of dash and cryptocurrencies eventually countries around the world will follow it

Greetings from Caracas, Venezuela...

Hi Luis, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately there is no community here in Japan at the moment but I found some great open minded people in other cryptocurrencies/blockchain meetups. I thought I could convince them to invite to the Dash Japan community which I'm gradually building. At the moment I'm trying to increase the number of people who have interest in Dash.

Hi Taiki, I wish you good luck with your proposal! If you are looking for some tasks that your embassy could work on, promising to contribute to the Japanese translation of the wallets and documentation at https://www.transifex.com/dash/ would be very helpful and could maybe help you gather some votes :)

Hi Strophy, thanks. I almost finished my translation of Dash Brochure. I'll move on to next translation tasks.

I undrstand the situation in your country, center of cryptocurrecies in the world, the NEM hack on coincheck and more play us negatively. I think thtat the development across Blockchain and cryptocurrencies don't have brake and that success is only being expected.

Mt. gox among other unfortunate events are necessary to deal with experience and dino the obstacles and in general what the future holds, even with its very painful facts that represent loss of money for many people.

I work hard from the legal area in Venezuela to provide solutions and certainty to this nascent and exciting market and I know that what is needed is people willing to take the reins and lead a new technological revolution. And finally, this seems me a great iniciative, count with my support of whatever you need.

Regards from Guayana, Venezuela.

I undrstand the situation in your country, center of cryptocurrecies in the world, the NEM hack on coincheck and more play us negatively. I think thtat the development across Blockchain and cryptocurrencies don't have brake and that success is only being expected.

Mt. gox among other unfortunate events are necessary to deal with experience and dino the obstacles and in general what the future holds, even with its very painful facts that represent loss of money for many people.

I work hard from the legal area in Venezuela to provide solutions and certainty to this nascent and exciting market and I know that what is needed is people willing to take the reins and lead a new technological revolution. And finally, this seems me a great iniciative, count with my support of whatever you need.

Regards from Guayana, Venezuela.

Many thanks for your support, Carlos
As you mentioned, Japanese people suffered two huge loss by Mt Gox and the NEM Hack.
Now Japanese FSA see the privacy coins such Dash, Monero and Zcash as the money for criminals. Adoption rate of Dash is going to near zero. We have to do something to change the way people see Dash here.

Japan has the world’s most advanced network of self-service vending machines. If you can incorporate a dash payment system will bring great changes。Is it possible to consider contacting those manufacturers about sprinting?

Japan has the world’s most advanced network of self-service vending machines. If you can incorporate a dash payment system will bring great changes。Is it possible to consider contacting those manufacturers about sprinting?
Hi sasababy, there are currently about 5.52 million vending machines nationwide. Annual sales from vending machines reach almost 6.95 trillion JPY (= 65 billion USDollar)
https://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/indepth/cultural/hj/vendingmachines.html
I really wish to incorporate Dash payment system in near future. At the moment I think that it is important to firstly have Dash community here in Japan.

Back