• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash bug?

I read that dash inherited a bug from litecoin when it forked.

Can someone explain what bug this is and has it been fixed?

It inherited quite a lot of bugs from LTC, that codebase isn't pretty! The bug you're talking about was in the coin emission rate calculations. It was actually a bad patch that addressed the symptoms of the bug (rather than finding and fixing the bug). It caused very high coin emission when released, it was patched fairly quickly but caused a spike at the start of coin emission. Other projects got caught out by the same bug, very few choose to port the Litecoin codebase these days!

Are there any current bugs in the dash today or has everything been good? Really wondering about the security of this coin and also the future of this coin.

These forums are very inactive nobody talks about dash really. It was always one of my favorites these past handful of years though.

Are there any current bugs in the dash today or has everything been good? Really wondering about the security of this coin and also the future of this coin.

These forums are very inactive nobody talks about dash really. It was always one of my favorites these past handful of years though.

As far as bugs go, there are no major bugs that affect coin security that have surfaced, very unlikely there is an exploitable
vulnerability in layer 1.

Most Dash users prefer live chat formats like Discord or Telegram, you can find links to those in the left menu tab.

Last edited:

Join testing and a lot of conversation happens in github and discord where we find and repair any software bugs, there are bounties that payout in dash

Last edited:
I have looked over the general setup of Dash, and I'm convinced that it's very hardened. I believe their technical documentation is solid.

I needed to write a script to convince me that choices for DIP0008 were secure. I added a section called "calculations" to share the results of that analysis with the community. If you like, you can watch this video as an introduction to the technical specifications, motivations, and security. The video assumes you have not read Satoshi's paper. If you have read Satoshi's paper maybe skip 11 minutes ahead, start at slide 8.

Edit: You can find the slides here: https://www.darrentapp.com/pdfs/Dash-Consensus.pdf

Last edited:
It seems to me that this platform is reliable enough to tie some work issues to it.

Last edited:
Back