• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Bloodbath (Lock MN collateral blockchain-wide, spend more budget funds on dev)

My mistake then. I thought that was the purpose, Amanda said so in one of her vids :).

Nonetheless, it isn't a bad idea to consider. Once Dash begins to get used by a large part of the population, or multiple countries (if it gets there), it wouldn't be bad to consider queue's for retrieving MN funds, or a set time to do so.

It doesn't make sense to me Masternodes can sell they're coins and plunge the price 50% overnight. If that happened to the dollar overnight, you'd have riots and looting the next day.

Make sense?

Dude... we didn't care the the price when up 3000%, we also don't care that the price is down 50%. We are in for the ** long term **. You're the only one panicking here, calm down.

I thought the point of masternodes was to provide a service to the network and assist in mixing and instant send. Price and value are secondary to this and not the driving force of a masternode. Locking masternodes from selling is wrong and will have many negative effects on many levels and it's not a well thought out idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A family member of mine wanted to invest 50k in Dash. After having seen this price drop, he took his money and put it in stocks.
At all time highs, it may not be such a wise move. Dollar cost average on the Dash pull backs is my strategy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

My mistake then. I thought that was the purpose, Amanda said so in one of her vids :).

DASH: Detailed + New Weekly 'Spotlight' Series 2017-05-19 03:27:04 215 Dash
Proposal: Core Team Salaries (April) 2017-04-19 21:36:33 397 Dash

Advertising costs half the price of development!

This is a very bad sign, and the reason why dash fall.
Who wants to invest in a advertised bubble?
They didnt even pay for a decent installation script!

Last edited:
DASH: Detailed + New Weekly 'Spotlight' Series 2017-05-19 03:27:04 215 Dash
Proposal: Core Team Salaries (April) 2017-04-19 21:36:33 397 Dash

Advertising costs half the price of development!

This is a very bad sign, and the reason why dash fall.
Who wants to invest in a advertised bubble?
They didnt even pay for a decent installation script!

That's insane. Didn't notice that.

You are forgetting that the Dash Detailed proposal is from the time when Dash was worth less than 30$ and April Salaries proposal is from the time when Dash was worth more than 80$

You are forgetting that the Dash Detailed proposal is from the time when Dash was worth less than 30$ and April Salaries proposal is from the time when Dash was worth more than 80$

This is the fault of the masternodes. Why did they approved such a proposal?
Why one marketeer to get paid half the salary of all the core team?

Dash is still highly centralized, 10-20 people who own a lot of masternodes decide everything here. And those masternode operators who hold most of the voting power are either stupids, or blinded by the money they suddently got, or just indifferent about the future of Dash. They are already rich, so why care about Dash? The advertised bubble will explode one day into the hands of the new generation of Dashers who invested money on it, instead of investing time to fix the stupidity of this community.

This is the sad truth.

Last edited:
This is the fault of the masternodes. Why did they approved such a proposal?
Dash is still highly centralized, 10-20 people decide everything here.
And the masternodes who vote are stupid.
This is the sad truth.
Why?
When the proposal was approved, it was priced fairly.

When the proposal is evaluated, the fiat price of Dash is always considered, but the Dash network can only create Dash, not USD.

Why?
When the proposal was approved, it was priced fairly.

When the proposal is evaluated, the fiat price of Dash is always considered, but the Dash network can only create Dash, not USD.

It is because the masternodes dont vote the numbers. It is the fault of the governance system itself. And it is the fault of the masternodes who refuse to vote for the research and the development of a decent governance system, but they insist of spending the budget money for advertisers and marketeers.

Most of the voting power resides in the hand of the old Dash guard (the generation of 2014-2016) who dont care too much about the future of Dash, at least not as much as the new Dash generation and investors do. The old Dash guard they just want to exchange their Dash to fiat and get rich. Most of them they are already rich, and they dont care at all. The remaing old guard having this short term goal of becoming rich, they prefer to invest in the short term and futile advertising (that attracts the innocent and naive new generation and makes the bubble inflates) , rather than invest in the long term research and development.

Last edited:
You don't understand how the system works then. The Dash is created and distributed to the proposal holders automatically by the Dash system. Nobody hands out the money manually.
Dash system is not aware of any other currency, so it cannot take it into account. Also, linking it to any other currency would be extremely wrong and completely contrary to the basic function of the cryptocurrency system.

Back