• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Bloodbath (Lock MN collateral blockchain-wide, spend more budget funds on dev)

The Masternode system looks like isn't working as intended. The purpose is for the price to be more stable but this price drop has proven Dash is far from that. Make it so that Masternodes can't retrieve they're Dash from they're wallets for 1.5 months or have a queue (eg. 500 MN can sell per month), or both a wait time and a queue.

Problem solved.

*Edit*: I got many disagrees and dislikes but apparently some people now are taking notice of this, great. There's a lot of things mentioned in this thread "worthy to take a look at" imo.

I created another thread called: "Observations, ideas, proposals and constructive criticism." - that mentions a few other things that should or could be taken into consideration.

But anyways, I'm just a noob, I'm not a hacker, coder whatever. So I'm not able to gauge the level of effort developers put into the Dash project.

Cheers.

"Also, could you guys give that Coinbase or Gdax announcement already"? :'(

Last edited:
not sure if this is supposed to be funny or not :rolleyes:
traders trade and do trade so the price rises and falls as with any currency
zoom out to a 1 month view and u get a "better" picture what is going on / where we came from / where we are now

stable
definitely is
come on a drop of 5 bucks is no "sky falling" :D

Locking MN's for 1 month ? (100% do not agree) + this would not help anyway as next month they can sell as they want (as they can now already , which is good)

u better get used to it - what goes up - must come down - and vice versa ;)

If you lock funds in masternodes they turn into a much more riskier investment. People would desire them less, they would buy less Dash and the price would go down. Let the market do its thing, you can't control it even if you try. It raised the price a lot. Now it's gone down. Both things will keep happening.

Pro tip: don't look at the market too much. If you believe in Dash, buy and focus on helping instead of checking the price. If you don't... well, then you are wrong and I won't give you more tips :)

If you lock funds in masternodes they turn into a much more riskier investment. People would desire them less, they would buy less Dash and the price would go down. Let the market do its thing, you can't control it even if you try. It raised the price a lot. Now it's gone down. Both things will keep happening.

Pro tip: don't look at the market too much. If you believe in Dash, buy and focus on helping instead of checking the price. If you don't... well, then you are wrong and I won't give you more tips :)

The less masternodes, the higher the Dash payout because miners have to divide payments between less people. It would balance out.

If you think about it, and you are dash.org, whats the point of having a masternode system when masternodes can sell at any time? That makes no sense. If I as a masternode can sell right now, and set my masternode tomorrow if I feel like it, I can. How is this supposed to make the price of Dash more stable (the purpose of masternodes in the first place)?

I can care less about the money, I'm interested in the long-term. My point is the above mentioned. So then why do I care? If the price of Dash rose because of less supply (due to Masternodes) and now is falling hard because all that buying pressure is reversing, how does that keep the market confident that Dash would not have a hard selloff after a rally?

So if I were a regular investor purchasing say, 10k USD in Dash, I would hope for the price not to crash after a rally. I would want slow and steady movements. But the current system allows it so that, at any time, Masternodes can drop all they're coins on the market at any given second. This does not instill confidence in me as a "regular investor", see my point?

You can have a queue for Masternodes to retrieve funds from a wallet, or a given time like say a month, or a combination of both.

This price drop after the strong rally is very embarrassing. If you are an outsider, you would be very scared buying Dash now and in the future because of nasty selloffs like these.

zoom out to a 1 month view and u get a "better" picture what is going on / where we came from / where we are now

stable
definitely is

Locking MN's for 1 month ? (100% do not agree) + this would not help anyway as next month they can sell as they want (as they can now already , which is good)

A family member of mine wanted to invest 50k in Dash. After having seen this price drop, he took his money and put it in stocks.

stable
definitely is

If this isn't fixed, next time the price pumps to $100 or more, I will definitely be one of the first to trade and sell my Masternode for profits. And be a part of the group that makes the price unstable.

stable
definitely is

If Dash.org wants to be a currency for the masses, these things can't happen. You don't see the dollar drop 40% in 2 weeks. The british pound didn't drop that much when the Brexit vote happened, and it was all over the news.

Starting to wonder when Dash is gonna bottom out. Will be forced to sell at $50 to take at least a profit of 5k. Dash is looking like Pascal :/.

The Masternode system looks like isn't working as intended. The purpose is for the price to be more stable but this price drop has proven Dash is far from that. Make it so that Masternodes can't retrieve they're Dash from they're wallets for 1 month or have a queue, or both.

Problem solved.
Sorry Dude, but I have to disagree. The "unstable price" isn't due to masternodes selling up or new masternodes coming on-line, it is due to traders getting involved.
It will take time for the price to stabilize and if you lock too much away in masternodes then the price will be more unstable due to lack of available funds.
It isn't the store of value you are looking for quite yet, that will take a decade if it grows as we would like.

Last edited:
Starting to wonder when Dash is gonna bottom out. Will be forced to sell at $50 to take at least a profit of 5k. Dash is looking like Pascal :/.
It's your type that is causing instability. I bought at $2, I have held ever since. If everyone did what I did, the price would creep up nice and steady. You trading types are the problem you seem to be complaining about.

It's your type that is causing instability. I bought at $2, I have held ever since. If everyone did what I did, the price would creep up nice and steady. You trading types are the problem you seem to be complaining about.

I'm not gonna take a net loss. Got bills to pay.

Sorry Dude, but I have to disagree. The "unstable price" isn't due to masternodes selling up or new masternodes coming on-line, it is due to traders getting involved.
It will take time for the price to stabilize and if you lock too much away in masternodes then the price will be more unstable because due to lack of available funds.
It isn't the store of value you are looking for quite yet, that will take a decade if it grows as we would like.
I agree, I actually believe it's traders too. AND correction was to be expected. If you are looking at dash as an investment it's a long term bull hold, as it's returns year over year have been far better than other cryptos. Buy all the way down to 50$ then watch the magic happen!

Btw when it does get down to 50 any scared masternode holders that want to sell, feel free to contact me. I thought the point of a masternode was to be invested in dash, not to be worried about a little healthy market action.

@Anonymous Dude You've quoted me several times, so I'll answer here:

Masternodes are not the problem, the number of actives ones have been pretty stable:
http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html
Drops happen mostly around updates because people fail to update on time. The big drop in March is the DDOS attack.

And masternodes are not there to stabilize the price, they are there, first, to provide a service to the network. Anyway, as I said, they are not the ones selling.

Check the volume, it is not specially high.

If you say that this looks bad and reflects bad on Dash, then you have not been around enough. All huge price increases are followed by a correction. The magic secret is knowing where it ends, and nobody does. I bough years ago. Do I wish I had sold a few ago so I could buy back more coins today? of course, but if had done that a few days early then I would have missed the rest of the ride up.

Seriously, relax. It is much healthier for you and your wallet.

Back