• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH at Anarchapulco

Howdy! Indeed it is official.

I also have a working template for the speech. I'm not sure I can do all these topics justice in 20 minutes, but I'll try! I'm also very much open to shaping the content of my speech and presentation before we get there, so here it is. Its basically comparing DASH to Bitcoin and perhaps tangentially or directly to the USD.

Instant X VS RBF and zero confirmations

Darksend VS wallet based privacy on bitcoin

DASH Governance VS no governance system, or externally funded development

Masternodes VS charity nodes.

Mining x11 vs Bitcoin mining.

Granted the above are very complex topics, but I do pride my self on being to explain complex topics. Never the less, it might be too much to cover and might go over some people's heads. So feel free to help me filter the most important topics to cover.

More coming soon.

Is this crowd tech savvy?

Or should we go for the "paypal of crypto" angle and keep things not so technical?

The main point to keep emphasising is "Bitcoin can't do that!".

not nessacery
i see it more like :

Anarcho / Libertarians/... ready to join a new country based on code ?
no need to trust 3rd parties , governments or regulators !
decentralised anonymous voting, anonymity in transactions, IX transactions, freedom in your finances, funded by blockchain,....
:wink:

Is this crowd tech savvy?

Or should we go for the "paypal of crypto" angle and keep things not so technical?
Its not primarily a tech conference, so while there will be a goo proportion of bitcoin people, maybe 25%, I expect there to be a good amount of people that actually are looking to learn about why they should invest in crypto and how to use it.

If it was like last year. If you take a look at the speaker list, you'll see it covers a lot of topics

not nessacery
i see it more like :

Anarcho / Libertarians/... ready to join a new country based on code ?
no need to trust 3rd parties , governments or regulators !
decentralised anonymous voting, anonymity in transactions, IX transactions, freedom in your finances, funded by blockchain,....
yeah, but the question in their mind will be 'why not use bitcoin instead? way more places to spend it' so we have to point out that ours is better money. Thats really what DASH has going for it. Its way better money and its strong enough to have a good chance at going big.

yeah, but the question in their mind will be 'why not use bitcoin instead? way more places to spend it' so we have to point out that ours is better money. Thats really what DASH has going for it. Its way better money and its strong enough to have a good chance at going big.

Point out that we have decentralization at the heart of everything and thats why we have a voting system, which can steer Dash into being the only fully decentralized solution out there if we play out cards right.

We can vote centralization out of the system altogether with the voting system.... combined with a budget?!?!

we have a decentralized governance platform that actually works, as long as we use it right. What better a community to get in early than this crowd?

Exactly!

Privacy? Bitcoin can't do that.
Retail? Bitcoin can't do that.
Instant? Bitcoin can't do that.
Self funded? Bitcoin can't do that.
Self governing? Bitcoin can't do that.

Bitcoin is destined to be a settlement layer for Wall Street.
DASH is destined to be Digital Cash.

Exactly!

Privacy? Bitcoin can't do that.
Retail? Bitcoin can't do that.
Instant? Bitcoin can't do that.
Self funded? Bitcoin can't do that.
Self governing? Bitcoin can't do that.

Bitcoin is destined to be a settlement layer for Wall Street.
DASH is destined to be Digital Cash.

Yes. People like Trace Mayer have this dream of turning Bitcoin into a gold alternative where transactions fees or instant transactions don't matter much. Just a place for people to park their cash just like any other commodity but the currency aspect is more interesting.

All fine and well but Bitcoin got where it is due to merchant adoption to a large extent. The merchant acceptance is what makes it useful and increases adoption and popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not primarily a tech conference, so while there will be a goo proportion of bitcoin people, maybe 25%, I expect there to be a good amount of people that actually are looking to learn about why they should invest in crypto and how to use it.

If it was like last year. If you take a look at the speaker list, you'll see it covers a lot of topics

I just emailed u the Handout as a pdf file (again)

Sorry for noticing this thread so late but I AM ATTENDING this conference. I am flying down to Acapulco tomorrow and will be there for the entire conference and investment workshops. Anything that I can do to help please let me know.

I saw the official schedule last night with Galt doing a speech on DASH and became very excited!! I believe there will be a lot of new interest in DASH from attendees that are not up to speed on the crypto-sphere.

Sorry for noticing this thread so late but I AM ATTENDING this conference. I am flying down to Acapulco tomorrow and will be there for the entire conference and investment workshops. Anything that I can do to help please let me know.

I saw the official schedule last night with Galt doing a speech on DASH and became very excited!! I believe there will be a lot of new interest in DASH from attendees that are not up to speed on the crypto-sphere.

Pass out some Dash "referral cards" you can pick up a small set of 250 for like 20-30 bucks max at some local print shop! I will gladly make a card design for you to get printed!

Some of us donated some on top of what was raised from the budget proposal so that Juan can also hand out some flyers and brochures. Go ahead and ask JuanSGalt https://twitter.com/JuanSGalt if he needs any help with handing out flyers or with some other stuff.

I sent Juan a pm and I am sure I will bump into him at the conference so if he needs any help I will do what I can.

I am no expert on DASH but certainly can relay my interest in it to others that are not aware of DASH. The majority of the people attending are self-proclaimed anarchists or libertarians but most likely not well informed on crypto currencies outside of bitcoin.

The guys from The Crypto Show out of Austin, TX will be there. They have interviewed Evan and mentioned DASH numerous times on the show. They will be doing a bunch of interviews... if I see these guys I will suggest they interview Juan on the subject of DASH.

I sent Juan a pm and I am sure I will bump into at the conference so if he needs any help I will do what I can.

I am no expert on DASH but certainly can relay my interest in it to others that are not aware of DASH. The majority of the people attending are self-proclaimed anarchists or libertarians but most likely not well informed on crypto currencies outside of bitcoin.

The guys from The Crypto Show out of Austin, TX will be there. They have interviewed Evan and mentioned DASH numerous times on the show. They will doing a bunch of interviews... if I see these guys I will suggest they interview Juan on the subject of DASH.

GREAT IDEA!

Every person who values privacy and freedom should be super interested in Dash. More eyeballs = more users

Back