• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash air drop - best strategy ever

Dashmaximalist

Can we' do an air drop of say 10 $ per person .. $5 when you sign up and 5 for referring others .

Download dash wallet , verify your number using OTP sent, boom you got 5 and refer your buddies to get another 5 for each referral

Go and use it on a nearby coffee shop which should be shown on dash merchant map in the app.

I reckon this is the best marketing strategy out there

P.S I want to talk about India specifically here ( as i am bit more familar about it ). India has stringent checks for getting a SIM, and we can use this to our full advantage

In India , you need to give your SSN ( equivalent ) and put your thumbprint to register your SIM card and you only get 5 per person , so basically very little chance of getting fake accounts if we use OTP verification

i have good marketing chops with various colleges and companies in India and can use that to get 100,000 sign ups per month or more

Having said that, for india we can cut down the air drop to $4 per person, $2 for sign up and $2 for referral

Again the key here is getting some good number of merchants who accept dash as well, then it will spread like wild fire

Last edited:
i did some giveaways to brazil - spanish communities back in the day based on your idea and had to stop that super quick again as it was the same 5 guys signing in again and again :rolleyes:

Can we' do an air drop of say 10 $ per person .. $5 when you sign up and 5 for referring others .

Download dash wallet , verify your number , boom you got 5 and refer your buddies to get another 5 for each referral

Go and use it on a nearby coffee shop which should be shown on dash merchant map in the app.

I reckon this is the best marketing strategy out there

The answer is proof of individuality

India has one of the most stringent checks for getting a SIM, and we can use this to our full advantage
in India , you need to give your SSN ( equivalent ) and put your thumbprint to register your SIM card and you only get 5 per person , so basically very little chance of getting fake accounts if we use OTP verification

I am not entirely sure I understand. Are you proposing that this would take place in India only? How would you make sure it stays regional? I'm not saying it's a bad idea per-se, I just don't see how you could simultaneously get a large enough audience to make a difference and a robust enough spam filter to prevent abuse.

i am not saying this should be india specific ,but i am talking of ease of implementing this in India, i am sure others can talk about differnt geographies they find interesting.

hainvg said that , we can surely make it geography specific if we want to by setting a filter on the app store , and by allowing country specific phone numbers etc

Last edited:
Financial incentives do not last, long-term - and create goals that may not align with the vision... in this case, gaming the system would be more important than holding/using Dash to *some users*, and those users would ruin it for everyone. Better to find an intrinsic motivation not tied to financials. Prestige, social status, recognition, and other such social rewards are MUCH more valuable long-term.

all those would come lil later, until people have atleast used dash once we cant get the big platforms to be used by people unless people use big platform they don't have a instrinsic need for dash

its chicken and egg problem

why do you think all big companies give lil bit of financial incentives to new customers ?

its marketing 101

Psychology 101: https://www.boundless.com/psycholog...-intrinsic-vs-extrinsic-motivation-252-12787/

This must grow organically - too much influx of the masses is going to cause the opposite of what I believe we want as an ecosystem. If there is no *where* to *use* Dash then people who acquire Dash in this way are incentivized to "hook in their friends" for the simple reason of financial incentive. What kinds of people do this activity the most? Sales people, Marketing people, Amway style... I do NOT want these kinds of "sales people" being the majority representation of Dash. That's what is STILL happening with that shit-coin "OneCoin". They use these exact methods, and I among many people DETEST these methods and the people vehemently subscribe who proselytize them.

While I will acknowledge that PayPal (by comparison) offered free "helicoptor money" in this way - it was done AFTER they had full connection to the banking system, rigorous internal processes, *and bandwidth* to handle a massive influx of users. I might support a *minor* incentive once we have these things in place.

Buying users doesn't work.

Stop vocusing on the spender, start focusing on the vendor.

Adoption lies in the 50% of the marketplace that crypto has thus far ignored because it's a bunch of snowflakes that doesn't grasp that commerce takes two parties.

The buyer.

The seller.

The seller has been completely ignored. So, half of the transaction is missing. The normies only think about spending, and they can't spend it anywhere. So, they're not adopting it. Because crypoto has failed to realize that the normies won't use what the normies can't spend. Use = Spend in their minds.

Cater to the vendors. Start doing what vendors want. Then the normies will be able to spend. So, they'll use it. There's your fuckin' adoption. The DASH logo will be on every retail checkout counter. There's your marketing. And it's free. Trying to buy more users only proves how desperate to keep doing the wrong half of this is getting... You will not attract more users by continuing to be unusable. Cater to the Vendors and the normies will follow.

Why is this so hard to understand?

DASH has let the killer feature that can enable this, rot on the vine for 2 years. Competitors are picking it up because DASH has lost it's way and failed to capitalize on it's own invention.

The top-down total control approach might work, eventually, someday. But, you'll be old news by the time you do it...

Adoption lies in the 50% of the marketplace that crypto has thus far ignored because it's a bunch of snowflakes that doesn't grasp that commerce takes two parties.

The buyer.

The seller.

The seller has been completely ignored. So, half of the transaction is missing. The normies only think about spending, and they can't spend it anywhere. So, they're not adopting it. Because crypoto has failed to realize that the normies won't use what the normies can't spend. Use = Spend in their minds.

Cater to the vendors. Start doing what vendors want. Then the normies will be able to spend. So, they'll use it. There's your fuckin' adoption. The DASH logo will be on every retail checkout counter. There's your marketing. And it's free. Trying to buy more users only proves how desperate to keep doing the wrong half of this is getting... You will not attract more users by continuing to be unusable. Cater to the Vendors and the normies will follow.

DASH has let the killer feature that can enable this, rot on the vine for 2 years. Competitors are picking it up because DASH has lost it's way and failed to capitalize on it's own invention.

The top-down total control approach might work, eventually, someday. But, you'll be old news by the time you do it...

Dash is slowly making gains here. Exchanges, Merchants, Banks, API integrations & Platforms. It's coming, and Dash has not abandoned vendors, and will not, as long as I can help it. For now we'll be ping-ponging between buyers and sellers in terms of our efforts to make "ends meet". :)

The buyer.

The seller.

great points on seller , but remember this

Sellers wont accept a currency out of blue , they need buyers who are willing to pay in that currency as well , so its actually chicken-and-egg problem again

like i said in the beginning we need to focus on merchants , we should show the nearby merchants right in a dash merchant map and let people spend their dash there

if 10% of your customers have dash most businesses would surely start accepting dash , but the other way is not true , if 10% of businesses accept dash most users will not acquire dash over night

customers are a much more important part of equation than merchants

great points on seller , but remember this

Sellers wont accept a currency out of blue , they need buyers who are willing to pay in that currency as well , so its actually chicken-and-egg problem again

like i said in the beginning we need to focus on merchants , we should show the nearby merchants right in a dash merchant map and let people spend their dash there

if 10% of your customers have dash most businesses would surely start accepting dash , but the other way is not true , if 10% of businesses accept dash most users will not acquire dash over night

customers are a much more important part of equation than merchants

So, what's the Merchant to Customer ratio?
Which is the smaller target?
What are the gains on one side that are produced by gains on the other?

I'll again ask the question on this thread that I've asked on others: has anyone run Montecarlo simulations to determine which side one gets the most bang for one's buck?
Is there a model that would be useful for such simulations for Dash?
I use these a lot in my line of work (Radio Network User Penetration/Traffic Load/Dimensioning), and I'm sure they could help Treasury spend decisions with the right model.
Montecarlo sims must have been used for many such chicken vs egg penetration problems that could be easily adapted to Dash's market.

monte carlo simulation , lets see

but heres the deal, when you get 10 people to use dash in whatever format , you get 1 serious dash lover , thats the way it works simple

when you sign up a million people to dash, it creates massive awareness of dash in that particular geography and we will see a flood of adoption happening and we can measure that using twitter etc

The key is getting say 5% of people signinup to dash wallets, its called hockey stick growth , from then on it could lift rather easily by itself

but getting the 5% adoption is the toughest part

@Dashmaximalist -- I'm working on something that might align somewhat with what you are proposing.

FundChan.com -- funded channel messaging

I am in the process of re-denominating FundChan from bitcoin to dash. It doesn't air-drop money, but it does provide a means of generating revenue ahead of actually acquiring dash.

PM me if it looks interesting to you.

monte carlo simulation , lets see

but heres the deal, when you get 10 people to use dash in whatever format , you get 1 serious dash lover , thats the way it works simple

when you sign up a million people to dash, it creates massive awareness of dash in that particular geography and we will see a flood of adoption happening and we can measure that using twitter etc

The key is getting say 5% of people signinup to dash wallets, its called hockey stick growth , from then on it could lift rather easily by itself

but getting the 5% adoption is the toughest part

That's assuming that the 5% signup will drive merchant adoption to the level you think will achieve the hockey stick takeoff.
It could do. But what if it doesn't?
What if all it does it create a temporary bubble in the Dash price that then collapses when people realise that their Dash is of no use to them because that is still not enough to drive merchant uptake.
That's why it's a chicken and egg problem.

Now, I'm not saying that increasing penetration on one side does not increase penetration on the other.
It can, though it depends upon the specifics of the usage cases, resistance levels, points of investment, etc.
And it is to maximise the return on the later, points of investment, where I think it's worth doing the math, sims, or whatever, to get the Treasury money spent the most wisely, that's all.

right ok , we can do all this , but we need a wallet app that can do the referrals once we have that we can go full speed on marketing

I agree there should be a focus on getting in every POS retail / ecommerce situation possible. Like where is the simple code I can add to a website to accept Dash? If it is there and easy why don't I know about it?

What is this killer feature that is rotting?

Back