• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash AeroSports Sponsorship and Businesses Developement

I think RGXDK doesn’t really understand marketing. I would love him to put his money where his mouth is and explain what he’s done to further advance dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think RGXDK doesn’t really understand marketing. I would love him to put his money where his mouth is and explain what he’s done to further advance dash.

Yeah, when acidburn gets called out by the lack of arguments, and still have none, his only choice is to double down on the ad hominem attacks. How is it that someone like you is part of the Core team?

I agree with RGXDK. People will use dash for technology, not for ads. We need to focus on new features development. If we will promote dash without development it will be a bubble. But i think all of dash holders want to make dash more robust.
Maybe DashRacer have good intentions but i think it will be a waste of budget and i personally vote NO.

What @RGXDK has done to advance Dash is irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

@Twilight Miner if there was a proposal that would bring about faster or higher quality development then I would be all ears. If you are asking MNOs to focus on something else then where is it? Who should we throw money at? The size of the core team has already exploded in the last several months, and there is a limit to how fast an organization/team can onboard people before it becomes detrimental to progress. They will onboard more people whenever the situation calls for it and they are able. If other developers outside of core think they can contribute then they will (and have already) propose things, which will get funded if they are good. Saying the MNOs need to focus on development instead, doesn't make sense in this context.

As I said on Discord I would rather see most proposals limited to 3 months unless there is a good reason to have them longer, this is simply due to the rising price. I also said I would like to see them going month to month rather than one 3 month proposal but after thinking about what you said I think a single 3 month proposal would be fine for this type of proposal.

Is there any leftover funds (Rollover) from the last proposal cycle?
Any kind of accounting budget for how funds were spent would also be helpful.

Looking forward to seeing the bus and everything at the Miami Bitcoin conference. A live video feed would be really cool!

The size of the core team has already exploded in the last several months, and there is a limit to how fast an organization/team can onboard people before it becomes detrimental to progress.

You have created a bunch of salary slaves! This is not quality development! Thats why evolution delays.
You have to create the appropriate enviroment which will allow free developers and free testers to compete eachother.

What @RGXDK has done to advance Dash is irrelevant to the topic being discussed.

@Twilight Miner if there was a proposal that would bring about faster or higher quality development then I would be all ears. If you are asking MNOs to focus on something else then where is it? Who should we throw money at? The size of the core team has already exploded in the last several months, and there is a limit to how fast an organization/team can onboard people before it becomes detrimental to progress. They will onboard more people whenever the situation calls for it and they are able. If other developers outside of core think they can contribute then they will (and have already) propose things, which will get funded if they are good. Saying the MNOs need to focus on development instead, doesn't make sense in this context.

You say that core team has exploded. But i dont see any active development at github.

I am a new member but my point of view that such kind of ads will be just budget coins burning. If some things are made for budget money we at lest MUST see previous results. But we even dont have previous videos. It is ridiculous if someone want to vote YES without checking results of last campaigns and accounting.

Maybe you want to ask what i did for for dash? So far not much. But i try to figure our how to improve dash core services like mixing. Now investigating how to make it faster: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/slow-mixing-what-is-the-reason.18072/

I think it is much more important for dash growth than ads.

You say that core team has exploded. But i dont see any active development at github.

Well, then you really don't know much about Dash Development. Most of which is focused on Evolution and so far all of that is in private repositories so others can't copy our code that easily. Of course it will be made open-source shortly before release.

Also more generly:
Early investments might not be maximally efficient but if they help build our momentum which I think they do then they are worth it. Of course, if there were better proposals out there then I would vote for those over the less efficient ones but since they don't exist I can only vote for those that do. And not using all the funds we have available is just stupid.

Well, then you really don't know much about Dash Development. Most of which is focused on Evolution and so far all of that is in private repositories so others can't copy our code that easily. Of course it will be made open-source shortly before release.

Maybe yes. As i have said i am new. But i dont see any clear roadmap, milestones etc. So far i cannot be sure about development cycle. Perhaps you are one of the chosen who have access to private things, but i am not. And i believe most of the rest MNO.

Listen everyone, we are all here because we want the best for Dash. I do not doubt that Scott has good intentions and you all have good intentions to vote for his proposal. However we are a business and we make investments based on logic and reason, especially because it is not your money.

Let's give Scott $90,000 a month because:
  • He flys a plane at an airshow with 1 million people watching
  • He is enthusiastic and dedicated to Dash
  • He has a VR buss with a Dash video
  • He talks all day about Dash
  • He "brought in" 5 unnamed businesses
None of these things are arguments. Here are a few things that are:
  • Cost of acquisition is measurable OR and disproportionally now ( < $1)
  • He brought in these X well known businesses and everyone can check and verify
  • The proposal's cost is insignificant compared to the exposure (i.e. $3,000 for TV appearances, shows, radio, interviews etc).

I am trying to persuade you NOT to vote for this proposal (whatever this proposal is, Scott hasn't defined it) because you don't have any factual evidence to vote yes. If you do, please by all means post it here and I'll be happy to change my mind.

LOL I made a similar comment as Yaksha under his budget proposal. I swear people approve the dumbest things because they sound cool... disappointing to not have my own MN. The cost of acquisition and exposure going this route is just too high - you're better off putting it in internet ads.

upload_2017-11-19_8-31-4.png

Maybe yes. As i have said i am new. But i dont see any clear roadmap, milestones etc. So far i cannot be sure about development cycle. Perhaps you are one of the chosen who have access to private things, but i am not. And i believe most of the rest MNO.

Is new; owns a MN. What am I DOING WRONG?! xD Lol

Also it makes sense for the repository to be private - besides, they've been updating us with progress recently so thats good.

Also it makes sense for the repository to be private
Of course it makes sense. They just cant use this privacy as an argument that their work continues as promised. Privacy means that they may have finished their job, but also means they may have done nothing.

Last edited:
Of course it makes sense. They just cant use this privacy as an argument that their work continues as promised. Privacy means that they may have finished their job, but also means they may have done nothing.

That's fair

committed on Aug 17...
dont you think it is a little bit rotten already? "exploded" core team should at least keep such things up to date
I agree that it should be updated asap.
But those of us that follow the core teams reports are well aware of the progress that is being made.

Back