• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash address pubkey with the word inside

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Staff member
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Hello,

I saw some people have their btc addresses which contains their nicknames and saw as well that some user use the same idea for the dash addresses.

Anybody have any idea how to do that? :)

This is so cool.

I meant this: 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc

it is btc address of otoh....

It's going to run real slow on anything, you're basically going through the same process as brute forcing encryption.
Hmmmm is it worth of the sweat than?
Would be great to have masternodes addresses with cool names ;)

Would be great to have masternodes addresses with cool names ;)
I have proposed before that MNs be identified on the network by a masternodepubkey instead of an IP address, which isn't actually needed for anything. No technical reason why not as it's the same tech that the masternodeprivkey system uses, but Evan seems set on the fixed-IP model. Anyway, OT...

I have proposed before that MNs be identified on the network by a masternodepubkey instead of an IP address, which isn't actually needed for anything. No technical reason why not as it's the same tech that the masternodeprivkey system uses, but Evan seems set on the fixed-IP model. Anyway, OT...
[offtopic]
They are identified by vins internally actually now so it's just for rpc output. But soon rpc output will have a short version of vin as a key too https://github.com/dashpay/dash/com...d3f#diff-5b3ee4ae31c42258e455ac00fa11e83dR771 so should be a bit more consistent.
Also suppose you have XYouNameDfdfdsfklsdfofsodnfosdinf as mn pubkey - you can do "masternodelist pubkey YouName" or "masternodelist full YouName" and get a filtered list right from rpc.
[/offtopic]

Hmm why is it slow for you? Moocowmoo can run this really fast in just minutes on his linux machine. I haven't asked him more about it.
I was running it on a lowest tier Azure server. I should really test on something with a bit more muscle.

Anything with 2-3 characters was only seconds. Anything higher 6 went to days. I tried 13 characters and it said something like 2.157e, which I'm guessing is longer than I have left to live.:grin:

Back