• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend lost coins what happened

Why does a "core developer" think salvaging the wallet will somehow reverse a transaction on the blockchain?
because i know what happened

but as you dont listen and refuse to share details and keep insulting i'm not further interested in wasting my time in this thread. i'm leaving.

if you really want your coins back, find someone who explains you how a keypool works, how darksend denominations work and how to recover your messed up wallet.

good night, dude.

"because i know what happened

but as you dont listen and refuse to share details and keep insulting i'm not further interested in wasting my time in this thread. i'm leaving.

if you really want your coins back, find someone who explains you how a keypool works, how darksend denominations work and how to recover your messed up wallet.

good night, dude."

Was I being insulting? I was insulted by a member by being childish which was ironic because his post read:

"With stupid childish claims like this you will only mange to get banned"

I provided my transaction ID, the details of my install and where I got the client. Yet that wasn't enough?

"because i know what happened

good night, dude."

So without doing anything but putting money in and clicking a button, my wallet is broken and my money is unusable. This is a feature or a bug?

Also censorship includes not letting people talk not just not deleting the posts, you can look it up yourself.

Making software this unstable and this unusable is why Darkcoin is failing, stop adding new features and make the current client not just suddenly break and lose 1k DRK. How about that for a suggestion?

I would be happy to share screenshots, what would be best to see the transaction history page?

I don't own any of the addresses it was supposed to send back to. And why would it let me initiate it if I didn't have enough of a keypool generated? This seems like basic features that should have been considered when writing the software.

I pulled a bunch of keys out of my keypool and none match.

You can call me an asshole, but this is basic failure of usability.

I would be happy to share screenshots, what would be best to see the transaction history page?
Do you see -0.0002 on tx tab or -1019.5165 ?
I don't own any of the addresses it was supposed to send back to.
I pulled a bunch of keys out of my keypool and none match.
Change addresses are not shown in receiving addresses list, what commands did you issue to pull keypool addresses?

Hello "whathappened".

This indeed seems like a Darksend denominations transaction. This transaction splits your coins into stacks of different sized, but it should by no means lose the coins.

When your Client loads up, it create 1000 addresses that aren't directly visible to you. They can be used by the client for various things, including Darksend (the mixing button you hit). It usually takes 0.0002 DRK in order to pay for this splitting, so if you saw -0.0002, then your client recognized the new addresses as it's own. If you cannot see or spent the coins, that means something went wrong.
The thing that went wrong is probably just a small bug that can be easily fixed.
First thing to try: start your wallet with -zapwallettxes and see what happens. Maybe this already fixes it.
You can also install the client on another machine, let it sync the blockchain and then import the wallet.dat from the problematic installation. Use another, older and stable version for this and you will probably be able to spent your coins again.

I provided my transaction ID, the details of my install and where I got the client. Yet that wasn't enough?

I'm a bit late in this thread here, but seems to me as an outsider looking in without much hard evidence except the coins original address and transaction ID looks a lot like the coins were mixed and then sent to, http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XyTxgHFSgDvPTjkQDoK4iVgWWXgBU1TUy7

do you have screen shots of the transactions and times you can post? you said you closed the darkcoin client and when you opened it you coins were gone?

I know with the encrypted wallet you would need to unlock it for mixing, couldn't malicious software have attacked the wallet during this time? Even if it were closed, malicious software could have captured your passphrase when you typed it to unlock for mixing. Have you run full security scans on this system yet? You questioned why someone would seal your DRK but not BTC, but if a Trojan virus was the reason then it was crafted with a specific purpose, to steal your most valuable coins....

Back