• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DarkSend BETA V6

eduffield

Core Developer
DarkSend BETA v6

I believe we're getting really close to a stable product now. I've implemented all of the changes caused from my conversation earlier with Anonymint and it seems to be really working smoothly.

Here's everything that changed:

- Masternode detection and elections are completely implemented. Users can now run the nodes with a completely fair chance of being picked in a tamperproof way, other users can verify which node was picked for that round. Currently the election happens every 10 blocks (25 minutes), this can be changed up to every block if we want.
- Session IDs have been completely removed, they are not needed with this new implementation.
- The input/output gathering stage has been combined to one
- Getpoolinfo now shows masternode, state, entries, entries_accepted, signatures, my_transactions
- The masternode can now communicate back to the client and say if something was not accepted and why
- Status updates from the masternode are shown on a new button the send screen (more info in the documentation)

DarkSend Beta v6.1 - v.0.10.3.1
- Change "connect=" to "addnode=", it causes strange issues with masternodes
- Fixed some other issues with connecting to the masternode
- Fixed some other minor bugs

DarkSend Beta v6.2 - v.0.10.3.3
- Many stability improvements to masternodes

Next:
- Securing the masternode messages with signatures to make them tamperproof
- Writing the code to pay the masternodes
- Forking mainnet to begin payments

http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendDocumentation.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, how did you do that so fast? I thought you'd be delayed another 2 months from that conversation! OMG, you're the programming King!

Is this normal ?

Did not show masternode !

uname -a
Linux e-H87-HD3 3.8.0-35-generic #50~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 4 17:25:51 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

./darkcoind getpoolinfo
{
"masternode" : "",
"state" : 2,
"entries" : 0,
"entries_accepted" : 0,
"signatures" : 0
}

./darkcoind getpeerinfo
[
{
"addr" : "23.23.186.131:9999",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1396981748,
"lastrecv" : 1396981748,
"bytessent" : 1875,
"bytesrecv" : 65222,
"blocksrequested" : 0,
"conntime" : 1396981713,
"version" : 70010,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:0.10.3/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 47869,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},

Other server
uname -a
Linux sv2.site 3.7.10-1.16-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 31 20:21:23 UTC 2013 (97c14ba) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
./darkcoind getpoolinfo
{
"masternode" : "23.23.186.131:9999",
"state" : 2,
"entries" : 0,
"entries_accepted" : 0,
"signatures" : 0
}

Yeah, it doesn't connect to the masternode until it needs to. I should show it there anyway though, that's confusing. thanks

Yeah, it doesn't connect to the masternode until it needs to. I should show it there anyway though, that's confusing. thanks

Thank you.

I have two ( Masternode + p2pool ), running without any problems.
P2pool doesn't matter encrypted wallet(with payout address option -a).
MPOS probably not.

Has there been any progress on the AWS AMIs? I'd be happy to throw up a master node, but I'm not comfortable hosting it from my home server running file-sharing daemons, etc.

When I try to run darkcoind, I often get the command line hung up, where I don't get the prompt back, just > each time I hit return. I have to close the window and restart to get out of that. Is that my computer or darkcoind?

When I try to run darkcoind, I often get the command line hung up, where I don't get the prompt back, just > each time I hit return. I have to close the window and restart to get out of that. Is that my computer or darkcoind?

type
Code:
./darkcoind &

the & at the end will tell it to run in the background (which it really does anyway). hit enter a time or two and you should get your prompt and cursor back.

Code:
./darkcoind -daemon
Is the correct way, it will fork the process in the background and you can continue using the terminal.

Back