• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkreceive?

Bergstrom

Foundation Member
I am aware that this may be wrong but I wonder if it is possible to request a Darksend payment? I want to be sure that it is being sent through their Darksend fund. Or is this totally unnecessary?

I am aware that this may be wrong but I wonder if it is possible to request a Darksend payment? I want to be sure that it is being sent through their Darksend fund. Or is this totally unnecessary?
Unnecessary, it's to the buyer's benefit to not link the sender to the receiver. The receiver address is always known (the end result where the inputs end up). If you want a private transfer, obtain the funds to a freshly generated address and anon them.

Besides, by "requesting" payment, you are linking the sender to the receiver, totally removing the anonymity factor.

Thank you for the clarification. So the best thing is to generate a new address and give it to the buyer and then mix them in the Masternode system?

Thank you for the clarification. So the best thing is to generate a new address and give it to the buyer and then mix them in the Masternode system?
Yep, mix them after you receive them. From that point on, you can send them to your primary address if you desire with no direct linkages. I recommend 8 rounds to everyone as it's a 1 in 3^8 pool.

Back