• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MPOS DarkcoinTalk's Official Pool Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm a little confused. Are you on windows or linux? How were you starting sgminer if not through a command prompt?

Ok, I'm a little confused. Are you on windows or linux? How were you starting sgminer if not through a command prompt?
Windows 7, and there's an executable file included in the sgminer download. Would creating a batch file solve the problem?

Windows 7, and there's an executable file included in the sgminer download. Would creating a batch file solve the problem?

Ah interesting. I didn't realize you could double click the exe and it would keep the dos box open. I always launch it from a command line. If you have your sgminer.conf file in the same folder as sgminer.exe, it should be using that conf file.

Ah interesting. I didn't realize you could double click the exe and it would keep the dos box open. I always launch it from a command line. If you have your sgminer.conf file in the same folder as sgminer.exe, it should be using that conf file.
I know it's using the sgminer.conf file because cmd is giving me the Loaded sgminer.conf file, but it seems I've found my way into the same problem now that you were having with my config. A bunch of invalid nonce count - HW errors. Any idea why?

I know it's using the sgminer.conf file because cmd is giving me the Loaded sgminer.conf file, but it seems I've found my way into the same problem now that you were having with my config. A bunch of invalid nonce count - HW errors. Any idea why?

A few things probably. Were you using those settings for scrypt before?

I'm editing my conf to be a little more generic and you can try that. Give me a minute.

I get invalid nonce count -HW errors sometimes. Usually when i first start sgminer. Sometimes I'll have to just restart it, sometimes I'll have to reboot. Once it starts mining though, its usually stable. I might have to restart once a week. But sometimes it does take several crash and restarts before it goes. I have no idea what causes that.

You can try my sgminer.conf. I use it for a 7950, but I edited the gpu engine and memclock to defaults and lowered intensity to 15 (from 17). I use this conf on my 7950 and my 280x. Be sure to edit your pool info. And you should add some backup pools as well one you get things working.

{
"pools" : [

{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333",
"user" : "marduk.7950",
"pass" : "x"
}

],

"auto-fan" : true,
"intensity" : "15",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"lookup-gap" : "2",

"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "0",
"gpu-fan" : "65-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "80",
"temp-overheat" : "70",
"temp-target" : "65",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",

"expiry" : "1",
"scan-time" : "1",

"failover-switch-delay" : "60",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"tcp-keepalive" : "30",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"no-submit-stale" : true
}

I launched it and it gave me a failure prompt but seems to be running though. I'll try restarting, messing around with the settings, and see how it goes. I appreciate all the help, Marduk. I'll post again sometime tonight or tomorrow with an update. Thanks.

Can someone explain or direct me to how the payout system works?
PPLNS

Paid per Last Number of Shares.

Say it takes 20 minutes to find a block. During that time frame, you've submitted 5 valid shares while the entire pool has submitted 100. You would receive 5% of the block reward.

This also takes the last 10 blocks and and checks to see if you've been mining during the entire time frame.

Hey guys. Just joined the pool yesterday. Currently mining through 2/3 computers at 2500-3000khs. I wonder how many days would it take me too reach a single dash? I used calculators but I didn't understand the results.

By the way thanks for the pool. It feels safe after several pools I have tried.

Yay! Other blocks were perfectly fine so far. No more oprhened blocks anymore for the whole pool. :p

Currently saving for a good rig while getting into world of mining. I really don't mind money. Read a guy's post over here saying the magic of mining is the feelings it create such feeling a part of something. And that happens to be crypto's for geeks like us.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DCT Mining Pool will be shutting down.

Due to the rising cost of operating and the lack of miners present, it is no longer feasible to continue the operation of the pool.

Miners will have a week to change the pool that they are mining at before the stratum is shutdown. After that, the pool will still be accessible to withdraw funds for one month. Anything left in the pool's wallet after that time frame will be considered a donation.

Thank you everyone who mined at the pool! Hopefully more pools will come online to diversify the pool choices currently available for Dash.

--Propulsion

--Yibble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back