MPOS DarkcoinTalk's Official Pool Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

admin

Darkcoin clear.png
DarkcoinTalk is pleased to announce its very own mining pool! Mining.DarkcoinTalk.org

This server is a fully dedicated private machine specifically for Darkcoin.

It is co-ran by myself, Propulsion.

The other individual is a professional systems administrator holding a Certified Information Systems Security Professional Certificate. (CISSP)

Your earnings are safe and your earnings are secure.

New features are coming to the forums and the pools very soon!

Mining.DarkcoinTalk.org and p2pool.DarkcoinTalk.org

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
It looks like some of the big pools are down, which has led to Suchpool having 50.9% of the network hashrate. I can only encourage miners to move to another pool... An ideal time to remind everyone that it's 0% mining fees at the official DarkcoinTalk Pool, http://mining.darkcointalk.org/

whao168

May 5, 2014
My sgminer shows that I found a block but not showing in the pool. Only showing one block found by yibble.

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
Hi whoa168,

Interesting, can you send me the block number, ETC.. I notice you're putting out about 20% - 30% invalid shares, so I wonder if there's an issue there too.

Thanks.

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
I see that the block is registering as found, we're processing the incoming transactions, and once they're confirmed payments will go out! Congratulations!!! That's our second block!

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
I just updated all my computers and started 'em up on DarkcoinTalk pool, yaaay! I know we're small, but we'll get bigger I'm sure!

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
Welcome aboard TantaStefana! Awesome to have you mining with us. I'll be adding some more hashing power to my own rig soon, so we'll see that hashrate jump a little shortly ;)

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Propulsion, please let chaeplin know how to tell which pool is your's so we can get some recognition. I think we're one of the unknowns on his pie chart :)

mahowi

Mar 13, 2014
Germany
Now I'm also mining at this pool, although my current hashrate is very small.

But will this pool ever find blocks? :confused:

Est. Shares this Round 267,867 (done: 322.26%)
Time Since Last Block 192 hours 32 minutes 10 seconds

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
We've found two already! I think this one is karma for the first block found in 56k shares ;)

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
I grabbed a screenshot too :) Well done everyone, I'm watching the confirmations now, so payouts should go out soon!

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L
UPDATE: May 14th 2014
Pool is updated and fully functional. mining.darkcointalk.org

Reactions: yibble

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
Mining.darkcointalk.org Data Center is experiencing issues. The pool will be temporarily unavailable.

I will update this post when everything is back up and running.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pool is back up. Down time less then 15 minutes. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: yibble

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
mahowi
Someone decided to mine with a Bitcoin ASIC. They have since been dropped.

Besides the massive efficiency drop off, (due to the attacker) everything is performing flawlessly. All valid shares are still valid, and the attack only harmed the efficiency % and nothing else.

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
Hi guys,

It's important to note that at no point were server resources under contention, all valid request were submitted in a timely manner. To combat this type of attack / misuse the Stratum server is now banning IP addresses more aggressively. Don't worry, the Stratum server's banning mechanic thresholds are still set above our normal users invalid shares.

And now that a block has just been found, a new round has started which has reset the efficiency measurement.

Thanks!

waveyuk

May 14, 2014
I signed up today and have been mining, but can't add a payment address, I've unlocked the Cash Out section via email but the payment address is greyed out as are all the options under Account Details. I tried to contact using the contact form on the site, but it doesn't work. My username is waveyuk - can someone please contact me to sort it out.

yibble

Apr 8, 2014
Hi waveyuk,

Can you please send me an e-mail at [email protected] from the e-mail address that you used when you registered at mining.darkcointalk.org? Please include your payment address and I'll manually edit your account.

Thanks in advance!

Kumatora

May 22, 2014
I think you guys should really either get rid of the auto payout fee or vastly lower it.. I know you guys need to raise some money some how but .01 fee is just absolutely ridiculous, especially considering how hard to mine it is now (that's at least an hour of work for me, and I have about 3.5mh/s..) I'd say keep the manual fee but get rid of the auto payout fee? This is the first pool I've ever even seen with an auto payout fee. It annoys me even more so because you guys already have a 1% fee. I'm sorry, I love the pool and especially the 25% bonus going on right now, but yeah, I think that's just too much.

Reactions: brybell

brybell

May 21, 2014
I think you guys should really either get rid of the auto payout fee or vastly lower it.. I know you guys need to raise some money some how but .01 fee is just absolutely ridiculous, especially considering how hard to mine it is now (that's at least an hour of work for me, and I have about 3.5mh/s..) I'd say keep the manual fee but get rid of the auto payout fee? This is the first pool I've ever even seen with an auto payout fee. It annoys me even more so because you guys already have a 1% fee. I'm sorry, I love the pool and especially the 25% bonus going on right now, but yeah, I think that's just too much.
I agree it takes forever to mine .01! especially on top of 1%. I just started and only get 2600mhash, so its like its almost not worth it. MAYBE if it was safe to keep a lot of coin online it would be ok, but i wanna get my coin in my wallet as quick as possible..so .01 adds up! Especially with the value increasing as much as it has in the past few days.

Reactions: Kumatora
Status
Not open for further replies.