• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MPOS DarkcoinTalk's Official Pool Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there womething wrong with the pool ? I'm loosing stratum connection (from europe) with various ISP. Like it's working 5 minutes, down for one or 2 minutes, and so on.

Is there womething wrong with the pool ? I'm loosing stratum connection (from europe) with various ISP. Like it's working 5 minutes, down for one or 2 minutes, and so on.

Hi Corpo,

It looks like the Darkcoin daemon crashed, and was automatically recovered. I ran some test earlier this morning, and everything should be back to normal.

I started mining on this pool about 2 weeks ago. I would lose stratum connection as well at random intervals for 5-30 minutes at a time. This would happen repeatedly all day, all week long. I had hash coming from my tiny farm (west coast U.S.) and also from westhash cloud mine. Both would drop connection like this, but usually not at the same time. My individual miners would lose connection as well, but not all of them simultaneously.

I've not mined here the past week however because my account got locked and I'm still waiting for help. The site said I should have an email on how to unlock it. But I never got one. I also emailed through the website and got no response. I finally talked to Propulsion through PM on this board yesterday. I'm still waiting for resolution though.

I started mining on this pool about 2 weeks ago. I would lose stratum connection as well at random intervals for 5-30 minutes at a time. This would happen repeatedly all day, all week long. I had hash coming from my tiny farm (west coast U.S.) and also from westhash cloud mine. Both would drop connection like this, but usually not at the same time. My individual miners would lose connection as well, but not all of them simultaneously.

I've not mined here the past week however because my account got locked and I'm still waiting for help. The site said I should have an email on how to unlock it. But I never got one. I also emailed through the website and got no response. I finally talked to Propulsion through PM on this board yesterday. I'm still waiting for resolution though.
Hi Marduk,

Can you please PM me your e-mail address?

Thanks.

Could someone explain to me how payouts are handled? I have been mining, mostly in the same pool for almost two months, and there will be days I get 7-8 transactions per day for a few days (same hash speed, running consistently ~42Mh/s), Then the next day, one payout, usually not much. I've noted the longest has been 24 hours without payout. Is it all just random and luck, or is there a way to calculate what you should be earning? I completely do not understand this.

Hello, everyone. I've started mining today(about 1.5 hours totally). But I can't see Hashrate on dashboard and my worker is not updating. What I'm doing wrong? I'm running ccminer on Linux. Every 10 mins it throws an error `stratum_recv_line failed`

The command:
$ ./ccminer -a x11 -t 1 -o <mining address>:3333 -u *** -p *** -D -P

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why mining.darkcointalk.org doesn't has TLS. Is there any valid reason that I'm missing here?

Thanks.

Hello, everyone. I've started mining today(about 1.5 hours totally). But I can't see Hashrate on dashboard and my worker is not updating. What I'm doing wrong? I'm running ccminer on Linux. Every 10 mins it throws an error `stratum_recv_line failed`

The command:
$ ./ccminer -a x11 -t 1 -o <mining address>:3333 -u *** -p *** -D -P

Hi,

It may be that you're being blocked for some reason, please feel free to IM / email me your IP address, and I can check our DoS protections.

Thanks.

Hey everyone, I'm attempting to configure my miner to work with the darkcointalk pool but i keep running into the same fatal JSON error. I have been trying to figure out what the problem is but to no avail, would someone look it over and possibly give me the solution to the problem.
./sgminer --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u
loginname.workername -p workerpassword
{
"pools" : [

{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333",

"user" :"loginname.workername",

"pass" : "workerpassword"
}

],

"intensity" : "20",

"xintensity" : "0",

"rawintensity" : "0",

"kernel" : "ckolivas",

"lookup-gap" : "2",

"thread-concurrency" : "24550",

"shaders" : "0",

"gpu-engine" : "0-1000",

"gpu-fan" : "0-85",

"gpu-memclock" : "875",

"gpu-powertune" : "20",

"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",

"temp-cutoff" : "95",

"temp-overheat" : "85",

"temp-target" : "75",

"api-listen" : false,

"api-mcast-port" : "4028",

"api-port" : "4028",

"auto-fan" : true,

"auto-gpu" : true,

"expiry" : "120",

"failover-only" : true,

"gpu-threads" : "2",

"log" : "5",

"queue" : "1",

"scan-time" : "60",

"temp-hysteresis" : "3",

"failover-switch-delay" : "60",

"no-pool-disable" : true,

"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

I have tried using just the initial config info provided on the getting started page, just the example config included with the sgminer download, as well as other combinations of both. Please someone provide some guidance to a new darkcoin miner, it is greatly appreciated. If it's of any help i'm running an R9 290 sapphire tri-x with the latest version of sgminer. Thanks in advance to any and all advice.

godemperor,

If you have a sgminer.conf file with your pool info etc, you only need to launch sgminer with ./sgminer. Also, in your sgminer.conf, you have "kernel" : "ckolivas", but in your command line to start sgminer, you're calling for kernal "darkcoin." Ckolivas is for scrypt. You want darkcoin for this pool.

So in your sgminer.conf, change "kernel" : "ckolivas", to "kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",. and just start sgminer without the arguments. Just launch ./sgminer

godemperor,

If you have a sgminer.conf file with your pool info etc, you only need to launch sgminer with ./sgminer. Also, in your sgminer.conf, you have "kernel" : "ckolivas", but in your command line to start sgminer, you're calling for kernal "darkcoin." Ckolivas is for scrypt. You want darkcoin for this pool.

So in your sgminer.conf, change "kernel" : "ckolivas", to "kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",. and just start sgminer without the arguments. Just launch ./sgminer

Thanks for your response Marduk,

I've changed the kernel to darkcoin-mod and it loads the conf file but it only partially loads and gives me the prompt to "Start with -T to see what failed to load." Is there anything specific that could be causing this error?

Thanks for your response Marduk,

I've changed the kernel to darkcoin-mod and it loads the conf file but it only partially loads and gives me the prompt to "Start with -T to see what failed to load." Is there anything specific that could be causing this error?

Hmm, there's a formatting error in your conf file somewhere I think. I can't see anything wrong above though. Can you double check your conf file? Sometimes it's easy to miss one little comma or bracket...

Hmm, there's a formatting error in your conf file somewhere I think. I can't see anything wrong above though. Can you double check your conf file? Sometimes it's easy to miss one little comma or bracket...
I am at a loss. I cannot see anything missing in the conf file. Here it is exactly as it's written, other than the user and password of course,

{
"pools" : [

{

"user" : "weblogin.workername",

"pass" : "workerpassword"
}

],

"intensity" : "20",
"xintensity" : "0",

"rawintensity" : "0",

"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",

"lookup-gap" : "2",

"thread-concurrency" : "24550",

"shaders" : "0",

"gpu-engine" : "0-1000",

"gpu-fan" : "0-85",

"gpu-memclock" : "875",

"gpu-powertune" : "20",

"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",

"temp-cutoff" : "95",

"temp-overheat" : "85",

"temp-target" : "75",

"api-listen" : false,

"api-mcast-port" : "4028",

"api-port" : "4028",

"auto-fan" : true,

"auto-gpu" : true,

"expiry" : "120",

"failover-only" : true,

"gpu-threads" : "2",

"log" : "5",

"queue" : "1",

"scan-time" : "60",

"temp-hysteresis" : "3",

"failover-switch-delay" : "60",

"no-pool-disable" : true,

"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

I feel like a neanderthal. haha. Thanks for the help though.

I had that same error once and it took me a while to figure out what it was. Did you try starting sgminer with "-T"?

Odd, I copied and pasted your conf file as you posted and changed only the pool info and it runs for me. I get HW hardware errors, but it loads.

Odd, I copied and pasted your conf file as you posted and changed only the pool info and it runs for me. I get HW hardware errors, but it loads.
I just opened it through command prompt and it's asking me to specify at least one pool server, which to my knowledge i have already done with this line,

What the hell is going wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back