• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Woocommerce Plugin

Phillis

Hey Darkcoin Community!

I was looking to integrate darkcoin payments to one of my wordpress e-commerce sites but apparently this doesn't exist? I don't want to use a 3rd party to skim off the top, which is why I am surprised a fork for this for darkcoin doesn't exist: https://github.com/gesman/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce

As a merchant who would like to accept darkcoin, its not that easy without going through a 3rd party. Maybe some php devs out there should give that a go to fork it for darkcoin :)

~ Phillis

Looks like that requires Electrum. A service that's currently being worked on to fully support Darkcoin.

Hmm interesting, I've actually been looking for a way to directly accept Darkcoin among other coins, going to keep an eye on this.
Thanks for the tip about Electrum.

I´m interested too, I´m dreaming of accept DRK payments for my MTG card store.

I hope someone can make a working plugin.

Not exactly what you are looking because it involves using a payment processor, but in the darkcoin foundation we are using the coinpayments plugin for woocommerce. We have it set up so it sends the funds to the foundation's multisig address as soon as the funds are available (usually around 7 blocks from the payment), so the risk is low. The costs is slightly above 0.5% (0.5% of sales plus some small fees per payment and withdrawal). It is not perfect, but it works quite well.

yeah, i am unwilling to use a payment processor for accepting darkcoin, as the point of crypto is to take out the middlemen and let me control everything. I will wait for a fork of this plugin to be developed and re-evaluate this when the rebranding situation is resolved, as I don't like uncertainty when looking at expanding payment options as a merchant.

yeah, i am unwilling to use a payment processor for accepting darkcoin, as the point of crypto is to take out the middlemen and let me control everything. I will wait for a fork of this plugin to be developed and re-evaluate this when the rebranding situation is resolved, as I don't like uncertainty when looking at expanding payment options as a merchant.
I understand

I concur with Phillis I prefer avoid payment processors and will wait too until the rebranding is done and someone makes a plugin for direct payments.

If someone can make it working I think I can convince at least a dozen other MTG card stores to use it.

Back