• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin video

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great, if you could find someone to make the video.
I love it, it's a bit long though.
Look at the activity on 3:25 :D

I believe we have to throw out a bounty and get this done from the professional people mentioned by Icebucket !!

I think the primary focus should be on an introductory video for now. We could always do more in-depth videos later.

Three questions it should focus on:
  • What is Darkcoin?
  • Why do I need it?
  • Why should I use it over Bitcoin?

I agree with raze that the focus should be on a introductory video.
So now we have some ideas on what Darkcoin is, And I think that we should just go to the next two question
Why do I need it? and Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
I was first thinking that we would needed to nail down each question before moving on. But I now think that it might just be best to try to answer these 3 questions and when we have enough of input from the community, then we can match them together and make a complete text that flows.

This didn't get very far... If you hire me now I can produce the video within a week or two. Someone should just take control and organise everything, finalise the script, get a voice over, find any relevant graphics, hire a motion graphic designer! I charge between £120-£150, which is a lot cheaper than the industry's average, plus I have a lot of experience in the cartographic genre.

I think the primary focus should be on an introductory video for now. We could always do more in-depth videos later.

Three questions it should focus on:
  • What is Darkcoin?
  • Why do I need it?
  • Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
By the way, I have a background in 3D animation (no Flash/2D motion graphics experience), although I don't know if that would be useful for something like this.

Please watch this: http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action

I see a lot of infographics / videos that don't follow that principle, and the people who the target audience should be,will get turned off if you get too technical at first.

I agree with raze that the focus should be on a introductory video.
So now we have some ideas on what Darkcoin is, And I think that we should just go to the next two question
Why do I need it? and Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
I was first thinking that we would needed to nail down each question before moving on. But I now think that it might just be best to try to answer these 3 questions and when we have enough of input from the community, then we can match them together and make a complete text that flows.

Eventually it will make sense to create an image that is separate from Bitcoin… In this way, lets refer to other crypto currencies where people get tracked and say how they do not compare to Darkcoin, then we explain Darkcoin and dismiss Bitcoin and the other cryptos once and for all…

Lets distance ourselves completely from Bitcoin and all the growing pains it is going through. (Mt. Gox, etc. and in this way we start a fresh image independent of them while benefiting from their mistakes by not repeating them)

Bitcoin is still small, lets not follow a small guy in town and lets walk our own path to become the real Darkcoin. This strategy will also effectively not only dismiss Bitcoin but the other alt coins in one shot. 2 birds (or 1000) with 1 stone.

Please check out the Marketing India section in Foundation section of Darkcointalk, there is an a very interesting article about crypto currencies there and a way to target that market. Will we be wise enough to pull off a Pepsi style move in India before Bitcoin gets there? I think so!

After all they really don't have much head start there and Darkcoin fits much better with the culture:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111363/first_bitcoin_exchange_launches_in_india

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back