• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin video guides

darkred

I'd like to help out with the video guides.

I have recorded (without audio) a windows and a mac install of DarkCoinQT. The mac OS is 10.10.2 (latest). The Windows OS is 8.1 (latest) off of a fresh install of windows.

These videos show how to download from website, install from the download, encrypt the wallet and create the first "receive" address.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Here's the video sizes:
16M Feb 15 12:21 drk_mac_wallet_install_part1.mov
22M Feb 15 12:33 drk_mac_wallet_install_part2.mov
22M Feb 15 11:10 drk_windows_wallet_install_part1.mov
46M Feb 15 11:53 drk_windows_wallet_install_part2.mov

They took much longer than I expected as I wanted to ensure no personal info was shown. The windows recording is from a fresh VM screen recording. In hindsight, I should have done the mac that way as well.

I was planning doing more like sending 10 DRK to one wallet, do some darksend mixing, then send 1 DRK to the other wallet using instantX. I thought it'd be neat to show shapeshift.io BTC->DRK. Then on to http://cryptopet.com/ to show how you can USE your DRK.

Would these be helpful for anyone?
Where should I upload these?
Anyone want to do some voice over recordings?
Is quicktime the best format? (mov)

Too many questions...

Even though we have guides for installing made by TaoOfSatoshi I think it's really cool to have more! You can upload them to youtube and/or contact tungfa.
Not sure about voice over the video though, maybe even placing some simple subtitles will be enough.

As for making guides for DS mixing, IX and also doing shapeshift BTC->DRK and buying stuff on cryptopet - that's a great idea! I bet... DirectBet would be glad to have one too :grin:

So many tags... :wink:

I'd like to help out with the video guides.

I have recorded (without audio) a windows and a mac install of DarkCoinQT. The mac OS is 10.10.2 (latest). The Windows OS is 8.1 (latest) off of a fresh install of windows.

These videos show how to download from website, install from the download, encrypt the wallet and create the first "receive" address.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Here's the video sizes:
16M Feb 15 12:21 drk_mac_wallet_install_part1.mov
22M Feb 15 12:33 drk_mac_wallet_install_part2.mov
22M Feb 15 11:10 drk_windows_wallet_install_part1.mov
46M Feb 15 11:53 drk_windows_wallet_install_part2.mov

They took much longer than I expected as I wanted to ensure no personal info was shown. The windows recording is from a fresh VM screen recording. In hindsight, I should have done the mac that way as well.

I was planning doing more like sending 10 DRK to one wallet, do some darksend mixing, then send 1 DRK to the other wallet using instantX. I thought it'd be neat to show shapeshift.io BTC->DRK. Then on to http://cryptopet.com/ to show how you can USE your DRK.

Would these be helpful for anyone?
Where should I upload these?
Anyone want to do some voice over recordings?
Is quicktime the best format? (mov)

Too many questions...

hey dark red
whow you are on a roll there,
I saw your last 4-5 posts about corrections and all that, very cool

videos are always welcome,
we definately need them to simplify the explanations to new comers .
we are working on a lot of guides due to DAG (Amabassador Group) / translations ideas and such
VoiceOvers really seem to be a problem here (even though we have some Pro people in the community)
best might if you
- ether send me a web link
upload via yousendit / youtube and i download from there
and I will throw some effort behind Voiceover
my email
[email protected]
for the links please

Hey darkred I can do some voice over's for you if you want. I also want to make some linux video guides as well, I can record the video I just can't edit the video because I don't have any windows or mac machines and there are not good editing programs for linux. Let me know if you want to collaborate and lets link up.

Hey darkred I can do some voice over's for you if you want. I also want to make some linux video guides as well, I can record the video I just can't edit the video because I don't have any windows or mac machines and there are not good editing programs for linux. Let me know if you want to collaborate and lets link up.

Hey Buster
whow, that would be so cool !!
+
as you have that Dam Sexy Voice
:wink:

Edit:
please let me know if i can help/sort you out with Editing ?!

Ok. Looks like filetea.me will only keep the file links available until I navigate away from that page. Yuck. I'll look for another anon sharing solution.

Hey guys
ok i am downloading them now
let me stitch them together as 2 long video's
-Wallet PC Guide
-Wallet MAC Guide
as that will be easier for Buster to work with than having 5 small once.

Buster: i post a link later where you can download 2 full video

Last edited by a moderator:
ok
video stitched and uploaded.

This will be great !
:grin::cool::grin:

once the DS video is done, i will dig into promoting it inside the onionland a bit more.

as a guideline
what would you imagine to be in a video for
- DS (Mixing/fast forward + Sending)
- IX (Ix Button ?)

Last Wallet (PC/Windows)
is up

Tx guys
great job !

a9a9043965cb5dca01de76ee2db67e51599b51ea2dedddbc6c5cc324bbf3d983-000
73b45db23e1ccfd3bfcaefb442ea035d8bae54a2667f7813bec818c9a8940dba-000
:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: