• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

I'm presenting Dash at the Barcelona Bitcoin Meetup in Barcelona next Tuesday.
I will be travelling to Barcelona specifically for this. Depending onf the final arrangements, I expect the cost of the train and the hotel to be around 200-250 EUR (80-100 DASH). I'll be doing this anyway, but donations to help cover the costs are more than welcomed :) My address is XcuTUeqH3zQmrfWQB3APRWLWkvM2fshpQc

Sorry for off-topic, but I see a good example of already discussed ways of decentralized financing.

I just imagined we need an urgent voting for allocating funds for our speaker (to cover his costs). It would be a mess: "does he need 5 stars or just a hostel?" and so on. :sad:
Obviously we need to have some dedicated funds always ready to be quickly used by some trusted community leaders without additional voting-confirmation.
And if such a leader will abuse the trust placed in him - he will just lose his trust and will not be able to use it again in the future. I do not see any danger of "pork barrel" of preliminary accumulated funds, mentioned during that Voting.

But ofcourse voting is still needed for periodically replenish such "urgent funds".

P.S.
And by the way only 3 persons "voluntarily donated" this action (+Otoh intended) - it is not a reproach, but merely remark for another discussion: whether it is necessary to force some funds for the development and PR or rely just on voluntary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for off-topic, but I see a good example of already discussed ways of decentralized financing.

I just imagined we need an urgent voting for allocating funds for our speaker (to cover his costs). It would be a mess: "does he need 5 stars or just a hostel?" and so on. :sad:
Obviously we need to have some dedicated funds always ready to be quickly used by some trusted community leaders without additional voting-confirmation.
And if such a leader will abuse the trust placed in him - he will just lose his trust and will not be able to use it again in the future. I do not see any danger of "pork barrel" of preliminary accumulated funds, mentioned during that Voting.

But ofcourse voting is still needed for periodically replenish such "urgent funds".

P.S.
And by the way only 3 persons "voluntarily donated" this action (+Otoh intended) - it is not a reproach, but merely remark for another discussion: whether it is necessary to force some funds for the development and PR or rely just on voluntary.
Shit, I forgot to donate.. .. Im in the Netherlands, but I'll donate some Dash the minute I get back Sunday to Fernando. Please post wallet address

Shit, I forgot to donate.. .. Im in the Netherlands, but I'll donate some Dash the minute I get back Sunday to Fernando. Please post wallet address
Hey Richard! Don't worry, in the end I got enough to cover my travel expenses. I gave part of that to attendees that downloaded the mobile wallet so they could try it and hopefully get really into Dash, but I'm happy with the final numbers :smile::smile::smile:

Hey Richard! Don't worry, in the end I got enough to cover my travel expenses. I gave part of that to attendees that downloaded the mobile wallet so they could try it and hopefully get really into Dash, but I'm happy with the final numbers :smile::smile::smile:

I've given 1 or 2 away to try to switch people onto Dash, but some will just leave it in the wallet and not use it or build on it (admittedly not crypto people), also people don't value something they get for nothing(better to sell, perhaps say-pay back in 6 months at original price if want to still keep then).
If there was encrypted wallet to wallet messaging service in the mobile version this would encourage people to come back and try it again and is instantly useful, also if free messages, they might even try it when no credit left on the phone , and has the added bonus if you lost your phone but had backed up the wallet, you can always reach other recipients after sim failure :smile:

I've given 1 or 2 away to try to switch people onto Dash, but some will just leave it in the wallet and not use it or build on it, also people don't value something they get for nothing(better to sell, perhaps say-pay back in 6 months at original price if want to still keep then).
If there was encrypted wallet to wallet messaging service in the mobile version this would encourage people to come back and try it again and is instantly useful, also if free messages, they might even try it when no credit left on the phone , and has the added bonus if you lost your phone but had backed up the wallet, you can always reach other recipients after sim failure :smile:
Yeah, many giveaways are useless, but sometimes they can work. It is expensive to get users this way, but those to whom I sent were people who I believe were worth taking the risk (one localbitcoins dev, one very active cash to btc seller and people who were doing business with him, one guy from the US that had a datacenter and wanted more info on how to set up masternodes...).

I agree that a really useful feature in the wallet could make it more viral, but it can also be very distracting... I'm not sure what that feature should be. There are already many encrypted messaging apps, it is a difficult field to compete in, but it is a quite natural one.

(...)
people don't value something they get for nothing(better to sell, perhaps say-pay back in 6 months at original price if want to still keep then).
(...)
Yeah, many giveaways are useless, but sometimes they can work.
(...)

I am learning that it is not easy to make "normal" people understand and see the importance of the cryptocurrencies in general, and DASH in particular.

I have kept a special DASH balance for giveaways to some "key" RL friends (key, because they have the potential to bring more users - mostly shop owners or service providers in my city). But instead of simply giving away DASH (I was afraid they would spoil or lose it), I decided to talk about the subject first, and direct them towards some texts/tutorials I've wirtten specifically for this purpose. I told them "Please read about it, install your wallet, and tell me your receiving address. I'll send you some coins, so that you see how it works..."

Result: No one came back for the coins :oops:

I have talked again to some of them: Some said they like the idea, but it's too complicated to use. Some were worried with it being some ponzi scheme. Some said it's too risky keeping money with these volatile prices. And there was even one who said he didn't care trusting his bank to provide safety to his money :eek:

I didn't want to insist... I just asked them to keep track of the subject, and whenever they had any questions, to please come to me ... I am sure they'll come back soon, avid to BUY some DASH :tongue:

The giveaway DASH? In the end they went all to my new Masternode :cool:

Result: No one came back for the coins :oops:
That is why I forced them to download the Android wallet. If you leave it to them they will never do it, but once they downloaded it and got some dash into it, I saw how some of them started playing with it. They may never come back to it, but these were people already into crypto, so they are more likely to at least do some research.

That is why I forced them to download the Android wallet. If you leave it to them they will never do it, but once they downloaded it and got some dash into it, I saw how some of them started playing with it. They may never come back to it, but these were people already into crypto, so they are more likely to at least do some research.

If they are gamblers you could point them for example to a certain Barcelona football match at an online betting site that accepts Dash until the last minute of the game (cough no names cough), they could try really small bets for fun (some people just like to feel they are taking part and are not big gamblers)
One of the best ones I think , is online gaming, there are games starting to accept cryptocurrencies and its an absolutely huge market.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am learning that it is not easy to make "normal" people understand and see the importance of the cryptocurrencies in general, and DASH in particular.

I didn't want to insist... I just asked them to keep track of the subject, and whenever they had any questions, to please come to me ... I am sure they'll come back soon, avid to BUY some DASH :tongue:
:cool:

Nice try!
The masses are the masses for a reason and they are easily manipulated, do not change quickly, lightly or easily, there are many global things going on with the war on cash, banking controls and the rise of corporate control and this may be something they will have to take on board in the end for their own (dearly selfish) desires :rolleyes:
I take hope in opinions like this.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/apple-co-founder-snowden-hero-me

If they are gamblers you could point them for example to a certain Barcelona football match at an online betting site that accepts Dash until the last minute of the game (cough no names cough), they could try really small bets for fun (some people just like to feel they are taking part and are not big gamblers)
One of the best ones I think , is online gaming, there are games starting to accept cryptocurrencies and its an absolutely huge market.
That is a great idea. Next time I'm research ahead of time to try that they use their dash immediately!

Nice try!
The masses are the masses for a reason and they are easily manipulated, do not change quickly, lightly or easily, there are many global things going on with the war on cash, banking controls and the rise of corporate control and this may be something they will have to take on board in the end for their own (dearly selfish) desires :rolleyes:
I take hope in opinions like this.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/apple-co-founder-snowden-hero-me

The problem is that privacy like many things is only something you notice once you don't have it. Add to this that people are being told this will stop the terrorists\pedophiles\drugs and the complexity of the technologies involved. This results in a issue that is it is extremely hard for Joe Average to comprehended.

Back