• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

Another Great “Ambassador Project”
(which shows us all what is actually possible, Ambassador or not, getting the Dash word out is what it is all about)
The DARQ Episode 02
https://darq.io/episodes/ep02
Tx buster

Edit:
whow 3 posts in a row, i am not evan an Ambassador
shouldn't i get a golden DAG batch or something , maybe an extra stripe on my shoulder,... ?!
:wink:

Thanks tungfa! Golden badges!!! Where do we get those! :what::what::what:

Hey guys I'm so sorry I was away because my mother was diagnosed with cancer that was aggressive and deep. It was skin cancer and 6 years ago she lost her eyesight. So i really need to be a helping hand to both my mother and father. Now that I'm home she was cancer free when I left there house. I feel so bad because it was such a bad time because we were just getting going here. I know I missed the volunteer meeting obviously but I really want to do all I can. Again I apologize and feel so bad. I have had plenty of time to think and I've come up with some really great ideas. With me being gone I think I'll bring them up in the first meeting because someone could have already mentioned a similar idea. I'm really glad to be back and I'm super excited to get going again.

1st Hong Kong "Inside Bitcoin Conference" 2015
Yesterday and today

tickets for the panel and speeches were around US$ 200- 300 !!
note to self and everybody else:
there is always a way in for free !
(and this time as well)

Super interesting, small but good amount of people, all BTC obviously and no Altcoins whatsoever !
People love meeting real Dash/DRK'ers in person ! Great to talk about "our" things to the outside world,
as they have sooooo many questions.
they all know Dash (obviously as we are on #4), are all interested and all have an eye on us and the coming ideas !
What a great place to pick new contacts, warm up old contacts, meet people who are huge in Dash and Mining x11 (Farms) and make contact,
work on the contacts you wanted to work on but never knew how to contact these people, new ideas for Dash over these contacts, .......
contact contact contact !!
i think all of you get my point, and i can only ENCOURAGE everybody to go to conferences !
Bitcoin conferences, tech conferences, money conferences, security Conferences, Hacker Conferences ,.....

Conferences = Contacts
+ great fun ! :wink:
fZeS1Ga.jpg

(PhotoShopped for privacy)

1st Hong Kong "Inside Bitcoin Conference" 2015

Super interesting, small but good amount of people, all BTC obviously and no Altcoins whatsoever !
People love meeting real Dash/DRK'ers in person ! Great to talk about "our" things to the outside world,
as they have sooooo many questions.

Tungfa, good to hear that someone from Dash community went there. I had been thinking to make a stopover in HongKong on my way to Chiang Mai but decided not to and spend the saved money on my Dash project ;-)

Another idea for Ambassador Group about adoption:

Community could have at least 1 dedicated person (one of our Ambassadors?) to help merchants setup all the stuff. So he (or even better she? ;) ) must be technical enough for cover the entire range of technical problems about implementing DASH to any possible site (competent in scripts, engines and so on). So we could announce something like this: "Do you want to accept DASH? Send "Marry" a letter and she will help you. Maximum in 24 hour your customers will be able to pay you with Dash!"

It'll be good if such a person is also competent in using encrypted messaging and other tools to make help private. And ready to help dark markets also.

I think adoption is not only about users, but about merchants also. And now they don't have an easy guide or help to start accepting DASH directly (without intermediary - payment processors)...

Another idea for Ambassador Group about adoption:

Community could have at least 1 dedicated person (one of our Ambassadors?) to help merchants setup all the stuff. So he (or even better she? ;) ) must be technical enough for cover the entire range of technical problems about implementing DASH to any possible site (competent in scripts, engines and so on). So we could announce something like this: "Do you want to accept DASH? Send "Marry" a letter and she will help you. Maximum in 24 hour your customers will be able to pay you with Dash!"

It'll be good if such a person is also competent in using encrypted messaging and other tools to make help private. And ready to help dark markets also.

I think adoption is not only about users, but about merchants also. And now they don't have an easy guide or help to start accepting DASH directly (without intermediary - payment processors)...
Thank you!

I'm presenting Dash at the Barcelona Bitcoin Meetup in Barcelona next Tuesday. To any dasher around the area... please come and help spread the word!

http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-barcelona/events/222636340/

The Barcelona BTC meetup is the biggest in Spain and one of the most attended ones in Europe. Besides the usual attendance (30-40 people), all people at the Bitcoin panel in the Symposium on Electronic Crime Research (eCrime 2015), that takes place in Barcelona that same day, are invited:

https://apwg.org/apwg-events/ecrime2015/

The organization expects many of them to go to the meetup and this could be a good opportunity to present Dash in a more friendly way to this audience.

I will do a 20-30 min overview of Dash, covering masternodes, darksend, instantX and blockchain governance. We will try to connect with Evan via Skype for the Q&A, but we don't know for sure yet because we need to test the audio at the venue first.

aleix made this possible and he will record the presentation. We'll make the video and the deck available so anyone can use.

I will be travelling to Barcelona specifically for this. Depending onf the final arrangements, I expect the cost of the train and the hotel to be around 200-250 EUR (80-100 DASH). I'll be doing this anyway, but donations to help cover the costs are more than welcomed :) My address is XcuTUeqH3zQmrfWQB3APRWLWkvM2fshpQc

If there is any excess over the cost, I'll tip attendees who download the wallet after the event so they can try Dash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whow
that is very very cool !
Tx for stepping up Fernando !
great that you guys will do a video too, that will be a great PR tool + a good learning session for yourself and others
(specially the Ambassadors)

Make sure you have the Android Wallet download there accessible !
Tip for some beers incoming
(sorry have to wait for MN payments, am all out in the moment)
bbbae0f8561f60e4b36e54a694441e22bfe26bb28d9870c45877568d6e3043e4-000

Edit:
ohCEx1o.png

Whow
that is very very cool !
great that you guys will do a video too, that will be a great PR tool + a good learning session for yourself and others

Make sure you have the Android Wallet download there accessible !
Tip for some beers incoming
(sorry have to wait for MN payments, am all out in the moment)
bbbae0f8561f60e4b36e54a694441e22bfe26bb28d9870c45877568d6e3043e4-000

Vielen dank! I'll try to make all mistakes so others can see what not to do :smile:

Whow
that is very very cool !

Great! Video may be not good if you have little experience with public speeches. But if it would be good enough - it maybe even more useful than Meetup itself.

This is for Meetup door (PM for better size). :)
53ecd0e33479.jpg

Excellent timing, I just arrived in my CAT base (one hour north of BCN) a couple of days ago, I shall definitely be attending, I was at the first Spanish BTC meet up in Madrid in 2012 http://www.yorokobu.es/bitcoin-el-lento-auge-de-la-moneda-anarquista

I will make a donation in Euros on the day personally as I'd rather hang on to my DASH atm.

That is awesome, it will be great to have you there!

That link is super interesting. The Madrid Bitcoin community is quite dispersed right now, but I plan to start paying it more attention. There are three or four groups and only one of them meets regularly.

Back