• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Crosspost for visibility] No Vote, No Count

I have updated this pre-proposal with a couple of working examples.

For each proposal, if a masternode has not voted in this or previous cycles (Yes, No or Abstain), it will not be included in the final count.

Please be more specific what you mean with 'final count'

I am starting to get the feeling that you want a masternode ip address that did not vote in a voting cycle, get temporary removed as registered masternode without impacting its rewards. So that the 10% threshold gets a little lower as the proposal system then counts less registered masternodes.

I am not sure that is technically even possible or even desirable.

I think you should post about this in Ryan's upcoming discussion about changing our proposal system (once he fully worked the details). I know Ryan wants to extend the proposal system to 20%, we already have details about that. But he also mentioned he wanted to investigate ways to increase voting participation and streamline the whole proposal system. That discussion did not take place as no details emerged about it yet (as far as i know). This topic could fall under that.

Last edited:
Please be more specific what you mean with 'final count'

I am starting to get the feeling that you want a masternode ip address that did not vote in a voting cycle, get temporary removed as registered masternode without impacting its rewards. So that the 10% threshold gets a little lower as the proposal system then counts less registered masternodes.

I am not sure that is technically even possible or even desirable.

I think you should post about this in Ryan's upcoming discussion about changing our proposal system (once he fully worked the details). I know Ryan wants to extend the proposal system to 20%, we already have details about that. But he also mentioned he wanted to investigate ways to increase voting participation and streamline the whole proposal system. That discussion did not take place as no details emerged about it yet (as far as i know). This topic could fall under that.

Actually, am about to substantially change the concept. Stay tuned.

@qwizzie

I have materially revised this concept.

Currently, the threshold for winning a proposal is set at 10% of the total number of masternodes.

This proposal sets the threshold at 10% of the total count of unique masternodes that participated in voting. For example, if only 500 masternodes participated in voting, the threshold would be set at 50. Thus, if MNO participation is low then proposals slide through easier, and conversely, if MNO participation is high, the threshold rises.

Back