• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Creating your second, third, fourth etc masternodes...

stonehedge

Foundation Member
Gah I am so frustrated.

Yidakee set up a MN for me a few days ago and he is going to help me set up another one tomorrow. I thought I'd have a try at doing it myself first....Yidakee could always QC my work afterwards.

Chaeplin's guide is fantastic. I thought I was doing great...got the iptables sorted, installed Darkcoind...

Then I totally freaked that Chaeplin's guide is written as if you are setting up a solo node and I panicked at changing any conf files for fear of messing up my running node. I don't know if you can do it with the same wallet for example or just a new address within the wallet.

Oh well...this is why you hire in professional help
smiley.gif

Anyway, how does it work when you want to have multiple MNs?

Do you need multiple wallets or can you just use different addresses within a single wallet?

How would your conf file differ on the local side when running multiple nodes?

I'm sure Yidakee will educate me thoroughly tomorrow but I'm too eager to wait :)

I wonder same thing, but thats why i have two separate WM:s
and each one have cold (local) wallet in there, just to be safe.
2 MN total, and WM are nice because you can take the snapshots and backups.
Of course wallet.dat:s are backed up separately multiple places also.

Anyway, how does it work when you want to have multiple MNs?
Do you need multiple wallets or can you just use different addresses within a single wallet?
How would your conf file differ on the local side when running multiple nodes?
Yes, you need one wallet per node.
And: You need multiple locals for multiple remotes.

Thanks vertoe. Thats what I needed confirmation for, the requirement for multiple locals for multiple remotes.

Is there a more elegant way to have two wallets on a Mac than having a wallet.dat and anotherwallet.dat and rename as and when you want to access either?

You can run multiple wallets at once with a special command line argument.
./darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/stonehedge/.darkcoin1
./darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/stonehedge/.darkcoin2
./darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/stonehedge/.darkcoin3

Brilliant stuff, thanks again vertoe. I look forward to my impending yidakee masterclass tomorrow.

Just to summarise what I did with Yidakee today.
Initially we set up so I could switch between wallets and conf files as and when necessary on the same Mac but in the end I decided just to install QT on another Mac and keep wallets seperately.

I'm likely to be adding more nodes soon. I'm probably going to be taking care of the local wallet side of this within linux virtual machines on a spare high spec PC that I have.

You can run multiple wallets at once with a special command line argument.
./darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/stonehedge/.darkcoin1
./darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/stonehedge/.darkcoin2
./darkcoin-qt -datadir=/home/stonehedge/.darkcoin3

Can we do the same with masternode ?
What to chande by MN .conf ?
Can they be lauch in the same datadir ?
Does its need different darkoind (drkdmn1, drkdmn2) ?
MN1 eth0 local IP X.X.X.1 external IP Y.Y.Y.1
MN2 eth1 local IP X.X.X.2 external IP Y.Y.Y.2

Thx

Back