• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Create a Mining Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some cases I guess it's like with cryptos - you select one based on your criteria and you take the risk. If it stays, you were in early (though I don't know how much that would matter in the case of a pool, fewer members to share the reward with possibly).
And if you don't mind me asking - as a pool operator, what are your top 3 features you'd look at when choosing a mining pool?

That's a funny question. Let me tell you that administrating multiple mining pools, developing the stratum engine and doing support for the miners is so intense that I've hardly have to to mine myself. Except for doing smoke tests on new pool features. :)

That's a funny question. Let me tell you that administrating multiple mining pools, developing the stratum engine and doing support for the miners is so intense that I've hardly have to to mine myself. Except for doing smoke tests on new pool features. :)

Oooh, does it mean you don't mine yourself? :) I was just curious if somebody with more 'inside knowledge' would approach choosing a mining pool differently than somebody who bases their decision on internet research only.

I used to be a miner before I got into crypto-currency development and had a lot of fun implementing a stratum-engine from scratch. And when you start developing such a piece of software, you better run a pool as well to validate that the software actually works as expected.

Going for walks your own cryptocurrency mining pool calls for a giant quantity of infrastructure and bootstrapping, because you have a hen and egg problem wherein no person desires to mine in a low hash strength pool because it has low consistency.

So it’s difficult to get humans in at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back