• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Core Team Proposals (Funding October 1st)

glennaustin

DCG Funding Proposals (October)
Dash Core Team will be submitting our funding proposals to the Dash network on Wednesday or Thursday of next week (September 5th-6th). We are not posting the proposals on the first day of the budget cycle since the cycle happens to start on the weekend and Monday is a Holiday in the U.S.

We anticipate requesting approximately 60% of the monthly budget this cycle, in line with previous guidance. Stay tuned for the detailed proposals.

EDIT: Core proposals will be posted tomorrow (September 7th) as we need to confirm some final numbers prior to submitting.

Last edited:
Appreciate the very early pre-proposal announcement Glen. Keep up the good work everyone at core. It is becoming evident the markets are viewing the professionalism of this project favorably. I believe your pre-proposal announcements will be asking for less than 10% in the near future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea to set your maximum ask thresholds at 60% and 80% originated with you, did it not? Did you solicit feedback from the network on that idea? If you didn't, I don't think you can call it "guidance". The network provides guidance to you, not the other way around. Personally, I think 49% would be the best limit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea to set your maximum ask thresholds at 60% and 80% originated with you, did it not? Did you solicit feedback from the network on that idea? If you didn't, I don't think you can call it "guidance". The network provides guidance to you, not the other way around. Personally, I think 49% would be the best limit.

This wasn't the result of a formal vote, but as I recall from informal discussions with various community members after it became clear we were in a bear market, just an FYI. I believe some traces of it can be found in some of the very lengthy discussions in both DC and other places in the Forum covering DCG's past few proposals.

This wasn't the result of a formal vote, but as I recall from informal discussions with various community members after it became clear we were in a bear market, just an FYI. I believe some traces of it can be found in some of the very lengthy discussions in both DC and other places in the Forum covering DCG's past few proposals.
I've tried to find the first post about it, but I wasn't able and I don't think it makes sense to put a lot of time in forum archaeology. If my memory serves me well, the 80% came from Evan in the very early days of the treasury. The limits have been developed more as the system has evolved.

However, none of this matters and there is no need for a vote on those limits because proposals are indeed voted. DCG can't claim those percentages of the funds, we only make proposals. MNOs can decide if those proposals that represent a given percentage of the budget are in the best interest of the network and act accordingly. Some DCG proposals have failed to pass in the past and I'm sure others will in the future.

I just want to add that we are all working in an extremely uncertain space. Trying to set up general rules and limits in advance is close to pointless because none of us know what the future brings. We can only discuss as we go and act collectively in what each of us believes to be in the best interest of Dash.

Back