• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Continued Support for the Dash.red project

Would you vote to continue support for the Dash.red project?

• YES

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ec1warc1

Our most recent MNO Report:

Dash.red pre-proposal. Requesting support from April 1, 2018 – July 31, 2018

Amount requested: 44 Dash per month, 4 months

Dash.red team members: Edward Stoever, Paula Stoever, Luisa Restrepo, Davi Oliveira (Brazil).

This proposal requests four months of continued support. The Dash.red project focuses on promoting Dash to people in Latin America. Dash.red gives Dash in small quantities to thousands of people every day. We have taken effective steps to ensure that each transaction completed through the Dash.red website per day is to a different person. Important links:

Our website: https://dash.red/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/dashred
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dash_red_games
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dash.red.games/

How we have performed over the past four months:
  • Dash.red has achieved its 100,000th transaction!

• Currently, Dash.red is completing over 1500 transactions per day and is growing quickly, particularly with new members from Venezuela.

• We have completed the following social media promotions:
    • Pick a card
    • Pick a card Brazil (Davi's channel)
    • Video contest
    • Facebook meme contest
    • x + Y = ???
    • Dash me $5 (worldwide, Venezuela, Brazil, Bulgaria)
    • Where are we? (Fuerte de San Diego, Acapulco)
    • How many duffs for $20 USD
  • We had additional funds so we extended our last proposal out one month

• Our web servers were attacked in December and January. We created the program of account verification by YouTube video. It has allowed us to continue with great success. This challenge has delayed the creation of the Dash.red certificates.

• We turned a very negative situation completely around! We had to block Venezuela Ips because of the attacks, but with the new program of verification by video we no longer need to do this. Negativity has disappeared from our comments on YouTube and Facebook! The total time that Venezuela was blocked was 15 days.

• We have met our goals for creating BLOG content

• We have met our goals for meetups in Colombia

• We have met our goals for attending the following events:
    • Latin American Bitcoin and Blockchain conference
    • Anarchapulco
  • Weekly MNO reports via YouTube documenting our challenges and accomplishments

• Frequent reports targeted to the Dash Community via Twitter

Our goals for the next 4 months:

• Reach 6000 YouTube verified accounts (currently we have 3300)

• Reach 2500 transactions per day from the website

• A meetup in Cali, Colombia

• A meetup in Ciudad Bolivar, Antioquia, Colombia

• A meetup in Medellin for Venezuelan citizens living in Colombia

• Attend Porcfest in New Hampshire http://porcfest.com/

• Attend Cripto Latin Fest in Bogota http://criptolatinfest.com

• Integrate our forms into our wordpress theme

• Create a method to pay social media promotions through the website so we can keep better track of the accounting of all payouts

• Create a secure method to allow members to withdraw more than the current limit of the website.

• Dash.red certificates

• Continued games in Social media

• Requiring players of our Social media games to register their game play through forms on the website, increasing security and interaction with players

As Venezuelan, I like the venezuelan inclution in your project! There's a lot of them in Colombia, Dash is a way to help their families back home.

Cheers!

What is your view on the synergy vs overlap and differences vs similarities between dash.red and getfreedash?

What is your view on the synergy vs overlap and differences vs similarities between dash.red and getfreedash?

This is a really good question. I did not know that getfreedash was a MNO and Dash Community supported project until just recently. Perhaps dash.red and getfreedash.com will be able to do some promotions together.

I don't believe that "overlap" is a problem right now. Dash.red is big in Venezuela, but that is also because cryptocurrency is growing so quickly there. If overlap were considered a real issue, I think that the dash community should consider these strengths that make dash.red stand out from other projects:
  • Our method of verifying accounts
  • We don't need a referral program, we get referrals because our website is entertaining and fun. Referral programs are susceptible to fraud.
  • Dash.red has a strong social-media presence and is working on integrating that presence into the website for better contest verification.
  • Dash.red participates in many activities, appearing at many events (LABitConf, Anarchapulco, etc)
  • Dash.red completes more than 1500 transactions per day, 78% of which are going to people Venezuela! We have verified this carefully!

How do you go about verification?

I am so glad you asked this question! Each member must create a video in which he/she makes a statement that this will be his/her only account and that he/she manages his/her own dash wallet. The full details can be seen here:
https://dash.red/dash-red-website-en/youtube-verification/

Every video is viewed carefully from beginning to end. A screenshot is taken of each face and I use recognition software to verify that the person is unique from all other users. It may sound like a long process, but compared to having the web servers beaten up by people thinking that they can get away with anything, it saves time and allows me to live a happy life!!! People behave like ladies and gentlemen. Currently, I have processed 3340 members as absolutely, unquestionably unique individuals!

This is actually very interesting. Your verification method sounds like it works well, but also creates a fairly significant barrier of time and effort, whereas getfreedash has almost no barrier but much higher chance of fraud.

I see a lot of value in pursuing both these strategies simultaneously until the free dash for venezuela effort becomes more refined.

but also creates a fairly significant barrier of time and effort

The psychology of something that takes effort to get - makes it more valuable once it is attained. People are more likely to protect and value their dash.red accounts when they have taken the extra effort required to create them! Thank you for your comments!

please take my opinion with a grain of salt, I believe going through the effort to upload a video should carry a greater reward, perhaps two or three dollars instead of fifty cents.

Your approach is an alternative way to offer a dividend to the people, and this is great.

But as long as I am anonymity advocate, I dont like the fact that you require for them to show their face and reveal their identity in order for them to receive the dividend. I have a different approach on that, I would require for people to gather together in meetings and put their dash wallet address into a ballot box. That way the individuality is assured, but also the anonymity too.

Additionaly, it is fun when your clients are playing games, but couldnt you make them do something more usefull than just playing video games? Or even better, let them decide what they want to do with the dividend they received, and create that way a mini/duff economy. You should discourage people from withdrawing their dash. It would be better the dash to stay into your system, and circulate among your clients.

Last edited:
the effort to upload a video should carry a greater reward, perhaps two or three dollars instead of fifty cents.
35,000 duffs is about 25 cents. It is 25 cents PER DAY. if you withdraw 20 times in a month, which is easy to do, is it $5 - per month - for the time that the website survives. This keeps Dash in the mind of the member for the entire month and generates 20 transactions per month for that user, proving that Dash is economically viable for transactions of any size.

Or even better, let them decide what they want to do with the dividend they received, and create that way a mini/duff economy. You should discourage people from withdrawing their dash. It would be better the dash to stay into your system, and circulate among your clients.

Hello Demo! Nice to see you again [virtually].

Members of Dash.red are free to do what they want with the duffs they receive. We send them real duffs that become theirs on the blockchain.

Regarding "anonymity advocate" - I am a freedom advocate. Members are free to choose to reveal who they are to me only - or they can just keep their anonymity and not be part of the website. It was either that, or the website would crash and burn to those with improper intentions. What is the purpose of Dash.red? Is it to advocate for anonymity? or is it a promotion for our cryptocurrency Dash? Like many promotions in the world, when you win, you must reveal your identity.

Hello mr. Edward. Please keep doing what you are doing. dash.red has made a huge impact in Venezuela, and I know that Brazil is the 2nd country which has more visits your website.

Besides dash.red, you, your wife and your team have a great commitment to Dash, I love watching your videos and your MNO reports. And that's what it makes a project succesfull: its people.

Cheers from Venezuela, I hope you can visit us soon for a Dash Caracas conference this year (I talked to Eugenia) :)

Regarding "anonymity advocate" - I am a freedom advocate. Members are free to choose to reveal who they are to me only - or they can just keep their anonymity and not be part of the website. It was either that, or the website would crash and burn to those with improper intentions.

Your quote is similar to the following: "I am a free speech advocate. People ought to shut up in my own site and listen to me - or alternatively they can talk freely to whatever else website they want". Does this makes sense? What kind of freedom is this? If you are a freedom advocate, you should allow everyone to exist in your site.

I know that by "improper intentions" you mean when someone intends to receive more dividend than the others. And it is great what you are doing, you defend equality and justice. But if some group of people can proove their individuality without revealing their anonymity, why do you exclude them?

Last edited:
35,000 duffs is about 25 cents. It is 25 cents PER DAY. if you withdraw 20 times in a month, which is easy to do, is it $5 - per month - for the time that the website survives. This keeps Dash in the mind of the member for the entire month and generates 20 transactions per month for that user, proving that Dash is economically viable for transactions of any size.
Brilliant

Furthermore I would like to point that your face recognition method is discriminatory, because you exclude this kind of people.

13-composite-burka.jpg

I am totally against biometrics, and I am a proponent of cryptoparties as a proof of individuality. But if you insist on biometrics, maybe you have better try a voice recognition method. Ask some random questions to your clients, analyze their voice and check whether it is an original voice, not computerized, not distorted and of course unique. That way you will include all people who dont care about biometrics, but also they deny to show their face.

And my conditional vote in your poll:
If you encourage your clients to spend their dash inside your site, by inviting and incentivizing some local merchants and some local product suppliers to open dash wallets so that your clients will have the option to participate on a real dash economy, then I vote yes.

I am not a masternode, so dont take my vote seriously.

Last edited:
I know that by "improper intentions" you mean when someone intends to receive more dividend than the others.

By improper intentions, I mean that an individual creates 6 accounts, opens them all up at the same time from different browsers, and attempts to play them all at the same time. Then, after failing to withdraw from them all when done because of security that was in place, create 6 more accounts and do it again, many times per day. This activity was taking place by multiple people and drove the CPU of the servers up to levels where the website became unresponsive for everyone.

My concern is to keep the website usable for everyone. The way I found to do this was to change the mindset of the members from one of "I can get away with anything because no one knows who I am and I can create as many accounts as I want" to one of "my Dash.red account has great value and I will take measures to protect it."

Your quote is similar to the following: "I am a free speech advocate. People ought to shut up in my own site and listen to me - or alternatively they can talk freely to whatever else website they want". Does this makes sense?

No, that does not make any sense and I disagree with the analogy.

I think of it this way: Dash.red is my home. Welcome to the masquerade party. There are people here who ran into the closet. Open the door. They are lighting a fire. Ok, everyone! Please remove your masks! Thank you.

I think of it this way: Dash.red is my home. Welcome to the masquerade party. There are people here who ran into the closet. Open the door. They are lighting a fire. Ok, everyone! Please remove your masks! Thank you.

It is not your home since you ask for funds from the budget system.
It is Dash's DAO home.
Additionaly Dash DAO likes decentralization, and your facial recognition system where it is only you who is judging who is allowed to play into this home and who is not, it is highly centralized.
Centralization is against the spirit of the dash DAO, and against the spirit of the Dash community in general.

Last edited:
By improper intentions, I mean that an individual creates 6 accounts, opens them all up at the same time from different browsers, and attempts to play them all at the same time. Then, after failing to withdraw from them all when done because of security that was in place, create 6 more accounts and do it again, many times per day. This activity was taking place by multiple people and drove the CPU of the servers up to levels where the website became unresponsive for everyone.

My concern is to keep the website usable for everyone. The way I found to do this was to change the mindset of the members from one of "I can get away with anything because no one knows who I am and I can create as many accounts as I want" to one of "my Dash.red account has great value and I will take measures to protect it."

If your motivation is not the fairness of the dividend, then why dont you just increase the CPU of your servers? Instead of building this complicate face recognition system, why dont you just buy yet another VPS, in order to be able to serve anyone,, scammers and not scammers?

I dont think it is a problem of CPU. Somewhere deep inside you, you have the sense of justice.

Back