• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Considering making a 10-15 minute for my youtube viewers on Dash

Tommyworldpower

Edit-- Updated this OP with the full post that i posted on dashtreasury.org, which you can also see at https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-1515.pre

Hey guys, I was thinking about doing a DASH video, I wanted to do it through the proposal system and in my video I will talk about this, how I was compensated (to stir up more interest in other Youtubers doing this). I have a strong and growing reach in the cryptocurrency space. My audience is largely business-minded people, and existing cryptocurrency users but with few already involved in Dash.

You can see an example of my work here, in this video that I made a week ago (and DASH was actually one of my top cryptocurrency picks). Also note that my video was EXTREMELY well recieved (and well done if I may say so myself ;)

I am a reputable and morally-conscious person, and my content is very well-received. I currently have almost 8000 followers over Youtube and Twitter and because of the success of my recent videos, I am pacing to gain thousands of followers per month, and expect this to continue (or accelerate) for the next few months as I continue to create more in-demand content in the cryptocurrency space. Thus ultimately this video can have the reach of reaching 20k+ plus followers just in the next few months. Furthermore, because my videos are engaging, my videos tend to rank well on Youtube and appear in the "Recommended videos" on the side (as a big factor in Youtube rankings is the % of the video that is watched).

If this video is a success, I can do follow ups on other various subjects (open to recommendations!)

Below is the Outline for my Dash video, I may edit or add more, suggestions are welcome!

----
How Dash got started as Darkcoin, with privatesend feature.

Prominent features:
Treasury and Governance System
-Masternodes
-Amount of treasury and funding ability
-Potential of this with marketing
Instantsend
Private send- Built in mixing (this is the main way many people function on darknet still, cool its built in)

Other important points-
Community size and strength- sizable community on official forum, and growing.
Strong developers who have proven themselves to be innovative and future conscious
Modest inflation rate

Where Dash is going in the future- thought process is making it accessible to the masses-- strong mission.
----

Hope you guys like the proposal, if so, I can get get it produced ASAP while there is a lot going on in the space!

Proposal amount: 45 Dash.
Production/release date: As far as timeline for making this, I would plan on releasing the video within 1-2 weeks of the proposal being funded, there is a lot of energy in cryptocurrency right now and thus it would be to Dash's advantage to have the video out ASAP, and I am conscious of that.

Best regards!
Tommy

Last edited:
Hi Tommy! I think I am one of your new subscribers I have been on this for him for a few months now so I will share a bit of my experience to hopefully help you.

First, I think it takes a while for people here to get to know you and your personality, like any community or even family. I would spend some time here and on the dash Slack channel meeting other members and commenting on other topics.

Then I might do a short video about Dash to show the Dash community that you are interested and what your approach is like for those unfamiliar with your work. I know for someone like you with a huge following already this might seem like overkill, but trust me the people here just need to get to know and trust you.

Amanda B Johnson did a three minute video explaining how to submit a proposal. You can find that on YouTube. That should help, too. Welcome to the community! Hope to see you on Slack as well!

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Tommy

Just want to find out if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit it?
If so, do you agree to the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) assisting you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?
The way we do it is to give a Report on your Proposal highlighting areas that you can improve.
As you improve the Proposal the Report is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 5 or more), each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.

The Report also has another function:
To give the Pre-Proposal a percentage mark. This percentage will make it possible to give the MNO’s and community a prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save everyone time and increase the chance of your Proposal gaining votes.

However, please be aware that the PEC has not officially been accepted by the MNO’s. We are also in the Pre-Proposal phase, so you have no obligation to let us help you, but
we will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals near the end of the cycle in any case.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please PM me on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating agreement.
2. and if you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
3. Once you have read it you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit the 1st Report, so I will wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.

If you don’t want the PEC to help with your Proposal – please PM me as well, then I won’t bug you again for an answer :wink:

Good luck with your Proposal!

Hi Tommy! I think I am one of your new subscribers I have been on this for him for a few months now so I will share a bit of my experience to hopefully help you.

First, I think it takes a while for people here to get to know you and your personality, like any community or even family. I would spend some time here and on the dash Slack channel meeting other members and commenting on other topics.

Then I might do a short video about Dash to show the Dash community that you are interested and what your approach is like for those unfamiliar with your work. I know for someone like you with a huge following already this might seem like overkill, but trust me the people here just need to get to know and trust you.

Amanda B Johnson did a three minute video explaining how to submit a proposal. You can find that on YouTube. That should help, too. Welcome to the community! Hope to see you on Slack as well!

Thanks for the recommendation, I will try to spend more time around here (though I am quite busy right now and don't have much time to hang out on any specific cryptocurrency right now).

I'm not really sure where to go to gain the DASH communities attention. I am hesitant to present a proposal with DASH prices as they are (as its nearly $1k now to present a proposal), not really sure where to go from here... I guess I could wait it out till my followers are even higher so it becomes a no brainer, but yeah, that's is where I feel it's at right now.

If you want, you can send a rough draft of your proposal and I'll have one of the PEC evaluators send you a report that will highlight the areas where we need more/better info. In private of course ;)
That will give you a better idea of what we need/expect.
After that it should be quite easy to prepare a good proposal.
PM me if you want to do that.
Good luck

I am definitely not opposed to something like this it just depends on cost. That said it also seems like you could produce such a video without the need for us to pay for it if you really like dash.

Assuming the video we would pay for is more fleshed out than your usual content and thereby worth paying for. It might be good if you do a small video on Dash just to build a reputation. It would definitely increase the chances of your proposal passing.

Tommy has posted an official pre-proposal here: https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-1515.pre

Tommy: I think based on the size and qualification of viewers you have on your YouTube channel that your offer is perfectly reasonable. DashTreasury.org will sponsor you for 1 DASH on this. The normal 5 DASH fee is automatically reduced to 4 DASH when you convert your pre-proposal to an official one on the site. We're willing to support you in getting this pushed through. The value is apparent to us. If there's any other help you need, let us know. Before you push it to an official proposal, you should add a more specific deadline for when the video will be released.

Thanks for bring this offer to Dash.

Last edited:
I am definitely not opposed to something like this it just depends on cost. That said it also seems like you could produce such a video without the need for us to pay for it if you really like dash.

Assuming the video we would pay for is more fleshed out than your usual content and thereby worth paying for. It might be good if you do a small video on Dash just to build a reputation. It would definitely increase the chances of your proposal passing.

I have made some videos about Dash in the past, talking about the innovation of Dash's treasury system, and Dash was among my top 10 cryptocurrency picks which you can see below, also note the amount of views I get and how well-received my content is.

I would like to be paid for this, AND I would like to encourage other strong Youtubers to also join in and make videos about Dash-- this is one of the strongest forms of marketing available to Dash, and we should capitalize on it (especially if their audience, like mine, hasn't been exposed to it much yet, it can add thousands of users just from these types of videos).

:

abob54 said:
Tommy has posted an official pre-proposal here: https://www.dashtreasury.org/p-1515.pre

Tommy: I think based on the size and qualification of viewers you have on your YouTube channel that your offer is perfectly reasonable. DashTreasury.org will sponsor you for 1 DASH on this. The normal 5 DASH fee is automatically reduced to 4 DASH when you convert your pre-proposal to an official one on the site. We're willing to support you in getting this pushed through. The value is apparent to us. If there's any other help you need, let us know. Before you push it to an official proposal, you should add a more specific deadline for when the video will be released.

Thanks for bring this offer to Dash.

Thank you abob, I appreciate the support! Do you know if there's any way to get the proposal subsidized further? 4 Dash is still a lot to risk to make this proposal and makes me hesitant to do so, though ideally I would like to make the proposal official ASAP seeing as how there is a lot of energy in cryptocurrency right now, thus the sooner the better.

Thank you abob, I appreciate the support! Do you know if there's any way to get the proposal subsidized further? 4 Dash is still a lot to risk to make this proposal and makes me hesitant to do so, though ideally I would like to make the proposal official ASAP seeing as how there is a lot of energy in cryptocurrency right now, thus the sooner the better.

@tungfa Tommyworldpower has a strong audience of relevant viewers, but doesn't want to risk the 4 Dash proposal fee (DashTreasury.org is willing to subsidize 1 Dash for this.).

Having good advertising like this fall through the cracks because of a high proposal fee is not good for Dash. DashTreasury.org would have subsidized 4.5 Dash of Tommy's proposal but our simple reimbursement of the Awesome Dash Song fees is barely above 1%, so we're not too encouraged to pay for more Dash fees if votes aren't even in support of reimbursing our own proposal fee loans to small proposal owners. It's a bit mind boggling, but that is indeed the situation we find ourselves in.

Any ideas on how to get Tommyworldpower in the loop outside of the proposal board? Is this something Core could take a look at? He has lots of crypto viewers on his channel and would add value.

@tungfa Tommyworldpower has a strong audience of relevant viewers, but doesn't want to risk the 4 Dash proposal fee (DashTreasury.org is willing to subsidize 1 Dash for this.).

Having good advertising like this fall through the cracks because of a high proposal fee is not good for Dash. DashTreasury.org would have subsidized 4.5 Dash of Tommy's proposal but our simple reimbursement of the Awesome Dash Song fees is barely above 1%, so we're not too encouraged to pay for more Dash fees if votes aren't even in support of reimbursing our own proposal fee loans to small proposal owners. It's a bit mind boggling, but that is indeed the situation we find ourselves in.

Any ideas on how to get Tommyworldpower in the loop outside of the proposal board? Is this something Core could take a look at? He has lots of crypto viewers on his channel and would add value.

Yes, it would be nice if there was some kind of fast track approach for funding if a 'well known' person comes along wishing to promote Dash...

Difficult to differentiate when this would or would not apply tho...

Core is who the MNOs currently trust most, so for the moment, this type of review should probably happen by them. They've got the reserve funding.

They have appropriately backdoored a sponsorship or two, but should probably press on the gas when it comes to external marketing. It's really a shame to see good opportunities pass by when there's a way to get them into the budget.

Core is who the MNOs currently trust most, so for the moment, this type of review should probably happen by them. They've got the reserve funding.

They have appropriately backdoored a sponsorship or two, but should probably press on the gas when it comes to external marketing. It's really a shame to see good opportunities pass by when there's a way to get them into the budget.

If Core has decided to be R&D only, no problem, but please communicate those intentions. For the moment, though, it looks like Core is interested in having a finger in marketing, but without doing it with any vigor, focus or effectiveness. No guidance provided whatsoever.

At the risk of sounding brash, when it comes to Core and their role in marketing, I may say "Shit or get off the pot."

Added an edit to the proposal where I indicate I will make the video ASAP and release it no more than 1-2 weeks after it is funded. I know this is a time-sensitive thing with all the buzz in cryptocurrency right now and a lot of people tuned into the space.

Could you please keep an up-to-date pre-proposal description on these forums dashtreasury.org isn't read by that many people yet and we don't want to split attention over so many forums.

Back