• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Considering making a 10-15 minute for my youtube viewers on Dash

Anyone have any other ideas to help make this happen? @Bitlong Jim didn't reach out to me yet.

The problem is even a 4 Dash proposal fee is steep and risky. Any other ideas guys?

@mastermined would Dash Force be willing to subsidize a portion of Tommy's proposal fee? Dashtreasury.org is in for 1 Dash.

$8000 seems very excessive for one 10-15 minute video.
I was going to start a YouTube video contest this month but decided to prioritize reworking the Dash Force meetup and presentation contest to focus on merchant adoption instead. I should have that done next week and will then work on the YT video contest for July. Our video contest will be offering 1 Dash to the best 5 videos of the month. It sounds like this would win easily but 1 Dash is a bit less than 45 Dash.
This may be perfect for @jimbursch https://fundchan.com/dashbudgetwatch but the 45 Dash may be the reason he has not jumped in. I don't think this will pass asking for so much Dash/money.

@mastermined I think one of the best things we could possibly do is offer good benefits to those leading large audiences to bring them into Dash. Especially for their first videos where our audiences haven't had significant exposure to Dash. Also, I don't plan on selling the Dash, I plan on keeping it, the treasury budget is not allocated, then the Dash are simply not created so that is a lose-lose. Thus my reward has only positive benefit and no downside, not to mention then I am more incentivized to make videos on my own (as I would hold more Dash), and the benefit of me giving Dash the spotlight to my audience nearing 10,000 followers, and growing strongly.

Just to boot, if you feel my proposal is asking much, how was it rationalized doing airplane ads for $60k a month to 200k people was worthwhile? My video will probably reach 10k+ people, all of my subscribers of whom I've personally earned their trust, and are giving their undivided attention and are far more likely to become users of Dash rather than glancing at an airplane ad (no offense to the guy doing it, I'm just saying, if you don't think my proposal is worth it, please look at that). Pound for pound, that comparison is ~$0.33 for each possible glance at Dash to an untargeted audience with low engagement, vs my estimated ~$1 per view for a targeted audience, where average view amount will at least several minutes. If you have done marketing campaigns in the past, you will know targeted audiences are worth up to 1000x (or more) than random people.

Last edited:
@mastermined I think one of the best things we could possibly do is offer good benefits to those leading large audiences to bring them into Dash. Especially for their first videos where our audiences haven't had significant exposure to Dash. Also, I don't plan on selling the Dash, I plan on keeping it, the treasury budget is not allocated, then the Dash are simply not created so that is a lose-lose. Thus my reward has only positive benefit and no downside, not to mention then I am more incentivized to make videos on my own (as I would hold more Dash), and the benefit of me giving Dash the spotlight to my audience nearing 10,000 followers, and growing strongly.

Just to boot, if you feel my proposal is asking much, how was it rationalized doing airplane ads for $60k a month to 200k people was worthwhile? My video will probably reach 10k+ people, all of my subscribers of whom I've personally earned their trust, and are giving their undivided attention and are far more likely to become users of Dash rather than glancing at an airplane ad (no offense to the guy doing it, I'm just saying, if you don't think my proposal is worth it, please look at that). Pound for pound, that comparison is ~$0.33 for each possible glance at Dash to an untargeted audience with low engagement, vs my estimated ~$1 per view for a targeted audience, where average view amount will at least several minutes. If you have done marketing campaigns in the past, you will know targeted audiences are worth up to 1000x (or more) than random people.

I don't know if 45 dash is too much or not but thank you for the comparison with other project, you make very good points.

Even though the others projects are you are mentionning are great and I like them very much, it is true that your audience is much more targeted. I really would like to have Dash become the Redbull of cryptocurrencies but we don't have that same brand recognition to be that efficient (but I believe they are still great project and as far we have money I will support it. Like I would vote for yours).

the Dash are simply not created so that is a lose-lose. Thus my reward has only positive benefit and no downside,

Not exactly, it would create less inflation which is a win for me, however i don't think like that and when i'm on the fence i always just go for it and roll the dice with yes votes. If this was post evo i would probably vote for it even though i think it is too much, most proposals are over price imo and i vote for them anyway, at least the first time, just to see if they bear fruit.
If you did the first 10-15 min video for free i would most likely vote yes for a few others after that for 8k depending on how the first one turned out, view count etc.
or if you would commit to not just the one video but a few in-depth ones over the coarse of a month i would be inclined to vote yes, especially seeing how much money looks to be left on the table this cycle.

Hi @Tommyworldpower

Sorry about my delay in reaching out to you.

There are a few things that dampen my enthusiasm about your proposal, some of which I am sure are no fault of yours, and I'm sure they can all be overcome.

-- You are new to the community, which is not a problem since we were all new at one time (arguably I'm still new to the community). I would like to see you establish yourself and your expertise before making a pitch for funding.

-- I was under-whelmed by the production values of your video. It seems to be unscripted voice over screen capture, and that's all. Apparently you have a following (I haven't analyzed your numbers; at this point I'm just taking your word for it), and you say it is growing. That's good, so me being under-whelmed may be irrelevant.

-- Given you low production values, I'm not clear what the Dash MNO's would be purchasing with your proposal, and I don't know how to compare it to what already exists.

All of the above can be addressed as you get involved on the Dash forum and establish your bona fides.

And this is just my two-duff, which you are totally free to discount.

I love the idea of project proposals but agree that the fee of 5 Dash is a bit discouraging. My project proposal was only asking for a contribution of 1-2 Dash so I can't make the offer. Is there a better way?

Hi Tommyworldpower,

Here is your first report,

PEC Report Leonidas & Semarg for Tommyworldpower - Evaluation 1 - Final v03 - corrected.png

Couple of notes:
  • There is NO pass/failure mark. The percentage simply allows us to create a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. The idea being that a MNO with very little time can concentrate on Proposals at the bottom of the list only. MNO’s with more time will obviously look at all proposals as per normal
  • The evaluation also enables the Evaluators to look for scammers etc and red-flag a proposal that is a possible danger to Dash. They have more time and tools to look for the tell-tale signs.
  • How did the Evaluators decide on marks: PEC Evaluator Guidelines https://goo.gl/Futw1d
  • MNO’s have been very lenient in the past. So even if you have, what you might consider a low mark, you might still pass the Vote ;)
  • Most Important: The evaluation is to give you an idea of where you can improve your proposal to have a better chance of earning MNO votes.

When you improve your proposal, please color all new material in red and don’t delete any word/sentence, but use strike through or underline. This will make it easier for the evaluator to find changes, when she or he re-evaluates your improved proposal. The MNO’s will also so be interested to see what you changed to improve your proposal.

Since you were unlucky enough to submit your Pre-Proposal just as the PEC started, you had a handicap: You did not know the importance of the Dash Project Proposal Template https://goo.gl/m0jgfS .

This Template was created some years ago by the MNO’s to get all the information that they need to make an informed decision. It is also the easiest way for you to earn extra marks ;) If your proposal did not cover a question in the Template – just put the Heading and answer in your detail doc. If your proposal does cover the question: Just put the Heading with the words: See original Proposal.
E.g.: Project Scope - Milestones and Schedule: See original Proposal.

We know this is a painful bureaucratic exercise, but once you’ve done your improvements for this 1st one, the next couple of improvements (maybe just one?) will be easy, and of course – you are bound to have more proposals in the future!

Good luck

Wait... 8k for a 10-15 minute video? Explaining what Amanda has already talked about before? On a channel that only has 6k subs.... I'd make the same exact video for only 1 Dash. honestly way over priced.

Wait... 8k for a 10-15 minute video? Explaining what Amanda has already talked about before? On a channel that only has 6k subs.... I'd make the same exact video for only 1 Dash. honestly way over priced.

You would do the video for 1 Dash, do you have a social media following? If not you are in no position to say that.

Once again, if you don't like my proposal, how do you justify the airshow proposal that passed recently with a very large ~$60k/month pricetag with a 6 month commitment??? See one of my earlier posts in this thread regarding that.

Last edited:
@jimbursch Honestly this is quite discouraging. I am new to the community perhaps but I have been watching Dash for some time now. I have seen Amanda around for years on the scene, and met her and Evan at the Dash Open House in Phoenix (you can actually see me in that video where I pose I question toward the end, and am recognized for my Youtube channel).

I'm sorry if you don't like my content, my like % on my videos averages over 95%, which is nearly as good as it gets, so it seems the general public loves my work.

Low production value... hmmm.... see last line above.

To take a big picture perspective, if there were 10 more people with proposals like mine. Dash would explode on to the scene. A very small price to pay from Dash's treasury for the amount of attention it brings to Dash in the space.

I've done several videos in the past already mentioning Dash, even a video dedicated to how Dash's treasury system is extremely innovative, I have spent my time, done an outline, and been active on this forum checking this subject and my proposal dozens of times. Maybe you guys don't know, but as a video creator I have a list of over 100 videos that I could make, my biggest constraints being time-investment while balancing my life(I am not only a video creator but also a major cryptocurrency investor/researcher). I try to make the ones that are most in-demand from my viewers- the point is, I don't think I will get to making the Dash video unless I have more incentive for it-- and this isn't just for me, this I'm sure is the case for other content-creators who don't do Dash-only content.

Finally, I also stated I would be holding on to my Dash, not selling it, thus there is NO negative impact on the price. If anything, market cap is actually bigger because there's 45 more Dash that I am holding added on to it. Thus, at least at this time, there would be NO negative impact for making this video, but only a win-win (for the community to gain the exposure, for me to gain the Dash which further make me invested in the Dash ecosystem).

Once again, I am getting discouraged in this, this has become quite a bit of work to try to get this video out- I am not keen on risking nearly $1000 of my own money to see if I get the support I need especially with some of these responses.

Finally, if you guys chose to court large youtube or cryptocurrency influencers to endorse Dash in not-regular-content videos, as I am offering to do, please consider my points. I come from a marketing background and if I were the head of marketing for Dash, I would recognize these as enormous benefit, and probably among, if not the highest-impact types of marketing possible- and I would actively be seeking large Youtubers to provide their (legitimate) endorsements.

In closing, given the current situation with high risk for initial proposal cost, perhaps it is best to withdraw this proposal until official proposal costs are more reasonable (which is unfortunate as now is a prime time for the video to be created with all the buzz in the cryptocurrency space), or unless strong support comes into play where it would make sense to make this proposal official. For the record, I am thinking a proposal really shouldn't cost more than $100 or so to bring in front of Masternodes.

Last edited:
You would do the video for 1 Dash, do you have a social media following? If not you are in no position to say that.

Once again, if you don't like my proposal, how do you justify the airshow proposal that passed recently with a very large ~$60k/month pricetag with a 6 month commitment??? See one of my earlier posts in this thread regarding that.
This guy talked for free with 4x the amount of subs you have
just look up Dash on YouTube and you will see a bunch of fan made videos as well.

And trust me I am completely disappointed that airshow was even funded :/ I am right with you man, I tried my best to let everyone know it was not a good decision but here we are... but that doesn't mean you need 8k to make a video...

trust me talking about Dash for 10-15 minutes is not hard... what would be useful is if you created a nitch for yourself. if you wanted to be someone who creates in depth tutorials of how to use/get Dash, or be a brand ambassador and kind of talk about current proposals going through our system that are interesting. Explaining Alt 36 along with how Amanda's marketing is doing and other small proposals that get passed. And much more you could probably think of as well. (Maybe take over Amanda's old position (; )

Really a proposal (in my eyes) should have the ability to be coming back asking for more work. Set yourself up a game plan.

Back