• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

connecting to peers

Dizzy221

I use the latest version of the wallet. At some point, the wallet stopped syncing (hung on "connection to peers"). 99.83% are synchronized, 1500 blocks are left. It does not go further. Although the connection to the DASH network is writing actively. Are there coins on your wallet that you need to take to make it work?

I use the latest version of the wallet. At some point, the wallet stopped syncing (hung on "connection to peers"). 99.83% are synchronized, 1500 blocks are left. It does not go further. Although the connection to the DASH network is writing actively. Are there coins on your wallet that you need to take to make it work?

You could try deleting the peers.dat file from your Dash installation directory and then restart your wallet. Dash will create a new peers.dat file when it starts again, giving you hopefully some more stable connections.
You can also download a Dash bootstrap and sync from that bootstrap : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

deleted the peers.dat file
I launched a wallet, but the problem did not disappear ...

Are you using a Dash Core wallet ?
Try the bootstrap thing, download most recent of the mainnet Dash bootstrap and follow the instructions.

I did not bother with bootstrap, as it is very limited in Internet traffic at the moment. I transferred the "wallet.dat" to another PC with the wallet client installed, all and all of my coins moved properly. On the first PC, the client deleted the wallet and installed it again - it began to work correctly. But thanks for the tips!

I got the same issue, it was synching then all of the sudden it stopped. I tried wallet rapair rebuild index. Did not help. I tried deleting all .dat files (exept wallet.dat, instantsend.dat and sporks.dat since they where not listed in the safe to delete .dat files.

But it still says connecting to peers. While connected to 8 peers. All that looks like they have newer versions of the blocks.

Here is some of my info:

user agent: /Dash Core:0.14.0.1/
using BerkeleyDB version: Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April 9, 2010)

Current number of blocks:1091182
last block time: Sat Jun 22 08:54:13 2019

example peer these settings:
whitelisted:no
direction:Outbound
version : 70215
user agent : /Dash Core:0.14.0.1/
servies : NETWORK & BLOOM
starting block : 1094870
synched headers: 1094871
synched blocks : 1088639
ban score : 0
connection time: 8 minutes
send : 2kb
received 75kb
ping: 133

I did the boot strap from main-net Block 1094397: Fri Jun 28 00:00:01 UTC 2019 zip (7.2G) SHA2456
the file is renamed as bootstrap.dat.old. But my dash core wallet is still saying Last Block Time : Sat Jun 22 08:54:13 2019. It also still says processing blocks from disk. Even now after it been renamed to .old.

Yea, same here too, just an hour or so ago.
It got stuck at Jun 17 05:05:08 2019
saying "Connecting to peers..."

Deleted peers.dat, still no luck.
Time to download a 17gig file? :mad:

This kind of stuff won't help adoption.

Check and make sure you aren't connected to out of date peers, go to your peers list in Dashcore and you can look at your peers and drop any that look unhealthy (out of date) by right clicking on the IP and selecting the option from the dropdown menu. Keep an eye on the peers list for new pickups and make sure all are running v0.14.0.1 - that will be in the peers list along with the IP.

Any more suggestions, i deleted, peers file, done the boot strap. Done rescan wallet repar, rebuild index wallet repair, banned for one day one none 0.14.0.1 versions.
What is next? it still will not go past Jun 17 05:05:08 2019

Any more suggestions, i deleted, peers file, done the boot strap. Done rescan wallet repar, rebuild index wallet repair, banned for one day one none 0.14.0.1 versions.
What is next? it still will not go past Jun 17 05:05:08 2019

What is your last synced block and does it totally stop there or just very very slowly sync further ?
I'm thinking in case of sync stopped, maybe you could try the following :

./dash-cli invalidateblock lastblockhash* (if Dash allows this)
./dash-cli stop
delete banlist.dat and peers.dat
./dashd
./dash-cli reconsiderblock lastblockhashyoupreviouslyinvalidated

Or

./dash-cli stop
./dashd
./dash-cli reconsiderblock lastblockhash*

* Last block you get from your own client Tools --> Information
Hash of that specific block you get from https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/

Last edited:
./dash-cli invalidateblock lastblockhash* (if Dash allows this)
./dash-cli stop
./dashd
./dash-cli reconsiderblock lastblockhashyoupreviouslyinvalidated
I think this solution is otherwise correct but the block hash to invalidate and later reconsider should be slightly before the 0.14 hardfork. If you only do it for the lastblockckhash then you are most likely still going to be in the minority chain.

This reddit user seems to have the same problem.

Not used the dash-cli before. I get this error:

error: Could not locate RPC credentials. No authentication cookie could be found, and no rpcpassword is set in the configuration file (MyHome\Roaming\DashCore\dash.conf)error: Could not locate RPC credentials. No authentication cookie could be found, and no rpcpassword is set in the configuration file (MyHome\Roaming\DashCore\dash.conf)

Ok, so I think it solved now. I used the console in the dash-qt gui to do the steps.

So this is what I had to do.
1:invalidateblock lastblockhash* (if Dash allows this)
Then since I was using the console inside dash-qt gui I could not shut down the program, (tried that just made it direcly go to the hash again and stop)
2: reconsiderblock lastblockhashyoupreviouslyinvalidated
3:stop the dasq-qt GUI. (This took a long time, do not kill it)
4: start the dasq-qt GUI again and it worked.

(I had already deleted the peers.dat, and banlist.dat a couple of times today so that was not needed again for me)

And thanks for all the help.

Yeah rewinding the blockchain with invalidateblock is quite slow in my experience. The more blocks you are invalidating the longer it takes and the only way to see the progress is by reading the debug.log file.

It's not an easy procedure so for most users I would recommend just making a backup of your wallet(s) and then deleting the datadir while the client is closed.

I got mine back too, but I went the "easy" route.
Copy earlier wallet backup out, delete everything, reinstall Dash-qt, wait a couple hours for the blockchain to re-download.
Honestly, would have been quicker if I had just done that in the first place.
Trying to deal with the technical crap is not something most people will want to do.

Agreed, @Enzwell Dash blockchain usually takes less time to sync than it does to solve some of these tech problems, even at near 18GB, we have nowhere near the blockchain size of an ETH or what have you, sometimes the best way to fix stuff is to start from scratch. Even at our blockahin size, you have an MN network that is feeding you blocks quicker than the miners can.

I downloaded the most recent bootstrap. I recently replaced my dash core wallet because my old one has been stuck at 1 year 20 weeks behind.
It has no nodes. No peers. The bootstrap is a zipped folder. I restarted my wallet. It hasn't gotten any better. Tried extracting the folder but the file is huge. 1.82 TB. About .2 TB more memory than I have free. I don't even know if it would solve my issue if I were to free up the room.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded the most recent bootstrap. I recently replaced my dash core wallet because my old one has been stuck at 1 year 20 weeks behind.
It has no nodes. No peers. The bootstrap is a zipped folder. I restarted my wallet. It hasn't gotten any better. Tried extracting the folder but the file is huge. 1.82 TB. About .2 TB more memory than I have free. I don't even know if it would solve my issue if I were to free up the room.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Helps to know what OS you are using, but have you tried bebuilding the index, we have had a couple sporks, you may have missed them since last update.

Windows 7.
I have no idea how to do that. I only just replaced my old wallet a couple days ago. It was stuck at the same place as it is now.

Back