• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cold storage spending....

Hey joezippy , Have you read this: http://www.coindesk.com/pinn-hands-free-bitcoin-payments-app/ ?

"Payments startup Pinn placed first in the retail category at Plug and Play demo day last week for a unique point-of-sale (POS) solution that enables bitcoin and fiat payments without the need for a smartphone or wallet."...
"He noted how he was first convinced that QR codes could transform the checkout experience but soon moved on to the next iteration of his idea.

"I realized it was not disruptive enough," he said. "To disrupt payments you have to have something really disruptive, something that's best for all parties involved. We literally vetted hundred of concepts and this is the culmination of the best attributes of all those combined.""

What do you think of that? :)

Edit: And here's the guy's website for this product: https://angel.co/getpinn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey joezippy , Have you read this: http://www.coindesk.com/pinn-hands-free-bitcoin-payments-app/ ?

"Payments startup Pinn placed first in the retail category at Plug and Play demo day last week for a unique point-of-sale (POS) solution that enables bitcoin and fiat payments without the need for a smartphone or wallet."...
"He noted how he was first convinced that QR codes could transform the checkout experience but soon moved on to the next iteration of his idea.

"I realized it was not disruptive enough," he said. "To disrupt payments you have to have something really disruptive, something that's best for all parties involved. We literally vetted hundred of concepts and this is the culmination of the best attributes of all those combined.""

What do you think of that? :)

Edit: And here's the guy's website for this product: https://angel.co/getpinn

I'm liking it... I'm telling you there has to be a simple, safe way forward and AWPM is the future... Let me know when you think Dash is ready for AWPM app...... We have the design ready....... :grin:

Cheers!

I'm liking it... I'm telling you there has to be a simple, safe way forward and AWPM is the future... Let me know when you think Dash is ready for AWPM app...... We have the design ready....... :grin:

Cheers!
I like your AWPM idea too and i think Dash is ready for your creation... :wink:

Btw, I sent a message to Will Summerlin (the guy who created Pinn), and asked if he would create the same app for Dash but haven't got a reply...
If he doesn't care about Dash, we have you to do it, right? :grin:

I like your AWPM idea too and i think Dash is ready for your creation... :wink:

Btw, I sent a message to Will Summerlin (the guy who created Pinn), and asked if he would create the same app for Dash but haven't got a reply...
If he doesn't care about Dash, we have you to do it, right? :grin:

Cool... If Pinn isn't interested in Dash... I'm willing to help build the AWPM, if the community is willing to help/support.... I have been in the industry long enough to know that software created by a community, will out live the individuals who had the idea... I've done too many "one-offs" in my days... :wink:

The AWPM needs to be generic enough to support many plug-able blockchain interfaces... Thus, many currencies... Dash will be the 1st... Agree?

I'm best at architecture, technical design, project management and communication (pictures)..... My summer schedule is crazy... However, I would do my best to help out, any way I can... We should have at least 3 people who are willing to write code... It's been a while for me and I have very little android UI experience... Keep be posted on how many are ready to commit to building/supporting the AWPM... Once you feel we are ready, I'll start laying out some more details for the project... Interfaces, etc... :grin:

Cool... If Pinn isn't interested in Dash... I'm willing to help build the AWPM, if the community is willing to help/support.... I have been in the industry long enough to know that software created by a community, will out live the individuals who had the idea... I've done too many "one-offs" in my days... :wink:

The AWPM needs to be generic enough to support many plug-able blockchain interfaces... Thus, many currencies... Dash will be the 1st... Agree?

I'm best at architecture, technical design, project management and communication (pictures)..... My summer schedule is crazy... However, I would do my best to help out, any way I can... We should have at least 3 people who are willing to write code... It's been a while for me and I have very little android UI experience... Keep be posted on how many are ready to commit to building/supporting the AWPM... Once you feel we are ready, I'll start laying out some more details for the project... Interfaces, etc... :grin:
I guess you're saying you have the idea but not the coding skills? I guess that says for most of us here.. lol...
We can ask Will Summerlin again to see if he would add Dash to Pinn. It's a proprietary piece of software, if he can make more money by adding Dash... let's hope he'll add Dash.. :)
http://www.getpinn.co/contact.html

Or someone else will eventually create a similar platform for Dash... or add Dash to it... Here's another company that's also starting a similar system for cryptocurrencies: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/28/t...mentation-of-cryptocurrency-payments-in-june/

Edit: Note, though, these services do not guarantee privacy/anonymity for users. That's another topic for your AWPM platform... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you're saying you have the idea but not the coding skills? I guess that says for most of us here.. lol...
We can ask Will Summerlin again to see if he would add Dash to Pinn. It's a proprietary piece of software, if he can make more money by adding Dash... let's hope he'll add Dash.. :)
http://www.getpinn.co/contact.html

Or someone else will eventually create a similar platform for Dash... or add Dash to it... Here's another company that's also starting a similar system for cryptocurrencies: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/28/t...mentation-of-cryptocurrency-payments-in-june/

Edit: Note, though, these services do not guarantee privacy/anonymity for users. That's another topic for your AWPM platform... :)

I have the idea and some of the coding skills (java backend)... I mostly lack time this summer..... Once the kids head back to school in the fall... I'll have more time... Hopefully someone can start before then thought... :smile: The privacy and anonymity come from the Dash core... The AWPM only interacts w/ blockchain core functions in a different way than current wallets... If other currencies want privacy and anonymity features... That will be outside the scope of the AWPM... Or just convert to using Dash... :grin:

Very nice detailed answer... Thanks! I wasn't aware that Electrum supported Dash... What are your thoughts regading the development effort and credibility of the Electrum effort? Not to bash anyone... It just seems pretty... You know... :rolleyes:

New Dash Core with off-line masternode management... Now we are talking! :cool: You guys rock...

Just thinking out loud.... I like the "paper wallet" broadcast model so much, I wonder if it won't become the future... Like this...

1) Coin in pocket (3D print maybe) with Private Key QR... (no battery, low cost, no network persistence , no device persistence, no cloud storage)
2) App on phone (not wallet) just "transaction interface"
3) Walk into coffee shop, order
4) Start "transaction interface" app
5) Scan coin QR
6) Scan merchant QR
7) Enter amount
8) Hit send
Storage companies near me
Address:
7942 Angus Ct. Ste F,
Springfield, VA, 22153
You could load the coin as you needed from other "paper wallets" just in case you have a hole in your pocket.... ;)
This model is more secure and simplify the wallet code a ton, because it's just a blockchain reader, transaction signer and blockchain broadcaster.... :)

Thoughts?

Yes, an interesting approach))

Back