Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Cold storage spending....

Discussion in 'Development Tech Discussion' started by joezippy, May 21, 2015.

1. joezippy

joezippy Member

"The earliest example in England is the Exeter puzzle jug, a fine example of medieval pottery in Britain, dating from about 1300 and made in Saintonge, Western France.[3]"

Ya... They are super cool... It's like being authenticated to drink... Wrong passwd and the joke is on you... Literally....:D I have always wanted one too... Just never ordered one... Some day!

Agree...... The vault private key attack approach would / could be different for everyone... No rules here... The QR could be anywhere literally... Printed and stuck under a couch, in a library book or tated your body. :rolleyes:

This is kinda crazy, but I have been thinking about it for a while... So here goes... When you first try (so I've heard) to patent something you get all your details down on paper, then mail it to yourself (snail mail)... When it returns in your mailbox the stamp is voided on a specific date, proving the date of your original idea. You keep it sealed, until you have to prove it's your idea, to someone in a court of law.....

Well what if you mailed your vault Private Key to a PO Box that you and only you have the key too?

Lets do the check:
    Off device -- Yes
    Off network -- Yes
    Off cloud -- Yes
    Power required -- No
    Simple -- Yes
    Off-site -- Yes
    Safe from fire / water damage -- Better than at home... I think...
    Only physical access -- Yes
    Cheap -- Yes
    Better than safety deposit box -- Depends which is a more trusted source for access ;)
    Overkill -- Maybe?

Anyway... I think the AWPM is good and we should move forward w/ a pilot... I'm not going it alone, because if the community doesn't support the idea or code for the long-haul... We are just wasting our time... Also, this wouldn't be a "fork" of the current wallet, but a new project with cherry picked classes from the existing wallet for QR, protocol and transactions... It's just too different to kludge it together...

Like this if you think we should proceed....

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. joezippy

joezippy Member

3. Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether Well-known Member

Only sure way is never keep it in the phone like you are trying to do, or at the very least give people the option and then when they forget to remove the wallet properly, you can at least say, well why didn't you have AWPM eh ?!

Hash engineering was accepting around 3 btc to do new android wallets at one point but seem to remember him saying he wasn't taking on any new projects apart from what hes working on (which does include our coin)
    I certainly would vote on the this as a possible bounty for someone to code it as an extra function for the mobiles wallets, I think its an out of the box but simple idea that might be useful, after all people are always losing their phones but not so many lose their wallets do they :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. joezippy

joezippy Member

Bamm... You nailed it! :D

Totally agree... I consider myself proficient at Java and could probably knock out a pilot command line version (I don't do UIs) of the AWPM in a week or so... But I don't have the github setup, testnet Dash basics down... I have developed w/ IBM RAD and IntelliJ before... I would lean toward IntelliJ for this project because it's free and I like it more... :)

I just want to make sure, more than you and I feel it's worth pursuing before going for it... Lets say once this post gets 5 likes we move forward w/ the pilot... Who can support my development effort w/ github and Dash testnet requests? Then we can just take donations or whatever....... Or maybe Hash engineering is interested in something new and exciting... Like AWPM for 3BTC? ;)

Thoughts? Anyone else listening...

5. joezippy

joezippy Member

Ok... I'm still looking for community support... I have github ready here: https://github.com/joezippy/awpm-core/wiki and the IDE locked and loaded... Does anyone care about this project? :rolleyes:

Cheers...

• Like Like x 1
  6. joezippy

joezippy Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sub-Ether

8. joezippy

joezippy Member

Ok...... But that's why they call me zippy... ;) I'm here to hit it hard! Revolution, not evolution (for the right cause) :cool:

Because your an "Active Member" in this group... I'm going to stand back and let you lead the AWPM effort when the time is right.... I got your back w/ the design, not to worry and I'll write some code for fun..... When you tell me it's worth doing... Hope to drink out of the same puzzle mug someday.... Peace out.... :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sub-Ether

Actively inactive more like :D.
    Stick around, there is still much testing of the core items to come, its been a gas so far..

• Like Like x 1
  10. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member

Keep up the good work, chief, your ideas are always welcome! I'm checking in on your progress from time to time in between Twitter shifts...:tongue:​

• Like Like x 1
  11. moli

moli Grizzled Member

Hey joezippy , Have you read this: http://www.coindesk.com/pinn-hands-free-bitcoin-payments-app/ ?

"Payments startup Pinn placed first in the retail category at Plug and Play demo day last week for a unique point-of-sale (POS) solution that enables bitcoin and fiat payments without the need for a smartphone or wallet."...
    "He noted how he was first convinced that QR codes could transform the checkout experience but soon moved on to the next iteration of his idea.

"I realized it was not disruptive enough," he said. "To disrupt payments you have to have something really disruptive, something that's best for all parties involved. We literally vetted hundred of concepts and this is the culmination of the best attributes of all those combined.""

What do you think of that? :)

Edit: And here's the guy's website for this product: https://angel.co/getpinn

#41 moli, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  12. joezippy

joezippy Member

I'm liking it... I'm telling you there has to be a simple, safe way forward and AWPM is the future... Let me know when you think Dash is ready for AWPM app...... We have the design ready....... :D

Cheers!

13. moli

moli Grizzled Member

I like your AWPM idea too and i think Dash is ready for your creation... ;)

Btw, I sent a message to Will Summerlin (the guy who created Pinn), and asked if he would create the same app for Dash but haven't got a reply...
    If he doesn't care about Dash, we have you to do it, right? :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. joezippy

joezippy Member

Cool... If Pinn isn't interested in Dash... I'm willing to help build the AWPM, if the community is willing to help/support.... I have been in the industry long enough to know that software created by a community, will out live the individuals who had the idea... I've done too many "one-offs" in my days... ;)

The AWPM needs to be generic enough to support many plug-able blockchain interfaces... Thus, many currencies... Dash will be the 1st... Agree?

I'm best at architecture, technical design, project management and communication (pictures)..... My summer schedule is crazy... However, I would do my best to help out, any way I can... We should have at least 3 people who are willing to write code... It's been a while for me and I have very little android UI experience... Keep be posted on how many are ready to commit to building/supporting the AWPM... Once you feel we are ready, I'll start laying out some more details for the project... Interfaces, etc... :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. moli

moli Grizzled Member

I guess you're saying you have the idea but not the coding skills? I guess that says for most of us here.. lol...
    We can ask Will Summerlin again to see if he would add Dash to Pinn. It's a proprietary piece of software, if he can make more money by adding Dash... let's hope he'll add Dash.. :)
    http://www.getpinn.co/contact.html

Or someone else will eventually create a similar platform for Dash... or add Dash to it... Here's another company that's also starting a similar system for cryptocurrencies: http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/05/28/t...mentation-of-cryptocurrency-payments-in-june/

Edit: Note, though, these services do not guarantee privacy/anonymity for users. That's another topic for your AWPM platform... :)

#45 moli, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. joezippy

joezippy Member

I have the idea and some of the coding skills (java backend)... I mostly lack time this summer..... Once the kids head back to school in the fall... I'll have more time... Hopefully someone can start before then thought... :) The privacy and anonymity come from the Dash core... The AWPM only interacts w/ blockchain core functions in a different way than current wallets... If other currencies want privacy and anonymity features... That will be outside the scope of the AWPM... Or just convert to using Dash... :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. joezippy

joezippy Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. moli

moli Grizzled Member

19. Slippo

Slippo New Member

Yes, an interesting approach))