• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Chael Sonnen joining Dash Nation!

Would this help Dash Nation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chael_MMA

Product Description:
Chael Sonnen joining Dash Nation and a fully DASH branded MMA title sponsorship with pro fight purses paid in Dash.

Summary:
The proposal has 3 objectives (Details further in proposal):
1. Let’s get Dash into circulation by paying pro fighter purses in Dash.
2. Create Dash awareness by becoming the Title Sponsor of a longstanding MMA show.
3. Use objectives 1 & 2 as my platform to promote Dash in all of my media avenues.

About me:
I’ve been a MMA fighter since I was 19 years old and have had the privilege to fight in 5 different fighting leagues around the world including the UFC and just recently advanced in the tournament to be world heavy weight champion in the Bellator Grand Prix. During my career, I have fought the likes of Jon Jones, Rampage Jackson, Wanderlei Silva, Tito Ortiz, Rashad Evans, Mauricio Rua, Anderson Silva, Michael Bisping, amongst many others. I have been extremely fortunate that my career as a fighter has brought me so many other opportunities to be in the public eye and extend my possibilities beyond the cage. I have been a coach on TUF (The Ultimate Fighter), starred on Celebrity Apprentice, currently an analyst for ESPN, appear on Jim Rome regularly, commentator, amongst many other media opportunities. I have written 2 books and most recently “The Four-Pack Revolution”. In the process of all of this I have been working to build my own brand by taking advantage of all the internet platforms available to me.

Here is some of the information about where to find those and statistics:
Facebook- Chael Sonnen 384,000 Likes
Instagram- @Sonnench 225,000 followers
Twitter- @ChaelSonnen 804,300 followers
Youtube- Chael Sonnen 73,500 subscribers with over 10 million views
Podcast “You’re Welcome”- Downloaded 2 million times

How this proposal benefits Dash:
Let’s talk first about the Rumble at the Roseland. Hosted at a concert venue in Portland Oregon, Rumble at the Roseland is Oregon’s longest and most respected mixed martial arts organization. Our next event will be our 97th live show. We have had the privilege of having 15 athletes graduate from our show to go on to fight in the UFC. We also host SUG (Submission Underground) which has hosted Jon “Bones” Jones, Meisha Tate, Dan Henderson, Ricco Rodriguez, Jake Shields, Timy Sylvia, Urijach Faber, Chad Mendes, and more. Annually we host 10-12 events. This is where we want Dash to be our Title Sponsor for a whole year. We will brand our octagon mat, our ring posts, the digital fight clock, ring girls, press conference backdrop, posters, flyers, all in Dash. Dash will be the OFFICIAL sponsor. Most important of all, we are going to put together a pro fight card where the fighters will receive their purse money in Dash. During the events we will have a Dash booth to help educate our customers and the person working it will coordinate and educate the fighters to assure they successfully receive their Dash in their own Dash wallets. These events sell out with a capacity around 1100 and our live signal and replay distribution is typically viewed by 180,000 viewers. This is where the Dash digital time clock will be seen. Along with all of this our announcer and commentators will be trained to give Dash their regular shot outs. It is my belief that once the sporting world hears from me about what we are doing here, more exposure will continue to come in. I will be sure to do my best to update all the media coverage this will get.

Dash is not buying a slot of my time or just a spot on my fight trunks. I want this to be a longstanding relationship we are in together beyond this initial proposal. In this first 3 months I will bring so much value, because it’s not only good for my Dash wallet, but the competitor in me wants to feel that I can directly help fuel the growth of Dash in the cryptocurrency market. I will use the Rumble at the Roseland event as the springboard to start having the conversation in all of my platforms about Dash. As we go along I would like to have respecting names in the Dash community come on my shows with me to talk Dash, because while I love talking, sometimes it’s better to let the pros do the talking. Lastly, I want to help with getting people to act. To talk openly in the Dash community about how we drive all of this attention to a desired result. Are we sending them to sign up for wallets? Enter email addresses for Dash correspondence? Inviting them on Discord? Whatever the answer may be, I want to work together to get them there.

Dash payout breakdown (assuming current $500/DASH):
Rebranding of Octagon mat- 8 Dash (Good for over a year)
Rebranding of cage covers- 4 Dash (Good for over a year)
Ring girls refitted and branded in Dash- 1 Dash
Press conference backdrop- 2 Dash
Local media advertisement and distribution with Dash representation- 5 Dash
Pro Fight purses- 60 Dash
Me using all of my media platforms to promote Dash and this event- 240
Dash Proposal fee- 5 Dash

Total- 325

Hi Chael and welcome! Great to have you with us
Thanks for your pre-proposal, you have me interested. Trying to get a feel for the scope - is the 325 Dash figure (assuming $500) a monthly rate, or if it is a one-time payment then does your proposal have a particular duration before you would potentially submit another one?

Thanks --

This is excellent!

As I already told Chael, during the Dash Force weekly meeting last Tuesday I was saying to the guys that to really takeover the MMA scene we needed Chael Sonnen onboard, a week later, here he is!

Chael is one of the best if not the best promoters in the whole MMA universe. Chael is one of the smartest people (not just fighters) in the game and is very good at what he does. Between this and the Green Candle MMA projects Dash will soon effectively be the official cryptocurrency of the worldwide MMA community.

Super pumped for this one, you have my yes votes Sir.

Welcome to Dash Nation @Chael_MMA
Thank you for bringing such a well-rounded proposal!
I was just thinking how a great speaker and trusted analyst such as yourself would benefit Dash.
Your influential platforms and direct sponsorship opportunity seems to follow-through and keep the momentum with what me and @coingun started by creating the proposal to sponsor Rory.
One thing I would suggest is to contact @greencandle_jeremy or @coingun to get Greencandle.io to provide an escrow service.
Masternode owners (voters) like to have an insurance policy on proposals of this magnitude.

Now that is how you do a video proposal pitch people. Outstanding job and great delivery on presentation. Although I'm not a big MMA fan, I truly appreciate and respect the year long value that is being offered here. I also like that Chael is open to using his large social media presence and influence to help Dash as well. I personally would love to see Amanda and Chael have a chat on his YouTube channel for example about all things Dash. I believe by incentivizing and onboarding high profile indiviudals like Chael we also gain extra access and exposure to other outlets as Chael has already established relationships and networked with media outlets. Chael's success will be Dash's success, and vice-versa, if funded Chael will have an vested interest in helping Dash achieve mass adoption.

I like Chael's sentiment in driving actual adoption not just marketing. Seeing the Dash logo isn't enough to make people act. People need to fully understand what Dash is, why they should use it and finally how they can get it. I would love to see sit down videos demonstrating to his audience the process of how to install wallet and how to buy dash.

Chael has a lot of influence and if delivery is executed well could substantially increase and drive Dash user adoption. If figthers are being paid in Dash, it will certainly peak the fans interest. Also most importantly Chael has the 'gift of the gab'. He is essentially a sales and marketing wet dream in terms of having a sporting athlete as a spokesperson.

Chael P in da house!!!

Welcome to Dash Nation Chael. I have reached out to you via text message ("Hey man. It's Jeff from Dash..."). I wanted to make sure you have a direct line to ask questions and I have also spoken with Jeremy from GreenCandle and they are happy to escrow this deal for the community and help continuing with their goal of mass adoption of Dash.

We would love to see you stand beside Rory and become another ambassador for Dash Nation and Cryptocurrency in general.

Hi Chael and welcome! Great to have you with us
Thanks for your pre-proposal, you have me interested. Trying to get a feel for the scope - is the 325 Dash figure (assuming $500) a monthly rate, or if it is a one-time payment then does your proposal have a particular duration before you would potentially submit another one?

Thanks --
Hello. The proposal would be for a one time payment. The proposal includes a full year of being the title sponsor of the FCFF, where I intend to work with the Dash community to possibly further integrate the acceptance of Dash as payment at these events. I was told about a developing platform Alt Thirty Six, that may assist in that. I would then take the next 3 months to create content that feels organic by talking about my excitement about hosting the first ever pro fights paid in crypto and possibly having influencers in the Dash community come on my platforms to discuss Dash. After 3 months I hope that I have brought 110% of the value Dash needs/wants and we can discuss if it makes sense for me to stay on board. Wearing apparel is easy, I want to actually create interest and get people to go to a desired Dash site where we get them in the Dash community. Thanks for reaching out and let me know if you have more questions.

This is excellent!

As I already told Chael, during the Dash Force weekly meeting last Tuesday I was saying to the guys that to really takeover the MMA scene we needed Chael Sonnen onboard, a week later, here he is!

Chael is one of the best if not the best promoters in the whole MMA universe. Chael is one of the smartest people (not just fighters) in the game and is very good at what he does. Between this and the Green Candle MMA projects Dash will soon effectively be the official cryptocurrency of the worldwide MMA community.

Super pumped for this one, you have my yes votes Sir.
Thank you so much. Really looking forward to the opportunity.

Welcome to Dash Nation @Chael_MMA
Thank you for bringing such a well-rounded proposal!
I was just thinking how a great speaker and trusted analyst such as yourself would benefit Dash.
Your influential platforms and direct sponsorship opportunity seems to follow-through and keep the momentum with what me and @coingun started by creating the proposal to sponsor Rory.
One thing I would suggest is to contact @greencandle_jeremy or @coingun to get Greencandle.io to provide an escrow service.
Masternode owners (voters) like to have an insurance policy on proposals of this magnitude.
Thank you and great job with Rory.

Now that is how you do a video proposal pitch people. Outstanding job and great delivery on presentation. Although I'm not a big MMA fan, I truly appreciate and respect the year long value that is being offered here. I also like that Chael is open to using his large social media presence and influence to help Dash as well. I personally would love to see Amanda and Chael have a chat on his YouTube channel for example about all things Dash. I believe by incentivizing and onboarding high profile indiviudals like Chael we also gain extra access and exposure to other outlets as Chael has already established relationships and networked with media outlets. Chael's success will be Dash's success, and vice-versa, if funded Chael will have an vested interest in helping Dash achieve mass adoption.

I like Chael's sentiment in driving actual adoption not just marketing. Seeing the Dash logo isn't enough to make people act. People need to fully understand what Dash is, why they should use it and finally how they can get it. I would love to see sit down videos demonstrating to his audience the process of how to install wallet and how to buy dash.

Chael has a lot of influence and if delivery is executed well could substantially increase and drive Dash user adoption. If figthers are being paid in Dash, it will certainly peak the fans interest. Also most importantly Chael has the 'gift of the gab'. He is essentially a sales and marketing wet dream in terms of having a sporting athlete as a spokesperson.
Thanks Mark.

Reasonably priced, great exposure, great demographic, you have my vote. I just hope those SJW wont create a controversy about the ladies in dash apparel. Thats my only concern. Strange times...

Last edited:
Chael P in da house!!!

Welcome to Dash Nation Chael. I have reached out to you via text message ("Hey man. It's Jeff from Dash..."). I wanted to make sure you have a direct line to ask questions and I have also spoken with Jeremy from GreenCandle and they are happy to escrow this deal for the community and help continuing with their goal of mass adoption of Dash.

We would love to see you stand beside Rory and become another ambassador for Dash Nation and Cryptocurrency in general.
Hi Jeff. I reached out to you in Discord. Thanks for reaching out with the lifeline. Clearly you have a real passion for MMA. Awesome. I will keep you in mind if something comes down the pipeline here.

Back