• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CCminer X11 mining on NVidia cards

Don't know what wrong but my PC reboot with this version. After 2 or 3 seconds.
I'm on windows 7 - 64bit, download last version GeForce 337.88 and I've got GTX780-DC2
I Don't have this with 1.0.!
Any though?

Also did someone know the diference between ccminer30.exe , ccminier35.exe and ccminer50.exe on older version?
don't have this 3 exe in 1.2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what wrong but my PC reboot with this version. After 2 or 3 seconds.
I'm on windows 7 - 64bit, download last version GeForce 337.88 and I've got GTX780-DC2
I Don't have this with 1.0.!
Any though?

Also did someone know the diference between ccminer30.exe , ccminier35.exe and ccminer50.exe on older version?
don't have this 3 exe in 1.2?
Not sure about the reboot thing.. may want to roll back your gpu drivers and try it again.. I haven't had an issue with v1.2 since I upgraded..
As far as the ccminer3.0/3.5/5.0 That has to do with the Cuda version your card is running.. if your card is running Cuda 3.5, then you would need to run ccMiner 35, but Christian did away with that need in v1.2

Your 780 is Cuda 3.5 Here you can check the Cuda version of your card(s) here.. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

Thanks for your reply.
I had the same reboot problem with version 327.xx What version of the driver did you havE?
Maybe something wrong with the power.. I don't know.
I connect this card 2 days ago.. I'll continu investigate.
It's a shame that I've got 2600 MH with it ;(

Maybe something with the FirmWare? ..

I measured the power usage of my two titan blacks mining x11 with ccminer 1.2, roughly 600w for 11 mhash/s. This includes my CPU (i7 3770k) and a Samsung 840 Pro SSD running as well.

Nice!! all I need to do now is convince my wife to let me sell my 760's and buy two titans!! :tongue:

Told her that the more I spend, the more I could make... and isn't that the important thing here?? Sounded much more convincing in my thoughts!!

I'm at 4.5 MH/s with 2x 750 Tis on Ubuntu, with very little optimizing. I've got 20 x 750 Tis on-hand ready to set up. As far as I can see 2 x 750tis make roughly .007 DRK / day (using the official pool). Even if it's .07 a day and my numbers are off by a decimal, haven't we reached a point in mining with DRK that make GPUs nearly impossible to be profitable with current rates?

As we all have the same arguments with our wives over what to buy or sell to increase our revenue streams, how can you convince her that the Titans will eventually pay off?

I'm watching the #1 spot on drkpool at 431 MH/s making 7 DRK per day. That's $140 / day at best and would take 100 x 750 Tis to accomplish. It looks like a never-pay-off scenario to me. Since my wife actually has a clue, how can I justify acquiring more gear to pursue a never-pay-off scenario?

Is it me, or did GPU mining of DRK drop by 75% efficiency in the last 20 days?

I'm at 4.5 MH/s with 2x 750 Tis on Ubuntu, with very little optimizing. I've got 20 x 750 Tis on-hand ready to set up. As far as I can see 2 x 750tis make roughly .007 DRK / day (using the official pool). Even if it's .07 a day and my numbers are off by a decimal, haven't we reached a point in mining with DRK that make GPUs nearly impossible to be profitable with current rates?

As we all have the same arguments with our wives over what to buy or sell to increase our revenue streams, how can you convince her that the Titans will eventually pay off?

I'm watching the #1 spot on drkpool at 431 MH/s making 7 DRK per day. That's $140 / day at best and would take 100 x 750 Tis to accomplish. It looks like a never-pay-off scenario to me. Since my wife actually has a clue, how can I justify acquiring more gear to pursue a never-pay-off scenario?

Is it me, or did GPU mining of DRK drop by 75% efficiency in the last 20 days?
It has dropped a bit due to the dramatic rise in difficulty.. but I am playing dark against Bit.. I mine dark to transfer to bit and by ghash on a cloud mining service.. slowly turning profit to ghash.. and as my ghash mines bit, I take it and turn it to ghash as well.. in the last 6 weeks, without any money out of pocket ( and some vert that I originally started mining with) I have @ 61ghash of mining power.. That with what I mine dark, at this point, I can roughly buy 3-4 ghash a week.. of course this will slowly become exponential, as the more ghash I have, the faster I can get more ghash.. I figure once I get to @150 ghash, I should be able to buy at least 1 ghash a day.. that is unless Dark takes off like a rocket and someone starts a cloud hash for Dark.. then I can always sell all my ghash and buy cloud space for Dark with that..

So I'm pretty new to linux...using linux mint and I'm having a hard time getting it to install and can't seem to find any guides anywhere.
I honestly have no idea what to to do the first 3 lines appear to work and then I get some errors when trying the 4th line but I'm not sure if they're relevant. Here they are.

ptxas-options=-v -I./compat/jansson -o heavy/heavy.o -c heavy/heavy.cu
/bin/bash: nvcc: command not found
make[2]: *** [heavy/heavy.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/ccminer-1.2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/ccminer-1.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

git clone
cd ccminer-1.2
./autogen.sh
./configure

So i'm not sure if it even installed properly with those errors and I also don't know how to even start my x11 gpu mining. If I could could get some help on this I'd greatly appreciate it because as it is my cpu mining won't get me too much and I was only able to get that installed thanks to the thread on this forum.

So I'm pretty new to linux...using linux mint and I'm having a hard time getting it to install and can't seem to find any guides anywhere.
I honestly have no idea what to to do the first 3 lines appear to work and then I get some errors when trying the 4th line but I'm not sure if they're relevant. Here they are.

ptxas-options=-v -I./compat/jansson -o heavy/heavy.o -c heavy/heavy.cu
/bin/bash: nvcc: command not found
make[2]: *** [heavy/heavy.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/ccminer-1.2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/ccminer-1.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

git clone
cd ccminer-1.2
./autogen.sh
./configure

So i'm not sure if it even installed properly with those errors and I also don't know how to even start my x11 gpu mining. If I could could get some help on this I'd greatly appreciate it because as it is my cpu mining won't get me too much and I was only able to get that installed thanks to the thread on this forum.

Did you install CUDA-driver already?
What does
Code:
find / | grep nvcc
return for you?

permission denied I think that's another issue right there lol. I have my normal nvidia drivers installed properly I believe.
You have to install CUDA-toolkit first

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev build-essential libx11-dev libxmu-dev libxi-dev libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev gcc make -y
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev autoconf git screen libncurses5-dev libdb4.8-dev -y
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) -y
wget http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/5_5/rel/installers/cuda_5.5.22_linux_64.run
sudo sh cuda_5.5.22_linux_64.run -silent -driver -toolkit

This should install CUDA in /usr/local/cuda-5.5

After sucessful CUDA toolkit installation you should be able to continue your steps above with

Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure
PATH=/usr/local/cuda-5.5/bin:$PATH make

After sucessful compile run the miner with

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64 ./ccminer {your_options}

I don't think I was able to install the cuda driver correctly as got this issue after the following command.
user@user-System-Product-Name ~ $ sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev autoconf git screen libncurses5-dev libdb4.8-dev -y
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libdb4.8-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libdb4.8-dev' has no installation candidate

find / | grep nvcc still brings back permission denied so im assuming I didn't install this properly, which would explain why I get more errors and stuff when trying to start the program. Sorry I know your instructions were prob bang on but I've been a windows user my whole life and may have to just dual boot because a week into linux and I still can't install a program like this. I really appreciate the help though.

edit: I don't even know how to what to do to start the miner if it was installed properly. My best guess would be
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64 ./ccminer -a X11 -o pool -u worker -p pass -B
but that's because I'm copying what I use to start my cpuminer pretty much and I don't know if it's supposed to be an "a" before X11 or another letter. I'm just completely lost.

Back