• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CCminer X11 mining on NVidia cards

Great news if true, it will boost the number of potential darkcoin miners. With more miners each coin will be harder to get and hopefully receive a boost in price.

Absolutely! I've been unable to compile it so far, so I'll have another look tomorrow.

Code:
/home/-/build/ccminer/cpu-miner.c:903: undefined reference to `scanhash_nist5'
/home/-/build/ccminer/cpu-miner.c:908: undefined reference to `scanhash_x11'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [ccminer] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/-/build/ccminer'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/-/build/ccminer'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm getting 1.8mhash on P2Pool with an NVidia GTX 760 (ccMiner v1.0 windows binary). Apparently x11 hasn't been optimized in this release, so future releases of ccMiner might improve the has rate further. Either way it is a huge improvement on CPU only mining and Christian deserves credit for the work he's put in to allow NVidia owners to mine Darkcoin.

Build issue for me (64-bit 13.10):

Stack dump:
0. Running pass 'Live Variable Analysis' on function '@_Z24myriadgroestl_gpu_sha256Pj'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[2]: *** [cuda_myriadgroestl.o] Error 139

---
cicc crashed with SIGSEGV in llvm::LiveVariables::HandleVirtRegUse()
reason: writing NULL VMA
with: nvidia-cuda-toolkit 5.0.35-7ubuntu1

I'm getting 1.8mhash on P2Pool with an NVidia GTX 760 (ccMiner v1.0 windows binary). Apparently x11 hasn't been optimized in this release, so future releases of ccMiner might improve the has rate further. Either way it is a huge improvement on CPU only mining and Christian deserves credit for the work he's put in to allow NVidia owners to mine Darkcoin.
anyone got a 750ti running x11?

Is there a windows binary for cuda anywhere to be found? I have 7 nVida 750Ti that I would like to start mining with but I am not a linux person.

I just install ccminer from the link you provided and when I start the program I get an error that says the miner can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from my computer. Any suggestions?

Edit: I googled the problem and installed the missing dll file but still get the same error. Can anyone offer some help?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the Microsoft Visual C run time library v10, if you just downloaded the single dll file from somewhere then maybe try downloading the full runtime installer from microsoft and installing that. This dll file usually lives in the windows\system32 folder but would probably be picked up if you copied it to the ccminer x86 folder.

Build issue for me (64-bit 13.10):

Stack dump:
0. Running pass 'Live Variable Analysis' on function '@_Z24myriadgroestl_gpu_sha256Pj'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[2]: *** [cuda_myriadgroestl.o] Error 139

---
cicc crashed with SIGSEGV in llvm::LiveVariables::HandleVirtRegUse()
reason: writing NULL VMA
with: nvidia-cuda-toolkit 5.0.35-7ubuntu1
I have the exact same issue. Have you had any luck finding a solution?

That's the Microsoft Visual C run time library v10, if you just downloaded the single dll file from somewhere then maybe try downloading the full runtime installer from microsoft and installing that. This dll file usually lives in the windows\system32 folder but would probably be picked up if you copied it to the ccminer x86 folder.
I installed the MS Visual C and still get the same error.

I am running (2) GeForce GTX 760's..
This is my string: ccminer30.exe -t 2 -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u -p
This is my clocking: Power Limit: 84%, Core Clock(MHz): +192, Memory Clock(MHz) +192, Fan Speed: 93%
I am currently getting a VRel cap that is only letting me get @78% power% (not sure why I am getting that.. may need bigger power supply)
My temps are 63c on my Evga, and 77c on my Galaxy (doesn't have nearly the cooling fin size as the Evga)
I am currently getting @2040khash/s from the Evga and @2010khash/s on the Galaxy!!
I am pretty happy with the output!!

Hello,

I've been mining with ccminer on my GTX 780 over the past 3 or 4 days. However, it has stopped working.
It's been working fine over the weekend, getting around 2000 khash/s. But now, all I get is this error:
GPU #0: result for nonce $00000000 does not validate on CPU!

For reference, here is my .bat:
ccminer35.exe --algo=x11 -o stratum+tcp://212.227.91.190:7903 -u [wallet]+0.001 -p 123 --quiet

I've tried with two different pools, and I get the same error on both. Neither the GPU or the CPU is overclocked.
Using minerd-corei7-avx instead of ccminer works, so there is nothing wrong with the pools. However I only get around 500 khash/s with cpu mining.. I'd rather use ccminer.

I'm also getting artifacts on the windows desktop sometimes when I try to start up ccminer, little green or white dots appear at times then disappears. And sometimes when I try to start up ccminer the screen blacks out and I get a "nvidia driver crashed and has been restored error".

I've been using MSI Afterburner while mining this whole time and set the fan speed to 100%, so temperatures have been low.

All was working fine yesterday... Did my graphics card break or something?

Following.. I get the same error maybe 3-4 times an hour, and just chalk it up to the fact that the program is just a tweak off of a cpu mining program..I just get that as a random error.. but the next line it goes right back to accepting..

KBomba's build with 2.1 is nice for the older nVidia cards like my GTS 450. I'm averaging about 100ish khash/s which is nicer than the 40-50ish from my CPU. Together it's nicer. definitely nice to see it working now.

Back