• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Catch all system?

Or he could be gaming us because who cares, Dash will die off eventually right? /s

All I'm saying is, we are sending a very alarming message to the people ACTUALLY DOING THE WORK.
We can talk about what ifs and maybes all day long. Numbers please.

Give me 10000 Dash, maybe I can get us some very lucrative partnerships too!*
*I make no promises, just possibilities. Just trust me!

Is not how we do business in the real world.

Sure, in theory he could be. The people who are working with him are telling you that he's doing a great job but that it's not something that can be reduced to numbers.

I'll tell you this: I'm the "official" writer for Dash. I'm a member of the Core Team and I write virtually all our press releases and official announcements. Those that I don't write, I edit. The stories you are seeing published right now are stories I have never seen before; I didn't write them and I didn't edit them. They didn't come from the Core Team. So maybe a whole bunch of journalists just suddenly got interested in Dash and decided to start writing about us. Or maybe our PR firm is doing what we hired them to do.

tungfa Do you remember the last time we actually had a press release published? IIRC it's been months. Nobody in crypto journalism cares about press releases anymore. It sucks because I spend a lot of time writing them, but it's true!

The voters are deciding. Right now they are deciding not to fund Soda Machine Reimbursement so that Terpin-PR gets funded. Maybe they decide something differently in a few days.

Yes, the system is working as it was *designed.* I wouldn't necessarily say that it's working "as intended." What we are seeing here, IMO, is unintended consequences. I don't think anybody anticipated that the Core Team would sign a contract and then possibly be held liable for civil damages because the network decided not to fund a proposal that was already approved.

So much is being said in innuendo here lately. There's always a shadowy "them" lurking behind the scenes, opposing everything good and pure. Are you talking about Evan? Is he the one you are accusing of "running the budget" and deciding what gets funded and what doesn't? Because he only has 275 votes.* Or is it that mysterious Otoh who is running the show, making sure the proposals you like are voted down? But he only has 405 votes. So who exactly is it that is doing all these bad things? Is it the entire Core Team? All the people who are writing the code that you use every day...is it these people who are manipulating the budget and negating your desires?

Who? Who are these nefarious individuals that are "running the budget" and are being "appeased?"

*Public information, revealed by Elbereth upon vote analysis before time-lagged voting was introduced.

I'm accusing noone. I'm saying something is wrong here, whether its Terpin pulling strings or a group or anything else I don't agree with it.

The budget should not be help accountable for contracts signed by people.

1 month chunks or payment upfront. Why is this even an argument? Why are you putting the community on the hook for some shitty contract that anyone in the current business world would have denied. This is not the future just yet. Slow down. We are still in a world of Fiat. Pay in Fiat if you want to sign a contract.

Sure, in theory he could be. The people who are working with him are telling you that he's doing a great job but that it's not something that can be reduced to numbers.

I'll tell you this: I'm the "official" writer for Dash. I'm a member of the Core Team and I write virtually all our press releases and official announcements. Those that I don't write, I edit. The stories you are seeing published right now are stories I have never seen before; I didn't write them and I didn't edit them. They didn't come from the Core Team. So maybe a whole bunch of journalists just suddenly got interested in Dash and decided to start writing about us. Or maybe our PR firm is doing what we hired them to do.

tungfa Do you remember the last time we actually had a press release published? IIRC it's been months. Nobody in crypto journalism cares about press releases anymore. It sucks because I spend a lot of time writing them, but it's true!

Or maybe Dash is organically growing? Because you know, people are giving alts a chance now that BItcoin is having issue AGAIN?

No way, it must be 100% Terpin! What a genius!

edit: oh it definitely can be reduced to numbers. It happens every day! It's called we want to know what the money is being spent on and whats coming out of it.

Linking me the news section of Dashtalk is pointless. I want to see traction. I want to see content thats useful, not just promotional.

Let me repeat myself; any PR firm worth its weight could and would happily provide this stuff. If they cannot provide insight as to whats going on and if the ROI is actually there, they are not worth doing business with.

Or maybe Dash is organically growing? Because you know, people are giving alts a chance now that BItcoin is having issue AGAIN?

No way, it must be 100% Terpin! What a genius!

Yes, maybe so. Maybe we went months without any journalists interested in us at all, and then they just all suddenly, at about the same time, decided that they needed to write about Dash. Maybe they just all made this decision at once, without any prodding or introductions from anybody else.

I suggest deploying Occam's Razor.

Yes, maybe so. Maybe we went months without any journalists interested in us at all, and then they just all suddenly, at about the same time, decided that they needed to write about Dash. Maybe they just all made this decision at once, without any prodding or introductions from anybody else.

I suggest deploying Occam's Razor.

So you are telling me evolution has nothing to do with it? The community helping out has no bearing on the users? People like ericsammons who do the exact same thing as Terpin, but did it for free, don't matter?

What exactly are you saying here? Terpin did all of that himself?

Because let me tell you, I found out about Dash via Youtube. That must have been Terpin too right?

So you are telling me evolution has nothing to do with it? The community helping out has no bearing on the users? People like ericsammons who do the exact same thing as Terpin, but did it for free, don't matter?

What exactly are you saying here? Terpin did all of that himself?

Because let me tell you, I found out about Dash via Youtube. That must have been Terpin too right?

I'm saying that a whole bunch of things rarely happen simultaneously for absolutely no reason. Maybe it was Terpin, maybe it was ericsammons, maybe it was you yourself. But it's statistically unlikely for so many news articles to be released at the same time by different and unconnected journalists without any outside "intervention."

In any event, I'll agree to disagree on this. I'm not arguing for the sake of convincing you, but to convince others who will come here. Cheers!

Let me repeat myself; any PR firm worth its weight could and would happily provide this stuff. If they cannot provide insight as to whats going on and if the ROI is actually there, they are not worth doing business with.

you again eh !
knowing everything as always !

no need to have a discussion with you as :
you always have the last word
have been around the longest
knows everything
and everything about PR for sure
pointless

David
they are working with their won writers, we only give pointers for ideas and such
you are still on for us and team and Press Releases here but the 'outsiders' do their own thing
:wink:

I'm saying that a whole bunch of things rarely happen simultaneously for absolutely no reason. Maybe it was Terpin, maybe it was ericsammons, maybe it was you yourself. But it's statistically unlikely for so many news articles to be released at the same time by different and unconnected journalists without any outside "intervention."

In any event, I'll agree to disagree on this. I'm not arguing for the sake of convincing you, but to convince others who will come here. Cheers!

See but if we had actually said, he community go write a bunch fo articles about Dash and make them informative and well buy them with the budget! We could track this stuff, but since we are going to a company whos dictating the rules we get nothing?

Why are we using this company again? We should NOT be at the mercy of them. We should be at the marcy of the community.

I think you guys keep missing my points here because you are so stuck on me disagreeing with you. So I will gladly keep repeating myself.

Links? Numbers? Math? ROI? TPS reports?

you again eh !
knowing everything as always !

no need to have a discussion with you as :
you always have the last word
have been around the longest
knows everything
and everything about PR for sure
pointless

David
they are working with their won writers, we only give pointers for ideas and such
you are still on for us and team and Press Releases here but the 'outsiders' do their own thing
:wink:

Still not supplying anything but a DT News section link I see.

Pointless.

Where's the transparency in this again?

I believe transparency is very important and seems to be brushed off the shoulder around here.

I did contact some core team individuals and they assured me expense reports for previous budgets will be provided, just not sure when.

I think it would be wise for the team to catch up on all these things sooner rather than later. There should be a set date each month for reports to be published, maybe a month behind actual budgets. I've never seen an expense report published since our first budget, which means we are about 3-4 months behind.

PR must be "invisible". If we report: 1-2-3-... are our "paid PR" - we will lose 90% of positive effect (in the best case). And as usual - we will get negative effect instead.
So "PR" - it is not about transparency.

Why do you actively require this? It will spoil everything.

PR must be "invisible". If we report: 1-2-3-... are our "paid PR" - we will lose 90% of positive effect (in the best case). And as usual - we will get negative effect instead.

WHAT?

So now transparency isn't important? Because it interferes with our supposed "PR"? Thats bull.

Where am I?

I believe transparency is very important and seems to be brushed off the shoulder around here.

I did contact some core team individuals and they assured me expense reports for previous budgets will be provided, just not sure when.

I think it would be wise for the team to catch up on all these things sooner rather than later. There should be a set date each month for reports to be published, maybe a month behind actual budgets. I've never seen an expense report published since our first budget, which means we are about 3-4 months behind.

I would love to see this as well. Please focus on the things that matter and supply the information you guys promised, you can erase this whole issue then.

We don't care if someone disagrees transparency is annoying in this setting, it's not transparency when it's selectively used.

WHAT?

So now transparency isn't important? Because it interferes with our supposed "PR"? Thats bull.

Where am I?

Yes - In the case of PR - the transparency - is the most harmful thing.
Do you have experience in this area? I guess you don't.

PR is not the only budget. I'm thinking along the lines of.

"We need this much for Miami conference."
Miami happens and now,
"We spent our miami money on...
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3"

It keeps people accountable for the budget funds used.

This is one example. Also wasn't sure if your response was to me so this may not be relevant to your comment.

Yes - In the case of PR - the transparency - is the most harmful thing.
Do you have experience in this area? I guess you don't.

So we're supposed to just trust in whoever hired these guys? I don't see the logic in this.

If we can't have transparency, why are we being told its of utmost importance in the Dash community?

It's easy to yell we are transparent, it's much harder to follow through.

WHAT?

Where am I?

I would love to see this as well. Please focus on the things that matter and supply the information you guys promised, you can erase this whole issue then.

We don't care if someone disagrees transparency is annoying in this setting, it's not transparency when it's selectively used.

Not that you actually care, but I think the idea was to time-lag the report rather than not to give one at all.

I'm curious why you're even asking. It's plainly obvious that if you were given a report saying "Terpin got this, this, and that article published" you would argue that there is no proof and that we are just lying to you. tungfa (part of the Core Team, in charge of PR) essentially already gave you a list, but you are calling him a liar, saying Terpin had nothing to do with those articles since there is no proof. Tungfa is pretty much the "official" word on what's going on with PR.

Short of a real-time webcam showing Transform.PR authors feverishly writing, I don't think anything anybody tells you is going to convince you.

Not that you actually care, but I think the idea was to time-lag the report rather than not to give one at all.

I'm curious why you're even asking. It's plainly obvious that if you were given a report saying "Terpin got this, this, and that article published" you would argue that there is no proof and that we are just lying to you. tungfa (part of the Core Team, in charge of PR) essentially already gave you a list, but you are calling him a liar, saying Terpin had nothing to do with those articles since there is no proof. Why would you trust anybody else?

Short of a real-time webcam showing Transform.PR authors feverishly writing, I don't think anything anybody tells you is going to convince you.

Analytics please. They exist for a reason. They know how many eyeballs read this stuff, they know how many website its on. Thats PLENTY.

But the attitude around here seems to be, we don't deserve to see proof because we're all too naive to understand it? really?

Keep on with this "I dont care thing". Please. I will gladly keep this up just to prove to you its exactly the opposite. I want to see the budget used for everyone, not 3 people. I want to see an ecosystem sprout up, not a slush fund for the foundation to use as they see fit. If thats the case, why do we even vote? Just take the goddamn money and be done with it.

I see noone around here understands passion, you keep trying to slap me down, I will keep coming right back at you until YOU get bored of it. because I care wayyyy too much about these principals to let your attitude toward me dissuade me.

We should never have 512 or 1024 DASH unallocated in the budget, and the large catch-all proposals should never be given the chance to bump off a legit proposal. If there is DASH leftover, the unused currency should probably be rolled over to the next month's superblock, not burned.
There is the potential to manipulate the voting system with these proposals (at least more so than now). Let's say I'm a whale. I don't like a proposal that costs 512 DASH, I can vote NO for it and YES for Catchall-512. In this way I have the potential to steer large amounts of DASH away from a project and toward the core team. Unless I'm misunderstanding how these work...

I would vote yes for a modification to the budgeting system that allows unused funds to rollover to the next month (just like a bank account).This would keep the budget funds under blockchain control.

We should never have 512 or 1024 DASH unallocated in the budget, and the large catch-all proposals should never be given the chance to bump off a legit proposal. If there is DASH leftover, the unused currency should probably be rolled over to the next month's superblock, not burned.
There is the potential to manipulate the voting system with these proposals (at least more so than now). Let's say I'm a whale. I don't like a proposal that costs 512 DASH, I can vote NO for it and YES for Catchall-512. In this way I have the potential to steer large amounts of DASH away from a project and toward the core team. Unless I'm misunderstanding how these work...

I would vote yes for a modification to the budgeting system that allows unused funds to rollover to the next month (just like a bank account).This would keep the budget funds under blockchain control.

Some fair common ground. I like this idea.

Back