• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can the core marketing team please stand up

Dashmaximalist

we see so much activity and noise from the dev team , everyone knows what they are up to , who they are etc

does anyone have the list of marketing folks and what the marketing road map is ( again we have the road map for devs right )

i only know of people like tao of sathoshi , amanda and the biz dev guy

do we have a core marketing team at all ?

I don't think so, and frankly, I would rather see the the core team focused on software dev and business dev at this time anyway. Until Evolution is near launch, we have nothing to market. We don't even have a finalized white paper for Evolution. What we have right now are a lot of promises.

@amanda_b_johnson , @TaoOfSatoshi , @mastermined , et. al. are doing a terrific job of growing Dash Nation, but at our current stage, we don't have much to offer new users. We don't have good mobile wallets; we don't have web wallet services; we don't have a good HD wallet; and we don't have an extensive network of dash services and merchants.

We do have a novel and functional budgeting/governance system, but as you can see from the proposals that are getting funded, we have not yet developed a sophisticated network of masternodes that is able to analyze, evaluate, account and lead Dash.

The speculative interest in Dash is helpful to fund the fulfillment of the Dash promises, but we need to be much closer to fulfillment before we do any serious marketing. Premature marketing would just make Dash look like a pump-and-dump scheme.

We do have a marketing team -- the leaders of Dash Nation. Granted, they are not professional marketers, but we don't need professionals at this stage.

We don't yet have "Dash as Convenient Digital Cash" as a product that can be marketed.
But we could create additional type of product "Dash as an Investment possibility" and market such a product accordingly - to several types of investors.

Please understand create a clone of any coin is couple of clicks , the real power of a coin is two things

NETWORKS AND MARKETING

we should be aggressive on both

building the bridges and telling people about dash

We don't yet have "Dash as Convenient Digital Cash" as a product that can be marketed.
But we could create additional type of product "Dash as an Investment possibility" and market such a product accordingly - to several types of investors.
yes that what is possible

right now we need to pull some of bitcoin crowd into dash with our use cases

I don't think so, and frankly, I would rather see the the core team focused on software dev and business dev at this time anyway. Until Evolution is near launch, we have nothing to market. We don't even have a finalized white paper for Evolution. What we have right now are a lot of promises.

@amanda_b_johnson , @TaoOfSatoshi , @mastermined , et. al. are doing a terrific job of growing Dash Nation, but at our current stage, we don't have much to offer new users. We don't have good mobile wallets; we don't have web wallet services; we don't have a good HD wallet; and we don't have an extensive network of dash services and merchants.

We do have a novel and functional budgeting/governance system, but as you can see from the proposals that are getting funded, we have not yet developed a sophisticated network of masternodes that is able to analyze, evaluate, account and lead Dash.

The speculative interest in Dash is helpful to fund the fulfillment of the Dash promises, but we need to be much closer to fulfillment before we do any serious marketing. Premature marketing would just make Dash look like a pump-and-dump scheme.

absolutely! well said!

Please understand create a clone of any coin is couple of clicks , the real power of a coin is two things

NETWORKS AND MARKETING

we should be aggressive on both

building the bridges and telling people about dash

Gosh I hope not. I hope that product development would be WAY at the top of that list! Second, to me, would be talent/team.

But really, you shouldn't worry about this. We have relationships with a couple of marketing companies now, they've done good work for us, and may still be working on something for all I know, but until we have a real product, or a bit announcement (for investors) there is nothing to say.

Though I do agree it wouldn't hurt to get more investors in as we'll need a real market cap to function.

my biggest worry is this , dash is wonderful, but how long would it take for google or facebook to copy our code and give away $10 worth of dash for free , what would happen then ?

THere is only way to beat that scenario , ie to grow and grow fast

now that we got a ton of developers can we speed up the evolution roll out ?

my biggest worry is this , dash is wonderful, but how long would it take for google or facebook to copy our code and give away $10 worth of dash for free , what would happen then ?

THere is only way to beat that scenario , ie to grow and grow fast

now that we got a ton of developers can we speed up the evolution roll out ?

LOL, you really think they have those kinds of funds to throw around on a brand new project? This is our LIFE! And I maybe, we can get the Core group to start a savings account for Dash for a massive, ever seen before, campaign. I just wrote a pre-proposal to get Core's attention (hopefully). We should be saving up so we can do something like what Paypal did (give $20 away to each sign up) or better still, offer that to merchants (more controllable due to the nature of dash accounts) and advertise all over the world. Our budget system could fund this and it could be bigger than anything we've ever seen before :D

yes please , lets give 1 million people 10-20 each for install the app and opening the account ( do like a sms verification to prevent fraud)

we would increase the market cap so much that we could recoup the whole amount back in no time

and then we could extend to next few million and so on

this is the best marketing strategy out there and i believe dash has the best shot of doing this and succeeding

keep me posted on the progress Mate , we got one shot , only one shot , the $50-100 billion market cap is the danger zone , if we cross the $500 billion market cap we have arrived

Core has been paying a professional marketing firm but I think they are on hold right now or something. Have not heard much from them lately. Look for a new contract for them in this month's core budget when it drops.
As for grassroots marketing and promotions check out ...

DashForce_Tips Contest Thread: Help Dash to Win Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce_tips-contest-thread-help-dash-to-win-dash.12172/

Dash Force Meetup & Presentation Contest:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-meetup-presentation-contest.12802/

I really like your ambitious thinking @Dashmaximalist . We do however need better mobile wallets, (an Apple wallet as well!) because without these, there is too much friction (in terms of ease of use) for regular people. You're also right to ask can't Evolution be sped up! (Hopefully quicker than Charles Darwin's controversial theory.) :)

Core has been paying a professional marketing firm but I think they are on hold right now or something. Have not heard much from them lately. Look for a new contract for them in this month's core budget when it drops.
As for grassroots marketing and promotions check out ...

DashForce_Tips Contest Thread: Help Dash to Win Dash
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce_tips-contest-thread-help-dash-to-win-dash.12172/

Dash Force Meetup & Presentation Contest:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashforce-meetup-presentation-contest.12802/

wachsman PR is still in action
(they were on hold before 12.1 for a month or so but are back on since release)

We do however need better mobile wallets, (an Apple wallet as well!) because without these, there is too much friction (in terms of ease of use) for regular people.
I agree about apple wallet, but what's wrong with Android wallets? We have dedicated Dash wallet. Apart from that we also have other wallets such as Coinomi or Jaxx.

I agree about apple wallet, but what's wrong with Android wallets? We have dedicated Dash wallet. Apart from that we also have other wallets such as Coinomi or Jaxx.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound negative about the dedicated Dash wallet. But, it can take a while for the balance to appear when he app is opened. (This may be a little bit stressful for newbies who may think their money has vanished. I've had to reload the chain on the wallet quite a few times actually.)

I first had this wallet back in the old days of Darkcoin, and this never used to happen. Perhaps it's the much greater levels of traffic or complexity of the underlying code and blockchain?

Anyway, maybe/hopefully this slight flaw can be improved given time... (Which is why I beleive it will be better to save our marketing dollars/dash for Evolution.)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound negative about the dedicated Dash wallet. But, it can take a while for the balance to appear when he app is opened.

Ya true the current android wallet is not completly reliable however i often wonder why there is no equivalent of Blockchain.info wallet etc ,they are doing a terrific job obviously

Cheers

I tend to think Google/Facebook and the rest of the bigboys face the permissioned/permissionless paradox so beautifully demonstrated by R3 CEV.

In this regard I see DASH's permissionless blockchain as the foundation, with the DASH DAO growing from it organically. It remains uncertain that the bigboys can reverse engineer this fundamental structure.

I speculate that, much to the contrary, Googlebux runs counter to their foundation of resources natively denominated in fiat and that the paradox of reverse engineering blockchain is impossible for them to solve because they are downstream from fiat itself!

The various equities they have previously issued would suffer greatly.

My 2 duffs

Last edited:
I absolutely agree. Dash is decentralised, Facebook money, or google bux, or Apple Pay are all centralised. Just like PayPal.

This is the key distinction.

wachsman PR is still in action
(they were on hold before 12.1 for a month or so but are back on since release)

6000 Dash is getting wasted ( nor created whatever ) which can be used for marketing , imagine the possibilites of half a million cash being used for marketing , the price would double every month , if we used all the treasury capital money for marketing

Back