• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal: The Instantx Soda Machine!

I get that. I presume the android wallet is open sourced? Anyone got the code required to perform an instant x in c++? Or have the knowledge of what's required?

Good news. I've downloaded eclipse and now waiting for the massive download of the android sdk. Going to see if I can launch the initial project first and see if I can work my way around it.

This picture shows a comparison to a similar soda machine and a vending machine. The machine we are bringing is about 1ft shorter than this machine but has the same length/width. As you can see, small for a soda machine. We are also working on changing the front design, but have not committed to a design yet. This picture is intended to only be used for size/machine type understanding.

Thanks for the example, but maybe I did not explain myself very well, the exchange organizers need to be sold on the idea. I told them we have a "cool crypto soda machine" I think we need the picture to show the LCD screen and Dash Graphics. I don't want to risk them saying no if I just send them a conventional looking soda machine. We don't have their approval yet so I want to send him something they like. Is not only about space is also about image.

Could Raptor or someone do some photoshop magic and give me something that looks closer to the end product? Or the other option, by what date do you think we can have real pictures of the refurbished machine on the outside even if the internals are not ready?

Thanks.

Thanks for the example, but maybe I did not explain myself very well, the exchange organizers need to be sold on the idea. I told them we have a "cool crypto soda machine" I think we need the picture to show the LCD screen and Dash Graphics. I don't want to risk them saying no if I just send them a conventional looking soda machine. We don't have their approval yet so I want to send him something they like. Is not only about space is also about image.

Could Raptor or someone do some photoshop magic and give me something that looks closer to the end product? Or the other option, by what date do you think we can have real pictures of the refurbished machine on the outside even if the internals are not ready?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, this is a retrofit and protoype at the same time. It's currently 80% disassembled and laying around my workshop. Even if it weren't so, it'd look like absolute hell because it's an outdoor machine from 1991, and it shows every minute of it. The plan is to spruce it up and make it pretty when we're done futzing with it so we don't wreck up the pretty we just put on it doing real man work.

I'll leave it on the trailer and run it off of my shiny new Yamaha EF2000iS if they're going to make excuses to blockade anything that isn't a princess wearing bitcoin to the dance. IT's small enough that is doesn't block a public sidewalk, so that option exists, too. Can't get tresspassed from a sidewalk.

Unfortunately, this is a retrofit and protoype at the same time. It's currently 80% disassembled and laying around my workshop. Even if it weren't so, it'd look like absolute hell because it's an outdoor machine from 1991, and it shows every minute of it. The plan is to spruce it up and make it pretty when we're done futzing with it so we don't wreck up the pretty we just put on it doing real man work.

I'll leave it on the trailer and run it off of my shiny new Yamaha EF2000iS if they're going to make excuses to blockade anything that isn't a princess wearing bitcoin to the dance. IT's small enough that is doesn't block a public sidewalk, so that option exists, too. Can't get tresspassed from a sidewalk.
Daniel just needs to show the organizers an idea of what the machine would look like: dimensions, graphics and such. If an image were taken of the same model, with the new features superimposed on, that's all they would need I would imagine.

Daniel just needs to show the organizers an idea of what the machine would look like: dimensions, graphics and such. If an image were taken of the same model, with the new features superimposed on, that's all they would need I would imagine.
I'm not sure I can do better than this right now... I'll do my best here:

This is the actual machine as it was when I picked it up. I was holding the camera at about chest level and you can still see I'm looking down on the top of it a little bit. I'm 6'4".
IMG_20151216_1657331.jpg

Here it is at my shop, before I started tearing things apart.
IMG_20151228_205005.jpg

The plan, tenuous as it is, is to peel the vinyl pepsi stickers off the side, remove the pepsi plastic from the front. Paint the whole thing pure white. Huge DASH logo up and down both sides (where the pepsi tot he right is now) and reaplce the front light-up plastic with one of the 3 things below, or, something similar to them:

dashvend_plastic_across.png
dashvend_plastic_upwards.png
dashvend_plastic_downwards.png

I don't have graphics for the vinyls on the sides yet, but you can get the general idea from the rightmost two front-panel mockups above. These might change. My vision is a white monolithic bold presence using void space to suck your attention to it. A hole in your field of vision that doesn't blend into clutter.

There is a tentative plan for really hot bitches in matching scant attire, but that may not pan out. They're not reliable people...

Probably not. I assume you mean to: a) send & b) receive InstantX transactions?

I could only start looking through the Dash code, not yet familiar enough with the codebase. Sorry.

nmarley Send would be all we need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back