• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Binance DASH Address problem

I_am_amicus

Hi Guys,
I hope someone can help me. This is my first ever experience using DASH.
My friend sent me 5 dash from his Binance account to my Binance account but it hasn't arrived 4 days later.

When doing the transaction 4 days ago I copied my Binance public wallet address from the DASH deposit page on Binance and emailed it to my friend. The next day, when the DASH hadnt arrived to my Binance account, I checked my wallet address again on Binance and noticed that it was different to the address I had sent to my friend.

The TX ID is: 663cccad7a53d158e417173c3610bc7bcd1678c4106ecefc47c4b0f16efcec22

Im trying to figure out what went wrong, I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly:(.
Can anyone tell me if the following address is a DASH wallet address?:

Xx1MPT3RGQVRAWhvAguUA5Ln8uP6ErB595

If it is a Dash wallet address I think the problem is with Binance because I never used DASH before this transaction and I don't have any other Dash wallet. So it must have come from Binance, but they arent entertaining me at the moment

I'd appreciate it if somebody can help me shed some light on this.

thanks

Amicus

Hi there,

the transaction was processed successfully on the Dash blockchain. 5 Dash was sent, but it seems like Binance deducted some fees so only 4.869 arrived at the address Xx1MPT3RGQVRAWhvAguUA5Ln8uP6ErB595

If this is your receiving address for Dash on Binance, you should have been credited. If your receiving address changed, then you need to contact Binance and ask why they changed it. Unfortunately Dash has no influence over what exchanges do or how they manage their wallets, you need to take this up with them...

Good luck!

Hi there,

the transaction was processed successfully on the Dash blockchain. 5 Dash was sent, but it seems like Binance deducted some fees so only 4.869 arrived at the address Xx1MPT3RGQVRAWhvAguUA5Ln8uP6ErB595

If this is your receiving address for Dash on Binance, you should have been credited. If your receiving address changed, then you need to contact Binance and ask why they changed it. Unfortunately Dash has no influence over what exchanges do or how they manage their wallets, you need to take this up with them...

Good luck!

Thank you very much for replying, the situation is causing me considerable stress.
It would be very helpful if I can confirm that: Xx1MPT3RGQVRAWhvAguUA5Ln8uP6ErB595 is a DASH address.
Unfortunately, Binance's default position is unhelpful (ie. the customer's an idiot) so I'd like to construct a solid argument before I engage with them again.

I can see 3 possibilities as to how the address may have changed:

1: A cut and paste accident.
2: Malware infection (cut and paste replacement by malicious software).
3: My receiving wallet address was changed at Binance between logins.

If I can confirm that: Xx1MPT3RGQVRAWhvAguUA5Ln8uP6ErB595 is a DASH address. This would help me to rule out number 1: above.

Thank you again for your time.

Amicus

Mister Atrophy,
I'm still unfortunately unable to get the dash back Binance insist that the problem was not caused at their end.

I'm at a loss as to what I can do. The Dash is still sitting there untouched at that address. There doesnt appear to be any activity there. Im beginning to suspect its not an actual dash address. Is any way to retrieve it.

Amicus

Strophy, not Atrophy please ;)

Xx1MPT3RGQVRAWhvAguUA5Ln8uP6ErB595 is definitely 100% certain a Dash address, and it definitely has a balance of 4.869 DASH. There is no way to retrieve it without access to the private key for that address.

I just checked my Binance account and the address did not change between deposits. In all cases, Binance moved the deposited amount from my deposit address to their hot wallet (XfcLDYdv97tc8YYbQqmR1gxBdLq4xfPNdy), and sometimes to one other address. The transactions are batched together with deposits from other users. In all cases, the deposited amount was moved between 3-13 blocks after deposit, although I'm not sure if that is because I made a trade or not. In your case, the deposit did not move, so I guess it is possible that this is not a Binance address. Where else might you have gotten that address?

Oops autocorrect sorry Strophy.

Wow your response time is fast.
That was my very first time ever to use dash. One thing came to mind. When I had cut and paste I use the keyboard command-x. If my keystroke timing was off a little I may have inadvertently added an X to the start of another coin address, thereby creating a dash address by accident. This is the only thing I can think of. Either way the dash is gone I think

That is almost impossible, since the last 6 characters of a Dash address are actually a checksum of the first part of the address. Changing any one character should make the entire address invalid due to a checksum error, causing your wallet to reject the transaction.

Well its 3 years on and sadly I didnt get my coins back. They are still sitting in the wallet address untouched that Binance supplied me with.

Who owns that wallet address I dont know but my Binance account doesnt have access to that wallet.

I never had cause to use Dash before or since that one time.

Binance support are worse than useless, they just kept pointing out the obvious and closing any ticket I opened, without addressing the issue that the wallet address I used
to receive the Dash was the one they supplied to me.

I wonder has anybody else had a similar situation with Binance? and been able to resolve the issue.

Back