• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Best procedure to move a Masternode to another server?

pin0de

I need to move my masternode to another server.

Can I leave the 1000 DASH on the previous key and just set up a new server, then edit the masternode.conf file on the local computer with the IP address of the new server? (So I would be leaving the pubkey, txhash etc the same and add the pubkey to the dash.conf on the new server.)

Or is it mandatory to generate a new key, move the 1000 DASH to the new key when changing IP addresses and setting up a new Masternode?

Could somebody explain the best procedure and list the steps in the order that makes the most sense?

Thanks!

Can I leave the 1000 DASH on the previous key and just set up a new server, then edit the masternode.conf file on the local computer with the IP address of the new server?
I think yes, but first wait until old masternode entry dropped from network (check it with masternodelist full your_address in console).

Yes you can.
2 wait 70 min +/- (check if the node is not on the network as suggested above on your new vps) and issue the start command of the node with changed masternode.conf

Last edited:
Back